Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• Does this stay on long enough or does it fade away thru o...9 Answers
Reviews (19908)
Media (1915)
Alejandra P.
I bought this for this first time a little over a year ago at Sephora in Times Square. I automatically fell in love. I have VERY oily skin, so oily it's to the point my makeup literally just slides off my face within four hours. This doesn't last the fully claimed 24 hours, but I would say it lasts around 16. I also have suffered from severe acne for years, and this not only covered my acne and acne scars beautifully, I honestly do believe it has calmed my acne down a TON. It has a very pretty matte finish, and I do NOT go out in public without at least foundation and powder on and just one bottle of this lasts me 6 months. I will never even consider switching foundations ever again.
Liz D.
Ronkonkoma, NY
Review for: Light 45 more...
This foundation is really high coverage which for the winter months I really like and thats when I was using it most. A little goes such a long way and the shade range is so wide. This was one of the first foundations I ever used that actually matched my skin pretty much exactly. The one thing I didnt like about it was that even though my skin is really oily it surprisingly dried my skin a bit and looked too matte at times, but I solved this problem by adding a tiny drop of rose oil to it on my hand before applying and it a little go longer and it also kept my skin nice and moisturized throughout the day wearing it.
Brittany B.
Indianapolis, IN
I have tried countless high end and drug store foundations but my love for Kat Von D made me buy this the moment it came out. It was advertised as a foundation so full coverage that it could cover tattoos, and it did not disappoint. I am someone who is on a never ending search for the most full coverage foundation possible and when this came out it changed the foundation game entirely. I myself have a large color tattoo on my face and whenever I need to cover it up, or even just cover a blemish, this remains my go-to foundation.
Carmen M.
Bowling Green, OH
Review for: Medium 52 more...
BEST FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN! I'm so amazed at how well this foundation works! I have always struggled with finding a product that doesn't separate or come off with all the oils in my skin, but this product combats that problem with ease. I use this product daily with a beauty blender, and the finish is beautiful on the skin. Simply impressed with all of Kat's products, and this is by far one of my favorites of hers.
Ashley M.
Review for: Light 44 more...
I bought this foundation at Sephora about a year ago and I applied it asap. The coverage is very full which is the main reason I bought this foundation. It has a little bit of a funky smell but its just something that you just gotta get used to. The reason why this product is not 5 stars is because it separated all through out my t-zone and gets patchy:( I really wish it didn't because if not, this for sure would be my holy grail for its full coverage!
Ashten N.
Webster, Tx
This was my first high end foundation. The lady explained to my mom and I how much she loves it but it does make her break out badly. We don't break out easily so we weren't worried about that. They share matched me wayyy too light. It's very thick. Has great coverage. But I could just feel that I was wearing makeup. And it felt so heavy and cakey. It never made me break out, but I liked it more as concealer that for foundation. It looked too cakey to me.
Alice D.
Cary, NC
KVD's lock it foundation is a wonderful foundation. The shade range is amazing and the foundation does not oxidize or budge. I do find that I do have to work quickly since it does set quicker than some of my other foundations but dries to a very nice matte finish. It does not settle in my pores or crease on my forehead or nose, I do make sure that I moisturize and prime my 40ish skin large poor dry skin before putting on the foundation. And I set my makeup with with a setting spray and gently pat with a beauty sponge to help the product look like I have flawless skin. It's is worth the extra time because this is my go to foundation when I know I have a life no day ahead of me.
Abigail F.
Bryan, TX
Ali H.
Placerville, CA
I have always used drugstore foundation and have been content with them. Lately I've been wanting to try a high end one and this one appealed to me the most even though I read a lot of mixed reviews...but I have to say I love it!!! I have oily skin some day and dry others and this one works good either way! It is a little thick but it applies well with a wet beauty blender! And a little goes a long way which makes the price a little more bearable! Definitely recommend this product to others!
Megan B.
Puyallup, WA
Review for: Light 45 more...
I am so happy with this product! First off, the packaging is unlike ANYTHING in my makeup collection, and that alone is a huge plus. It stands out and will be something that I grab constantly. The bottle is not paper thin, and I feel like it would hold up just fine if dropped.

The product itself is SO amazing! A little truly goes a long way and offers a beautiful full coverage while appearing SO natural. It almost does not look like you are wearing foundation. It feels so nice on the skin without feeling heavy or sticky.

I have been looking for a foundation for a while that leaves me blown away, and I think I just found it.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.