Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19864)
Media (1907)
Jessica S.
Judsonia, AR
Review for: Light 43 Warm more...
This foundation can cover any "flaw". It is a little heavy, but in a good coverage way. The coverage will seriously cover a TATTOO! Great for all skin types (i am normal), highly recommend to anyone who loves great coverage foundation.
Brittany P.
The Pros about this foundation it's the best thing for when you want to be full coverage .. it's not build able it becomes thick and drying .. Cons the only issue with this product its very drying and makes your skin flake away .. but if you have oily skin like me I don't recommend this product it's to thick for the skin and drying ..
Kari S.
One of the best foundation's I've used. It's a bit drying so just make sure to moisturize your skin before hand if you have dry skin. I also really like to mix this product with the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup . Mixing it with the double wear makes for the ultimate long lasting full coverage foundation.
Bria L.
I've only used this a couple times because I own other foundations that match me slightly better and because I'm not a full coverage queen. But if you mix this foundation with the lock it hydrating primer it sheers it out just enough !
Maria R.
Review for: 56 Medium-Neutral Undertone more...
This is such a good foundation, but if you don’t like that full coverage then this is not for you . It does wonders , its so full coverage it covers up your exes your mom your dad your past . . . EVERYTHING!!! I really like this foundation it just felt a little too heavy for my liking .
Shawna P.
Phoenix, AZ
After having a horrible experience trying to find a holy grail foundation, I was hesitant to try yet another one recommended by Sephora. I live in Arizona and have oily skin, not the best combination. I am also prone to acne and have acne scars that I have to have covered or else...yeah no. I first tried the MUFE foundation that everyone and their mom swears by. This barely covered my scars and I had to use a ton just to get decent coverage, Then I tried two shades of UD All Nighter. Lasted....not long and looked horrible...I'm talking major oxidation and looked cakey and totally like I used a one dollar foundation. Back to the store I went.

I finally was recommended this stuff, and it took me a bit to get used to. I love the coverage and how you only have to use a little. I was told by the salesperson to apply this with a brush, but for some reason it didn't seem to last as long and didn't look as even. I now use a beauty blender and it lasts pretty well. Does it last all night? Not really, but it still looks semi nice even after hours of wear. And best of all...it's cheaper than all their other ones I tried!
Lupe T.
Tucson, AZ
I wear #47 and it's beautiful! Very high coverage but it feels lightweight on my skin. It has a matte finish but is not drying. It blends easily and I wear the Lock It Primer underneath to provide extra moisturization. Highly recommend!!
Crystal W.
ATLANTA, GA
I absolutely LOVE this foundation. When I first tried it, I was a little worried. It's quite a thick formula, so I was worried that it was going to feel really heavy and make me look really "made up". But the awesome thing about this foundation is that it's really buildable. You can use as little or as much as you like, depending on the coverage you want. I've made the coverage more sheer as well by adding a little moisturizer on days when I just want to even things out but still have the look of natural skin.

The thing I like most about this foundation is its staying power. Once it's on, it's not going anywhere. I have issues with foundations just miraculously disappering throughout the day. You put it on in the morning and it looks great and by the afternoon your makeup is nowhere to be seen...even with a primer. This foundation lives up to it's name. It "locks in". I didn't have to wear any primer to keep this foundation in place. It just does a really good job of not shifting on your face.

I mentioned before that this foundation is thick...and it is. But, it doesn't feel heavy on your skin. It's actually quite breathable. I also have relatively sensative skin and it didn't break me out at all. I have normal to combination skin, just depends on the season, and it doesn't make my skin feel oily or dry it out.

It's not the most reasonably priced foundation, but trust me, if you want a foundation that will enchance your skin's beauty, stay put, and make you feel great, you definitely need to give this stuff a try.
Charlee W.
I love all Kat Von D products. The lock it foundation has amazing and buildable coverage. It covers imperfections and redness very well. It is easy a to apply and it's good for most skin types. I would definitely buy it again. It is one of the best foundations I have tried.
Mariah J.
Hertford , NC
Review for: Light 48 more...
For anyone who suffers with bad breakouts, this is the foundation to cover it all. It's very thick and high coverage, and blends out well. I recommend a wet beauty blender to apply, to keep it from looking too cakey. I can't use this anymore because it's to heavy for my skin now that it's cleared up, but it's definitely worth it!
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.