Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty ble...182 Answers
Media (1944)
Jessica A.
Jenks, OK
Well... this foundation is NOT meant for dry skin. I looked super crazy with this on and it looked like cake. I love Kat Von D and everything she comes out with. But even with a moisturizing primer it still looked terrible. I would recommend to people with normal to oily skin but if you have dry skin look for something else that's full coverage. This foundation offers super full coverage but please people with dry skin beware!
Caira A.
Yorkville, IL
Review for: 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE more...
I was kind of disappointed that KVD promotes this as it being able to cover tattoos. I got a sample of it and I was glad it was just a sample because the sales woman at Sephora said she highly recommended it for tattoo cover up but it didn't cover much more than any other regular foundation
Emily R.
Bakersfield, CA
Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation is a pretty good foundation if you have the correct tools to use. If you by the 39$ foundation I recommend you get a Kat Von D foundation brush or a different high end makeup tool to apply it with! With an off brand beauty blended the foundation will seem cakey, and it'll oxidize. But I can say that the foundation covers up every blemish, imperfection, of discoloration! You don't even need to us a concealer beforehand, it's that pigmented.
Courtney S.
Santa Ana, CA
Kat nailed this foundation! 🙌🏻 The Lock-It Tattoo foundation is a full coverage dream! I used to work for a very popular, very famous amusement park and I had to cover up my tattoos and this was the only thing I could find that would do just that! It’s amazing how much it covers, and a little goes a long way! I would recommend thoroughly setting it with powder so that it lasts longer and dries faster so it doesn’t smear.
Alyssa M.
St Augustine, FL
I used this foundation when I competed in pageants, it is long-wearing, full-coverage, and has a lovely, velvety matte finish. It does not budge, and goes on smoothly and evenly. I top it with Make Up Forever HD Powder and spray it with Ben Nye final seal and it stays put under stage lights.
Jade B.
Louisville
This is a very full coverage foundation that will stay on for a very long time. This foundation is great for going out to parties at night and I loved it for that reason. I personally have oily/combination skin and from what I remember from this foundation it worked out well for my skin and didn't get too oily throughout the day. This foundation is very full coverage and I personally would not wear on a daily base, but definitely for going out and having a night out to town!
Rosie N.
I'm not sure if this is my shade now but a few years ago I used this foundation up and I'll be repurchasing soon. I love it, & it does last you a long time because you only need one pump or two and that'll cover your entire face perfectly. It is full coverage but it's not very heavy which I like. It also doesn't give the look of it sitting o top of your face like a mask it blends beautifully into the skin.
Kayla L.
baton rouge, LA
This foundation is amazing because of its heavy coverage, but it isn't something I liked to use every day. I loved that it didn't become oily on my face (as I have very oily skin. I have only found one other foundation that oil didn't seep through after long wear). I did not like that this foundation is the same smell and texture as acrylic paint. However, it is advertised as heavy coverage, and it most definitely that. Great for events/photos, not so much daily wear for me.
Samantha C.
I wanted to give this foundation 5 stars because the coverage is beautiful, but I can't due to the fact that as your skin becomes oily, this foundation starts to become extremely cakey, particularly around my nose and on my cheeks. However, for short term special occasions, it really does make your skin look great.
Gessel A.
This is my ride or die foundation! I always go back to it even after trying other ones. I think the product is amazing and gives me the full coverage and matte finish that I need. I love the shade range and the packaging is absolutely gorgeous. You also get a lot of product for only $35 which is cheap considering this is considered a high end brand.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Carisa H.
Evansville, IN
Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperpigmentation?
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?

Amazon