Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• Does this stay on long enough or does it fade away thru o...9 Answers
Reviews (19888)
Media (1911)
Mandy P.
I know some people love this product, but here's why I was slightly disappointed: for my job, I need a full coverage foundation. This foundation is EXACTLY that, but when I tried it, it was heavy and settled into my pores and lines. It sort of made me look older than I am because of the way it settled on my skin, and I desperately wanted to like it but it didn't work on my skin at all. That being said, I know several girls who love this foundation and would swear by it. So, I'd recommend trying a sample. It all depends on your skin and what kind of foundation you're looking for.
Lori B.
Phoenix, AZ
At first I couldn't get this foundation to work for me, but w/ a really damp beauty sponge and time working the foundation on in light layers, it turns out AMAZING on me. I have melasma and hyperpigmentation so I know a true full coverage foundation when I use one. I am considering a re-purchase of this one. DON'T USE TOO MUCH or it WILL cake and SETTLE. I think it's meant for 2 light layers, a 3rd just for spot treatments if necessary.
Macey C.
Republic, OH
Review for: 56 Medium-Neutral Undertone more...
This foundation stays on! I adore the matte finish since I have really oily skin. After hours later you still have that matte finish. It's full coverage, and I like covering up the discoloration from post acne marks but it's pretty thick. I actually don't mind that at all. I find that if you blend with a beauty sponge the finish is more flawless. Definitely will repurchase
Daisy R.
LOS ANGELES, CA
I really wanted to buy this product so i did, yesterday i went to Sephora and i asked an associate if they can match me with this foundation, at first i didn't notice a difference but after she put it all over my face and i let it set in a bit i can see the most huge difference. You cannot what so ever see my dark under eyes, my redness, or any pimples i had. I used about a little pump and it covered half of my face, and i already knew that this foundation was worth the money and i didn't have to use a whole lot of foundation to get the full coverage that i want. I am so glad that i bought this foundation!!!!!
Salem C.
Santa Barbara, CA
This is my all time favourite foundation. This exceeds my expectations for full coverage. Personally I have very oily and acne-prone skin and this covers every spot, redness, and stays on throughout the day. If you have dry skin, I'd recommend cutting it with some moisturizer prior to putting it on, and it will still be full coverage. I'd advised using a beauty blender with this product as it will go on more evenly. Kat Von D Tattoo LinerToo Faced Better Than Sex MascaraKat Von D Shade + Light Crème Contour PaletteKat Von D Lock-It Concealer CrèmeKat Von D Lock-it Powder Foundation
Sandy T.
Atwater, CA
Review for: Light 48 more...
When I first purchased this foundation I had so much high hopes for it. I was expecting it to be soo good just like everyone mentioned. It covered pretty good just like everyone said, full coverage. However, When I first tried it I felt like it was very heavy on me. I stopped using it for a few months but picked it back up again recently to give it another try. Now I love this foundation. I use a beauty blender to apply and it works great. It is full coverage and I don't feel it as heavy as I did before. Definitely glad I gave it another try and will need to repurchase pretty soon.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE more...
This is one of the first high end foundations I ever tried, and in general, it performed well.

When they say high coverage, they aren't kidding. This is NEXT LEVEL coverage, and it is ULTRA MATTE. I'm verrrry oily, and it mattified me like crazy - for this reason, I can't imagine it would be great on dry skin. It's a very thick formula, and you have to work quickly with it because it dries down very fast. After application, my skin looks virtually flawless.

The shade range is great, and you get a lot of product in one bottle. Overall, I would definitely repurchase and recommend to others.
Marissa G.
Pennsburg, PA
First off, I loved the packaging that this foundation came in, it was beautiful. The coverage is pretty high, and the application is easy. This is the first high-end foundation I've gotten, and I have to say I'm impressed. The only problem is that when I tested it at the store it matched my skin tone, but when I bought the same exact shade it was too light on me. That could just be because of a mix-up in the store, however.
Janna F.
Review for: Light 44 more...
This foundation did nothing for me. It initially covered okay, but the thickness of the foundation made it a bit harder to be able to blend out with a brush or beauty blender. I set it with a powder as I normally would all of my liquid foundations. Throughout the day I noticed it separating and breaking up in little areas all over my face. My foundation was almost completely gone from my nose. I was at work and everyone thought something was wrong with me. I was horrified. I wanted to go wash my face off so bad. It looked so bad only a few hours in that I'd rather go bare faced.
Mi'ckala W.
Tampa, FL
I did not have high hopes for this product, however I had quite a few samples that I threw in my travel makeup bag. (I don't like to lug around full-size makeup products when I travel.) My skin is dry, a bit sensitive at times, and very red in the cheek area. The redness was covered with a very minimal amount. I wore this vacationing in Belize all day, sweating non-stop, and it really did stay all day "locked in." The only reason I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is some of the shades names are misleading compared to when you swatch them and I am not a fan of the scent.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.