Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19890)
Media (1911)
Kaylee R.
Spanaway, WA
Review for: 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE more...
Full coverage. Matte. Long lasting! & Overall beautiful. I use the shade 44 Light and I have oily skin. However after about 8 hours of wear, I find creasing under my eyes, forehead and around my mouth. Also, the claim that the foundation is "transfer proof" is completely false. I get this foundation all over, which totally sucks. & One quick note.. the pump.. is absolutely amazing. It's nice to see when you're running out- and also allows you to use all but the last couple of drops!
Kelsey S.
Not worth the price tag, but worth the hype.

Amazing coverage, and a little goes a VERY long way. I love that this product line is a vegan and cruelty free!

I don't care for the smell--almost paint like. Works great for long lasting coverage on combination/oily skin and the variety of warm and cool tones is great as well. Matte finish and full coverage.

Comparable to Revlon's Colorstay foundation; if you're looking for a cheaper alternative that works just as well, go with Revlon.
Sarah R.
Oklahoma City, OK
If you want #fullcoverage, this is it! I did find this foundation to be drying and cakey on my skin. Dries very quickly when you apply so you have to be fast. It might have been better if I added some oil to it but by itself I found it to be too cakey and drying for my skin. I am 38 so maybe this would work on younger skin but its just not for me.
Mariana A.
Hollywood, FL
Let's get right to the point. This feels like paint on my face. It is the fullest of coverage probably the fullest coverage foundation I have ever tried, but it feels pretty heavy on the skin. You will know you are wearing it. I got a sample of it from Sephora and decided to not buy the foundation. It is great don't get me wrong it is super full coverage and makes your skin look flawless, but it isn't for me since I'm not a full coverage kind of girl that's why I'm still giving it 4 stars, it itself is good.
Lily W.
Barboursville
When you first purchase and apply this foundation you will love it. It doesn't look cakey, apply patchy, or dry down odd. Midway through the foundation the formula changed. It applied patchy and suddenly it didn't mix well with my concealer. It dried down looking like coagulated. It looked extremely cakey and creased badly. It got very oily quick.
Hunter W.
This is my absolute favorite foundation. It is full coverage, long lasting, and comes in a large variety of shades. I have oily skin and use Milk of Magnasea in my T-.zome before applying but the foundation doesn't transfer or anything despite that. This even makes color correcting less necessary due to the coverage. Holy grail of mine for sure!
Carly J H.
Sand Lake, MI
Amazing. The coverage is insane and will stay on your skin for literally 24 hours. It has a super nice matte finish. I apply mine with a beauty blender. While I don't need the coverage I still prefer it just because the formula is so nice. I actually have dry skin and somehow this formula gives me moisture. It's amazing for all skin types. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice foundation.
Dawn F.
Bullhead City, AZ
I was nervous trying this foundation because I have dry flaky skin with redness issues. This lock it tattoo foundation really made my skin look normal and lasted 8 hours ( I haven't tested it longer than that.) it doesn't show uneven skin texture or enlarged pores. I am fair but it matched me perfectly in the light 44 shade. It looks matte on my dry skin and was long lasting when I forgot to put primer on first. I highly recommend this foundation! I love Kat Von D products!
Chelsea M.
This is the first foundation I have found that has a shade light enough to match my face. I'm Irish and very fair, and most brands are far too dark for my pale skin. Kat knows the struggle is pale girls go through because she is very fair herself and has the perfect shade for my face. It's full coverage and lasts all day with a setting powder and I love it! The only thing is it can start to look a little cakey or as if it's melting if you're overheated and sweat without touching up with powder or clotting papers, but other than that, I love this foundation more than anything else I've ever tried. Thanks Kat Von D for a great product!
Christina M.
The colors tend to be to yellow but the coverage is great. I'd give a 4-5 star but after 2 months or so the easy to apply foundation became stiff. It dries up on my face supper quick now and it's hard to cover my whole face with the little dab I used to use when it was new. I'd see this coming from a foundation that I could have accidentally left open but this is a pump out foundation so I don't get it.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.