Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19903)
Media (1914)
Valerie S.
Bellflower
Breakouts. Red Spots. Uneven Patches. Dark Circles Under Your Eyes. Who hasn't suffered from those things? I know that I sure have. If you're like me, you've probably gone through what feels like hundreds of products looking for that special one. The one that combats all those irritating things listed above. It can be overwhelming searching and trying dozens of different products to find your diamond in the rough. All of my life, even as a teenager, I've suffered from dark circles under my eyes. People used to ask me if someone hit me and I would kind of just stare at them for a moment. Sadly, it's just one of those genetic things that can't be changed. After I had my son, they got darker. Then came the breakouts. Before him, I never had many because I'm one of those people who obsess over their skin and want it to always look flawless. After all those oh so fun hormonal changes, I break out all the time now. I'm not one to blush but some days, it looks like it's all I do because my cheeks just get so red. It's usually the worst in the winter and with the slowly changing weather, it's getting to be that time again. On top of that, the areas around my red spots, they seem to be uneven in color sometimes. I feel like there are mornings where I just can't win because of everything happening at once. If you're like me, it's frustrating for you. All you really want to do is cover all your flaws and feel beautiful. You want to feel flawless and really, who doesn't actually want that? During my search for that diamond in the rough, I found that special product that combats all those nasty things above. I've gone through bottles and bottles of it because it's amazing. You're wondering what that product is, aren't you? Without further ado, I'm going to tell you it's the Lock-It Foundation by the beautiful Kat Von D. This stuff, it's absolutely incredible and it will cover breakouts, red patches, dark circles, and so much more. If you want a flawless and perfect full coverage foundation, you want this one. The application is a little tricky the first time but it's worth. Just grab that beauty blender and get to work ladies. Now, some of you might be wondering what kind of shades are available. Well, let me just tell you she's got everything under the sun. Not only does she have many shades available, she lists what undertone they're best for. Do you know what that means? No more guessing! Are you sold yet? No? Alright, let me tell you a little bit more about this amazing product. To some, the price is a little high and that's understandable, I was hesitant too when I first bought it. Forty dollars is quite a bit of money for one thing, especially if you're a sale and clearance shopper like me. The thing is, you get more than your pay for with this product. There is a lot of liquid in that bottle, way more than you think. A little actually goes a really long way because Lock-It by Kat Von D really is full coverage. One pump from the awesomely cool bottle covers my entire face! Not only that, this foundation combined with my favorite Mally Primer, makes your pores look smaller. I suffer from large ones and even when I use this foundation without a primer, it makes them less noticeable. This product has so many wonderful qualities! It's going to be my favorite for a long time...I might not use it everyday because I don't always need full coverage but it gets use at least three to four times a week! And a side note, it's matte! If you buy this foundation and give it a try, you'll be absolutely hooked! It's my favorite for all the reasons listed above. It has never let me down, not once. The finish is beautiful and I feel flawless, gorgeous, and simply beautiful whenever I wear it.
Madeleine V.
Cape Girardeau
Review for: Light 42 more...
The best high end full coverage foundation. I swear by this foundation and have for three years. It looks flawless on the skin, isn't cakey, and covers blemishes. I suffer from broken blood vessels on the face and it covers them up perfectly. Lasts all day too and doesn't have a weird smell! Use a real techniques sponge to apply to the face or a foundation brush from real techniques.
Jaime M.
Lakewood, CO
I am a big fan of the coverage and the finish of this foundation but I cannot find a shade that matches me!!!! I am in love with the actual foundation so have bought it a few times to mix shades in the hope of it matching me because the product itself is amazing!!! Whenever new shades are put out I will be trying again
Yazmin A.
I loveeeee this foundation!!!!❤ this is the best foundation I had ever try, it has a very good coverage, and it stays all day long, I just simply love it, and I also love all the kat von d cosmetics, I will always recommend this product, because also is not that expensive.
Jazmin R.
Chicago
Full coverage and super wearable good amount goes way along and it does last super long it's vegan and I love it it covered up my hickeys and every imperfection I had I still have it but not a lot im sure once I have money I'll buy it again I'm the shade 58 medium light :)
Maya C.
Oakland, CA
I love this foundation! It's full coverage and great for covering acne. It turns for face into a blank slate so you're ready to create any sort of style without having to worry about sun spot, acne scars, etc. showing through. I would absolutely buy it again and recommend it to everyone. The color ranges are great too!
Aryanna J.
Schenectady , NY
the foundation is very full coverage which is very good about. I don't think it is good for people with combination skin, wrinkles or large pores. it is hard to apply and not very creamy. when I apply it is blotchy and cakey. I would not reccomend because it also seeps into pours and creases in the skin. I've talked to my friends a lot this product and they have said the same thing
Claudia G.
Joliet
Review for: Medium 54 Neutral more...
I love this brand so much. The foundation is full coverage and long lasting. Is also, high pigment Foundation. Also, it cheap and good than most high-end foundations. You only need like 1 or 2 pumps to cover your face. It can go with any type of skin, I was dry skin it works fine with me and I have my friend that have oily skin and also works perfectly fine. So, I will recommend this.
Shivangi K.
LOS ANGELES
Review for: 57 Medium-Warm Undertone more...
I will continue to buy this till the company continues to manufacture it. Full coverage, matte finish, long lasting, smooth looking, easy blend, natural looking. By far the only foundation that won my heart. Am almost over with it, Sephora here i come againKat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
Amanda M.
Jacksonville
Such a good foundation, very full coverage. It was my first high end foundation purchase and I love it! My first bottle has lasted me a long time, longer than any foundation I've had. Like I said it's very full coverage and is very long lasting. It covers up blemishes very well and is very matte.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.