Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperp...66 Answers
  • What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty ble...182 Answers
Media (1970)
Morgan N.
I'm in love with this foundation. I bought it the other day because I have heard good things about it and I was not disappointed! This is a very FULL coverage foundation. It lasted me through an insane workout. You need very little product for it cover. If you use too much it can look cakey. This is the first foundation that I have found in a shade that matches me so well. This is my new holy grail foundation. Worth the money!
Courtney L.
Murfreesboro, TN
This foundation is NOT for me. Having said that, I can see why others like it. It was heavy and cakey and patchy but for someone with very young oily skin who doesn't mind a heavy foundation, I can see the allure.

However I will say this, if you have mature skin, skip this one. I know your daughter and her friends love it but I promise it will sink into every line and highlight every imperfection. I can't tell you how many times I warned people with mature skin against this and they bought it anyway and ended up returning it days later.
Jacie G.
Omaha, NE
I really like this foundation but only for the winter. It is very very thick and gives full coverage so you do not want to sweat wearing this or else it starts to look all weird. My only other thing is the fact that it kind of smells like paint, its not a horrible smell but its not a great smell either. I would recommend this to someone who isnt in the heat all the time or isnt very active.
Erin H.
Milwaukee, WI
I am incredibly pale and have a really hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin tone. This one is perfect for me in the winter months, and it mixes well with other foundations for the summer months. It is a pretty heavy foundation, so if you are looking for something light weight, this isn't it, but like I said, you can mix it with other foundations to get your perfect color or lighten up the consistency. Also, moisturizing or using a primer before hand can help. Covers up every blemish, and works great for pale people!
Bee H.
Brown Deer, WI
This product is definitely 100% coverage. A little goes a long way and if you don't apply in layers it can get cakey very fast. I have the shade light 45 its a bit light for my skin tone so I tend to mix in a different foundation to get my skin tone. The coverage is amazing but it does crease up around my T-zone. I love the coverage this foundation gives me. Would repurchase a second time.
Bertha H.
This is currently my favorite foundation! This is on of those foundations that you have to apply in sections because it does tend to dry quickly. It has a slightly odd paint scent to it but it doesn't even bother me now because the quality of this foundation is so great. This product is truly full coverage without being cakey and I've gotten so many compliments of how smooth my skin looks when I where this. I'll definitely continue using this foundation!
Riri M.
Hope Mills, NC
Shade "Light 48 Neutral"
Another phenomenal #kvd product! My holy grail in the Summer time with our super muggy weather and modeling outdoors! Bullet proof and flawless coverage. Tip: for extra dry skin like mine, add a couple drops of argan oil or FX oil drops to it( I apply from the back of my hand) ... It helps it blend seamlessly and not "set" too fast 💛
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation [product:kat-von-d-lock-it-concealer-crème]
Sejla R.
Omaha, NE
Review for: 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE more...
This is an amazing foundation it is very full coverage but it is also very drying! I would suggest using the Estée Lauder foundation all over and where you need extra coverage such as on acne or places where your foundation tends to sweat off or on your pores to put the kat von d foundation as the second layer it would provide beyond full proof coverage but will not look cakey!!!
Michelle C.
Fredericksbrg, VA
This foundation is shockingly amazing! I have dry skin and was hesitant buying it for this reason, and honestly it still works amazing!! It is very heavy so I do tend to sheer it out because I just wanted the full coverage but I am not a fan of the feel of full coverage foundation. For such a thick consistency it is one of the best foundations for my skin! As long as I keep my skin moisturized and use a good primer it doesn't get cakey or look flakey on my dry patches! My only complaint is that it is so heavy I am afraid it will cause break outs but I've been wearing it for weeks now with no issue!
Hannah M.
Berwick, LA
Review for: Other more...
I like this foundation. It spreads and blends easily. I do find that it is highly pigmented. Sephora didn't correctly color match me so it's a little dark on me but I'm still able to use less product and blend it out to where it doesn't look too dark and I still have coverage. I love the bottle design that lets you see how much you have left. I don't think this foundation meets my hopes and dreams for lasting on my face ALL day in the heat and humidity of where I live, but it still lasts longer than other foundations I've tried.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Carisa H.
Evansville, IN
Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperpigmentation?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?

Amazon