Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19891)
Media (1911)
Shannon 😇.
Fort Campbell
Review for: Light 41 Neutral, Light 45 Neutral, 42 LIGHT - NEUTRAL UNDERTONE more...
I have been using this product for a year now and I absolutely hate it. Every single time I use the foundation it always just rubs right off of my nose and chin area even if I don't touch it. I am not sure if anyone else has had this issue but every time I wear it my face gets so unbelievably itchy, this has never happened with any other foundation I have ever tried. This foundation is supposed to be long lasting and for me I can't even finish applying the rest of my makeup before half of it has come off. I would not recommend this to someone with oily or combination skin types unless you have an amazing setting powder. If you are just learning how to do your makeup I wouldn't recommend this to you either it is very hard to blend out perfectly and unless your skin tone is exactly the shade of the product itself it will not be a match for you. I have fairly light skin and whenever I use any of the light shades it makes me look extremely pale, almost sickly.
Avi c.
united states
These foundation its WoW amazing!!! Amo los productos de kat von d esta base es el primer producto que abtube de su marca y desde hace años no la cabio, tiene una exelente cobertura total!! Yo tengo acne embeces y muchas manchitas y esta base me las cubre muy bien entre mas aplicas mas alta es la cobertura pero cuidado por que embeces si se notan bastante las lineas de exprecion, el empaque es muy lindo y original y el precio aproximado donde yo vivo es $35 dolares la puedes conseguir en tiendas como sephora en persona o en internet tambien en la pagina de kat vond beauty.com y de echo si la compra ahi muchas beces tiene algo gratis de muestra. La base es fantastica para algun evento especial o cualkier ocasion depende si te gusta alta covertura o no tambien la puedes mixtear con un pokito de hidratante de tu gusto si prefieres menos cobertura. Uuff casi ago libro lol.. ps. Lla x ultimo yo prefiero aplicarla con beauty blender para una aplicasion mas (natural)
Charlotte P.
Redondo Beach
Review for: 52 Medium - Warm Undertone more...
I started using this product since I was about 21, which was 2015. I loved this product, and I still do to this day. It covers up all the dullness in my skin because I have dark undercircles and it covers that up. I like it as well, because I have a little bit of redness in my cheeks and it gives me a great cover finish. It is very good for combination skin types. I would definitely buy it again. I love everything Kat Von D makes and she is wonderful with her product line. I'm so happy to know that it even covers tattoos. I love it very much. Overall, I would recommend this product. wet n wild Photo Focus Natural Finish Setting Spray
Maci P.
Atoka
Review for: Medium 54 Neutral more...
I wanted SO badly for this foundation to work for me. My very first high end foundation.
It just was not the foundation for me.
I would have rated it a 2, but it is a great FULL coverage foundation. Just NOT for DRY SKIN.
1st of all, I bought online so I ended up ordering a shade incredibly too dark for me.
I drove an hour to our closest Sephora store to return it and get help from a consultant to find the right shade for me.
First question from her "Are you really SET on KVD? It's a very heavy foundation and you do not look like you need something that heavy. And it is a matte finish, Which is the main reason it is sticking to your dry skin"
She set me up with another, lightweight, coconut oil infused, medium-full coverage foundation and WOW. The difference in the two is insane!
For dry skin, I'd rate the foundation a 1-2. Try something different!
For regular-oily skin.. 3-4. Give it a try!
Photo is with the KVD foundation on.. Just did not work for me and my dry skin. Can't tell in photo but I have orange dry skin spots ALL over my face. As u can tell, it is not the right color for me by comparing my face color to my chest. 😳
Heather Pauline k.
denver
Review for: 45 LIGHT - WARM UNDERTONE more...
FINISH: Dries down to a matte, powdery finish. Can get patchy throughout the day. Recommend using a makeup finishing spray to keep makeup from getting patchy and cracking. APPLICATION: A little tricky because texture of the foundation is quite thick and dry. Recommend using a damp foundation brush and moisturizing face well. FEEL: Does not feel heavy at all, despite amazing coverage. COVERAGE: OMG! The best in a bottle I've ever come across. Very, very full coverage. Can also be used as a concealer. Covers everything, like acne and pigmentation. LASTING POWER: Lasts all day, but can get patchy and settle in lines. SKIN TYPE: All skin types except dry. Pretty good oil control. COLOR MATCH: Not the best, but fair selection of colors. Shades run light. I got Medium 52, which is just a tad light for my light-medium yellow skin. For reference, I am Soft Sand 127 in MUFE HD, Light Beige 203 in MUFE Duo Mat, Golden Medium in Bare Minerals, Golden Neutral in Clinique.
