Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19891)
Media (1911)
Meggan H.
Wheatland, MO
Gorgeous full matte coverage, I'm in the color 44 cool which matches my skin and neck perfectly, it's a pale color but it doesn't wash me out and still makes me feel like I get a glowy look. I have somewhat oily skin but it doesn't effect the foundation or make it cakey/flakey. I love this product and would recommend!
LeShae S.
Williamsburg, KY
Review for: 46 LIGHTS - COOL UNDERTONE more...
Picked this up at Sephora and unfortunately got the wrong shade, but that's the only bad thing I could say about it (and that's not the brand's fault, it's mine!). Super full coverage with a flawless finish. It does oxidize a little over time, so I would say go a shade lighter if you're worried about it becoming too dark. Beautiful shade range and I can't wait to go back and pick out the right one!
Mary-Kate B.
Minneapolis, MN
This is a great super super full coverage Foundation that's long lasting. But it is extremely full coverage and almost paint like which can be a turn-off for some people. If you don't use a primer of some type probably the primer made for it, it can kind of sink into your pores. But all in all this is an amazing full coverage long-lasting all day and matte finish Foundation.
Amanda C.
For the most part, this foundation is everything it claims to be.

Tattoo coverage - I tested the foundation on a tattoo located on my arm and it did cover it. Though it took about three to four applications of the foundation to cover the tattoo entirely. When I apply the foundation to my face, I really only need one application to get full coverage. It also covers blemishes and acne scars very well.

Long lasting - I haven’t worn the foundation for an entire 24 hours, so I can’t say if it does or doesn’t last that long. However, the longest amount of time that I have had it on was 16 hours, and it lasted very well the entire time. I’d say the last 3 or so hours, it was starting to get a bit dewy. But even then, it still looked nice.

Non transferable - There is a little bit of transfer, but not much. It really only happens when my skin starts to get oily, again after about six hours of wear.

Matte finish - It has a very lovely matte finish and makes your skin look flawless. It stays matte throughout the day (with the exception of the bit of shine after some hours).

Fragrance free - This foundation definitely has a smell to it, and unfortunately it’s not a very good one! It smells almost like paint, but it’s not super strong. I’ve gotten used to the smell so it doesn’t really bother me.

Absorbs oil - It definitely does absorb a lot of oil, and compared to other foundations I have used, I only notice some shine on my face after about six hours of wear. And even then, it is only a little bit of shine that can easily be blotted away without messing up the foundation.

Side notes:
Thick texture but feels light on your face, very pigmented for full coverage, blends very well, super cute bottle and packaging!

So overall, I love this foundation. It gives me great coverage and makes my face look flawless. I have received many compliments about how nice my skin looks and well, I have the foundation to thank for that! I can guarantee I will be using it every day. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a full coverage foundation that will last all day!
Anne O.
Radford, VA
Ohhhhh my goooooooood. I used to be such a MAC gal when it came to face makeup. But I ran out of my matchmaster and wanted to try something different, plus I had a Sephora coupon. Well I am convinced this is so much better and lasts like ALL DAY LONG. It's super high coverage but any spots that aren't covered, I just use a little concealer to cover and it's set.
Monica M.
This stuff is THICK, but it's got amazing coverage. It doesn't exactly feel heavy, but you can tell you have something on your face. For the price, it's a great value. I'm glad they have an expansive shade range. For me this is best applied with a kabuki brush, and little goes a LONG way. When using this foundation I seldom need to conceal as this totally blanks me out. It's amazing. I would repurchase.
Erin P.
North Andover, MA
Absolutely love and swear by this foundation. I own multiple colors and has a great formula. The finish is dewy, but it works great on my combination skin. I cannot think of a single con for this product, and I would most definitely recommend to someone looking to have a flawless airbrushed makeup look.
Emily C.
Review for: 42 LIGHT - NEUTRAL UNDERTONE more...
I liked this foundation, however I have a few issues with it. The cons are it’s very thick and heavy on the skin. It was also hard to find my shade and I had to mix it with another kind of foundation to get it right. The pros are it’s very full coverage. But since trying it a few years ago I’ve found other foundations I like better. I may eventually buy this again to test it out again, but not right now.
Laurel C.
Wow, y'all. I love this stuff. FINALLY a foundation light enough for my uber pale skin. I get a matte finish with this and great coverage! Staying power is top notch. I like to wear this with a illuminating primer to bring a little more life to this- especially since, having to wear the lightest shade, I can kind of look a little ghostly.
Madie T.
Boise, ID
This product has its ups and downs. The coverage is insane of this, it hides nearly all flaws. Also this is the easiest foundation to blend. But, the smell is horrible, it smells like floral paint which i am not necessarily crazy about. But, this is a high end foundation for around 30$ which is an insane deal compared to the too faced conceler
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.