Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19887)
Media (1911)
April B.
Bristol, TN
Review for: 45 LIGHT - WARM UNDERTONE more...
This foundation did not work for me, I’m sad to say :( . I do think if you don’t have super dry skin like I do this foundation will probably get the job done!! It’s very full coverage, and a little goes a long way!! My negative is that it fell off of certain parts of my face as well as I purchased the wrong color !! The price for what you get is fair kinda on the expensive side .... would recommend to anyone who has oily skin
Carly P.
San Antonio , TX
So I bought this for my boss because I was teaching her about makeup, and felt like she would enjoy Kat von d brand because she has tattoos and matches the overall brand. I heard great things about the tattoo foundation, but I bought this for her instead because I didn't want to get the tattoo foundation for her and she think I was implying she needs to cover her tattoos. Well, next day she comes in and the foundation is sitting in her acne scars, looks cakey, and was making her itch. Granted, she probably didn't use a primer, but I looked bad and ended up recommending a foundation from a brand I trusted.
Breigh M.
Lafayette, LA
Review for: Light 48 more...
If you are wanting to hide freckles, blemishes, redness, or a murder this is definitely the foundation for you. I love this foundation when my skin is at it's best and hydrated, but when it is dry I cannot use this.

The cons to this foundation is that it is incredibly heavy feeling. It is unable to be mixed to make a custom shade because it is so thick. So, your skin has to match one of the shades to wear it. It sticks to dry patches, so your skin has to be very moisturized for it to look good.

The pros is that it will make your skin look flawless and babylike.
Hillary L.
S Burlington, VT
I know people love this foundation but I don't think it's as good as I was expecting. I bought it in hopes to replace my Estée Lauder double wear but so far I'm just not that impressed . It's definitely thick and the best way to apply it is by a sponge so that it blends more easily. However during the summer when I would sweat it just turned into a nightmare and I ended up just washing it all off to avoid further embarrassment .
Catherine C.
Panama City, FL
The jury is still out on this one for me. I've only tried it recently and I don't think i've quite figured it out yet. I was looking for a more full-coverage foundation, and this was recommended to me. I have very dry skin so, after a few hours of wear, it felt tight on my skin. It never looked cakey or dry, so I stuck with it. But I think my issue was not using all KVD products together. I was using other makeup brand products for concealer, moisturizer, powder, etc. I think I need to invest in the KVD finishing powder and that should solve my issue. To be continued!
Morgan J.
I have acne scarring and a lot of redness in my skin so I love this foundation. It has such high coverage and barely requires any product so the bottle lasts forever. I normally run out of foundation super quickly but I've had this bottle for many months and still have it. I only rated it 4 stars instead of 5 because I feel like it can become cakey very quickly if you are not careful with it.
Rebecca B.
This a good foundation with a great color range. It's a full coverage foundation and will cover any scars or pimples you night have. This foundation leaves your skin with a matte finish I have used half of my bottle and will buy when it runs out. My only down side is the foundation is kinda drying and I have dry skin and found I have to spary to keep my skin from looking flaky and dryed out. Other then that this is a very good foundation and would definitely recommend it to anybody looking for a good foundation.
Leslie W.
Reading
Review for: Deep 72 more...
I had to revisit this foundation becasue of a recommendation from a Sephora consultant. This foundation is extremely full coverage but you have sheer it out if need be, basically a little goes a long way. I love the finish is gives my skin. I suffer from hyperpigmenation and I used to use concealer and then foundation, but now I can completely skip that step with this product! AMAZZING coverage! If you like full coverage foundation this is the product for you.
Crystal R.
Pomona, CA
My color was medium 53 i like the foundation but not totally in love with it i wish it was less thick because it is really hard to blend out and because of that you ended up putting a whole lot on your face which would eventually make it cakey and not cute but i had already gotten it and its expensive so what i did is i mixed it with a face moisterizer to help it blend better the coverege would go down to a medium but u were always able to add on some more to make it full coverage also it was the first high end foundation i had ever gotten but still found it difficult to manage
Mandy P.
I know some people love this product, but here's why I was slightly disappointed: for my job, I need a full coverage foundation. This foundation is EXACTLY that, but when I tried it, it was heavy and settled into my pores and lines. It sort of made me look older than I am because of the way it settled on my skin, and I desperately wanted to like it but it didn't work on my skin at all. That being said, I know several girls who love this foundation and would swear by it. So, I'd recommend trying a sample. It all depends on your skin and what kind of foundation you're looking for.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.