Nicole A.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
I bought 2 different shade planning to return the one that fit me less but I ended up keeping them both. They will seriously last you forever and are deff worth their price. It is full coverage so if that's what ur looking for and have never tried this then I would really recommend it and I have to many! Some find its heavy but I don't think it's that heavy. It's not cakey on me neither but I can't speak for others. Many shades to choose from and I was sold on this after the lady at seohora color matched me with the handheld device. I wasn't sold on the price but I really needed to try other foundations besides drug store brands and bare minerals (I was starting to hate it, too cakey) but anyways like I said I kept both shade and that was literally over 2 Yeats ago and I still have alot left! It pays for itself! All the KVD products I've used are well worth the money and are long lasting and amazing amazing amazing products. Also the shade n light pallete was the very first high end pallete I have ever bought (few years ago) and I still have never hit a pan yet! Love KVD! Also her eyeliner is to die for it was the very first KVD product I ever used (trooper) and bought (and I have bought MANY since then) next time I go to sephora I want to buy the brown one and see what that one's about. Her liquid lipsticks are to die for aswell! Bomb!
Jacqueline R.
Brownsville, TX
Review for: Medium 65 Warm more...
At first I wasn't too sold when I got matched because of the price but after trying other full coverage foundations in the market I had to go back for mine.  My skin is a combination of oily and not so dry if that makes sense so I thought this would make me look cakey in the t zone.  I was so wrong!!! I love this foundation its definitely full coverage.  But it's so good that you can play with it for example if you don't want that really full coverage but enough to cover a good amount of imperfections or discoloration or simply if you want to go a little natural for the day, you can!!! All you have to do is mix it with your face primer and you're done!!! But if you want that full coverage this is your best friend all you really need is about two pumps and done! Definitely worth the price and you get your moneys worth because it last so long (bottle wise but also on your face wise)
Sierra C.
Morgantown
I have combination skin, large pores and a little acne. Unfortunately, I wouldn't buy this product again. It is definitely not matte, I have to use so much setting powder to get it to dry down. It transfers really bad. It settled in the fine lines under my eyes and in my laugh lines. I'm only 20 years old and I don't smile much. I just don't think it's worth the price. It also made my pores look even worse when I put it on. I could probably invest in a better primer, but if I'm paying over $30 for a foundation, I don't expect to also have to pay over $30 for a primer in order for it to look good. I haven't had any of these problems with the foundations I've used previously, which leads me to believe this foundation is the problem. I'm giving it 1 star because it matched my skin tone really well and the coverage was decent. I have textured skin because my acne used to be worse than it is now and I still have some break outs currently. And large pores on my cheeks. This foundation honestly made it look worse as far as texture, although it did cover up all of my redness and dark circles. I guess if you already have smooth skin and small pores, this product would work for you. I've been using it for a couple weeks now. I've applied it with a beauty blender, I've tried it with a stipple brush. The beauty blender was definitely better. But all around just can't seem to find anyway to actually enjoy wearing it. Like I said, I'm still giving it 1 star for the shade matching me really well and the coverage being decent. I am sure this product is amazing for some people. It just didn't work out for me.
Jaclyn C.
Review for: 47 Light - Neutral Undertone more...
Oh gosh, I really wanted to like this but I just didn't. I got a sample of this after reading all the positive reviews about it online. I love KVD products. The liquid lipsticks are my favorite and the packaging just really clicks with me and I had such high hopes for this foundation. Unfortunately it just didn't work for me.
Applying the foundation, I liked the formula. It applied well, not streaky, and it definitely is full coverage. However the color was slightly yellow on me and it only got worse as the day went on. It settles down to a matte finish which I was looking for, but it settled onto all my dry patches, pores, and lines I didn't even know I had on my face. Once it settled the coverage looked really patchy.
I know that for some people this is THE foundation, but it just did not work on my skin. At all.
Tee M.
Honolulu, HI
Review for: 54 Medium - Cool Undertone more...
Don’t get me wrong, I used to use this foundation ALL THE TIME. But after I found the Maybelline Fit Me I moved onto that. Reason why I pulled myself away from this foundation is because the price for one, it’s $35 for this bottle. And that’s kind of pricey for me. Another thing is, I never really paid attention to how this foundation made my face REALLLLLLLY oily after only a few hours. I already have oily skin but this foundation makes my face look like a pan with oil on it. Another thing is that I never realized how streaky this foundation would apply onto the skin. And it dries up so quick and sticks to skin quickly when applying. I honestly would give this ONE star but then again it WAS my favorite foundation before, so I give it that.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.