Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19885)
Media (1909)
Sarah C.
Salinas, CA
I have heard so many good things about this foundation but I'm someone who doesn't like to commit to buying something unless ive tried a sample of it myself. I got a sample of this along with the feather weight primer that goes with it as a sample from Sephora. 1. I could not believe that it comes in my shade.. like my exact shade. exact okay.. its crazy. and 2.. holy crap! full coverage! and its sooo nice I could cry! just ordered a full bottle from Sephora! cant wait to use it!!
Jackie M.
Review for: Medium 52 more...
Oh boy i love kat von d stuff but this foundation killed my skin. I suffered really bad from dry, flaky, peeling skin. My forehead was red and i tried facial wash and id wake up with intact skin but once i would apply the cycle would begin again. Really great coverage and its heavyweight which am not a fan. I wouldn't recommend at all for eczema or skin that needs hydration. I loved the coverage and made my skin look airbrushed. Id like to try it in this heat since my skin gets oily
Lauren M.
Birmingham, AL
Review for: Light 43 Warm, Medium 52 Neutral more...
So a lot of people say that since this is a very thick and high coverage foundation that it turns very cakey after a little bit. I would agree... If you use a brush. The key to this foundation is to use a moist sponge/beauty blender because it helps make the foundation a little more breathable and natural looking. With the beauty blender, the foundation still provides full coverage but lighter feel.I love the updated packaging and that you always know how much product you have left because it pushes it up. This product has lasted me a lifetime and I have it in multiple shades for winter and summer. Would certainly recommend for a glam look!
Cristina S.
Lynwood , CA
It's a good product if you're looking for full coverage.

Pros: FULL COVERAGE WITH NO NEED TO PUT ON CONCEALER GIRL!

Cons: Not meant for dry skin, it breaks throughout the day. Makes your face seem more cakey and it smells weird.

It's definitely long lasting for some people that I've seen use this product, but it wasn't for me.

If you buy this you're look for a heavy foundation, to cover up all those imperfections.

I love her brand, but I will not be purchasing this foundation again, because it's not meant for my skin.
JK K.
As one of the pale people, it can be hard to locate a solid skin-tone match that also offers what I want in a foundation. The Kat Von D Lock-It has 32 (32!) shade options from which to choose. Not only that but it delivers an excellent cream-texture feel that gives a damn near flawless base on which to build. It also lasts a long time with only the occasional need for touch up -- but that can vary person to person depending on "look" preference. I depended on Lock-It while running an all day event that involved press, the public, and volunteer crews . . . and it delivered. If you're debating whether to give this product a try -- do it!
Gianna M.
I've had a sample of this product but I used all of it to test it out. I love their color range because I'm super pale, but I still have a neutral warm undertone. The foundation doesn't oxidize on me which is nice. I don't love it tho because it is very thick and can become cakey pretty quick. I personally don't like that but I know some people don't mind that. It is really fully coverage tho, and you don't need to use a lot of foundation. I used a brush to apply it. You can buy this at Sephora for $45
Michelle L.
Blue Island , IL
I have wanted a full coverage foundation for a long time now and this is it! It's super thick and doesn't settle in at all. It covers up the bags under my eyes and acne VERY well. One thing though; there NEEDS to be swatches on the site. I orderd one bottel and it was WAY too light, so I bought another and it was WAY too dark. At that point, I gave up and asked the people on here what shade I should get and they told me. I gave the dark one to my mom as she had rosacea and is super self-conches about it so I'm always on the search for something to help her with that and it works well too. That and with a primer to last forever, I need super long lasting and pigmented makeup in my life to have fun with it so i'm glad I gave this a shot.
Cecelia D.
Converse, TX
I was excited to try this product due to the fact that I usually love her products and there was finally a foundation shade that was pale enough for me. This foundation was full coverage when I put it on, it was beautiful but what hurt me was how sticky it was, also how after wearing it for 3+ hours it started to flake off like a bad sunburn. What's really sad is I've experienced this with multiples of her liquid lip as well. If this foundation works for you then I'm glad.
Marianne W.
San Mateo, CA
I bought this foundation as a recommendation from Sephora. I told her that I was looking for a natural look. I bought the foundation and tried it twice. Once with the hydrating primer from the same line and then another with the make up forver Step 1 moisturizing primer.
The Kat Von D primer did make my skin hydrated, I applied the Foundation with the brush in her collection. It is full coverage, but it does settle in fine lines making them highly noticeable. I set the foundation with the Lock It powder, then used Urban Decay setting spray. After wearing the foundation for about 4 hours I noticed the foundation separating in my T-Zone. I have combo skin. So I tried it the next day with a different primer but the same results.
Sierra B.
Tracy
I really like this product. It wears nicely all day even if you're out and about. Wore it on my 21st birthday on a wine walk and it stayed on beautifully all day. I've worn it so many times since and I am in love with it. I do like the way it looks when applied with a beauty blender better than a brush though. I've read that kat herself says she also likes the look when applied with a beauty blender. A+ product.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.