Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperp...62 Answers
  • What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty ble...182 Answers
Media (1950)
Ann S.
This foundation is heavy and covers all the imperfections on your skin. This is good for oily and combination skin types. It is long lasting. I bought this in Sephora. I would buy it again and recommend this to others.
Neyda R.
Edinburg, TX
This is one of my favorite foundations and I only switched over to drugstore brands cause it got too pricey for me but I like the coverage and really kept me matte during the day. Did leave me looking a little Cakey but maybe I was just adding too much to get that full coverage effect
Lady M.
The foundation goes on kind of patchy and streaky so you have to take more time with blending it out way more than usual. A little doesn't really go a long way. I wouldn't recommend as a 10/10 go to. It has a weird sticky feel and smell to it.
Emily A.
Review for: Other more...
This is the ultimate in full coverage foundation. Kat Von D was NOT playing around with this formula!

So full disclosure: I don't wear this foundation personally because I don't like full coverage, however I have tried it multiple times and use it on clients A LOT.

I would give it 5 stars but because it's SO ultra matte, not everyone can wear it. If you have dry or normal to dry skin this is not the foundation for you! This formula will cling to every dry spot you didn't know you had and it's not cute! However, if you have oily skin this foundation is your new best friend.

This can also get cakey REAL fast so the trick is to start out with a hydrating primer and what looks like almost nothing of the foundation, because less really is more, honey! I also advise my clients to apply with a beautyblender as in my experience the foundation wears the best when applied this way AND in the chance you've applied too much (which will definitely happen at least once) it is much easier to sheer out the product with a beautyblender than any brush on the market.

I really wish KVD would come out with another version of this in a natural finish so more people could use it.
Charley C.
Morgantown, WV
Time and time again I've heard mixed reviews about Kat Von D's foundation.

When looking for a new foundation to try after I ran out of my last bottle, I decided to take a step out of my box and purchase the Lock-It Tattoo Foundation for myself. It was everything I've ever hoped for. I've been looking for the perfect full coverage foundation f.o.r.e.v.e.r. I'm happy that I decided to go out on a whim and try something new!

The foundation is buildable. Wanting a more natural look? Apply a small amount. Looking for a glamorous, full face? Apply more. You can't go wrong either way. The coverage is out of this world- my undereye baggage, blemishes, and color spots go away with the dab of a sponge! Something I've truly never been able to experience before without applying massive amounts of concealer.

The formula itself is thick. I was incredibly nervous at first but as I applied it, all my worries went away! It dries quickly, which is something to be aware of. I apply a pump or two to each section of my face (forehead, left side, then right), one section after another.

I have truly fallen in love with this foundation. I will continue to come back for more and don't see myself switching up anytime soon! No complaints from this chick. Just a firm believer and backer of this product!
Megan B.
Cincinnati, OH
I need a HELL YES for the product! The packaging for this product is super cute! But let's be real, it's all about how the product works- right? When I need a full coverage foundation I go for this. Typically, I would have to apply a few layers regardless if the product claims to be full coverage. With the Lock It Tattoo Foundation that is not the case. This foundation covers all of my flaws and makes my skin look like I've been air-brushed. I have some scars on my chest from a car-accident so I'll use this foundation to cover those marks as well. Poof- be gone scars!

The foundation does not dry my skin out and stays on all day. On top of staying on all day, it's color is killer. I have very pale skin with neutral undertones. Finding the right color that doesn't make me orange or too yellow can be difficult. The color does not come off orange like many fair foundations do. Love it! A+
Danielle C.
Greenville, PA
AWESOME awesome coverage. Was very easy to apply with flat too brush and beauty blender. Only thing I did not like was very caked on my skin. Super long lasting and would recommend if someone was looking for full coverage long wear foundation.
Sara H.
Kansas, OK
Review for: Light 43 Warm more...
This foundation goes on so smooth and leaves such an airbrush finish. I cannot believe it doesn't get more hype for the "high coverage/ bare naked" balance it seems to give! I have combination skin and this has been my favorite foundation yet.
Jaelyn P.
Phenix City, AL
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! Cant get enough i would love to receive some more and OMG! It has full coverage and when it dries it not moving i have oily skin and this does the trick for me.I am utterly in love.
Ciara F.
Ferndale , WA
This foundation oxidizes like crazy and it is super thick and cakey looking on the face. Although the coverage is good, it's just not worth looking like an oompa loopa. The price is expensive too, but I must say I like the pump and packaging.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Carisa H.
Evansville, IN
Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperpigmentation?
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?

Amazon