Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19885)
Media (1909)
Kristin L.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Light 45 more...
I would have never though a full coverage foundation would feel so lightweight and comfortable all night long. I am so beyond impressed with this foundation it lasted all night I even fell asleep with it on and when I woke up it still looked as good as my drugstore foundations. Not only did it last all night was super full coverage but it didn't oxidize on my skin in the slightest. And on top of all that I have the oiliest skin ever and not once did I have to touch up or re power my face. I just honestly can't say enough good things about this product. I highly recommend it for anyone who has super oily skin or has anything they definitely need to cover
Alexxandria H.
Ive been using this since it came out. and gives me ok coverage. Expensive

Update 5/5/18
It cakes after awhile and it moves way to easily.
Not good at all for dry skin.
Tara S.
Marietta , GA
This is a great foundation but it does settle in the fine lines a bit. It covers any kind of redness or discoloration you may have on your face, but it is not quite as moisturizing as I would hope.
Yesenia T.
San Benito
Review for: 58 Medium - Warm Undertone more...
I bought this foundation cause I heard that I gave the full coverage so as excited as I was to get my hands on it I got mine a Sephora. I've been trying different kids of foundations but I really wanted this one. I was told that this was great to cover imperfections and dark spots.. well it was sad to be disappointed and even more that it was just not what I expected.. the product is to heavy and it made me sweat.. as little as I put it was the same thing . Not only that afterma few hours I noticed it has just very noticible on my problem areas.. so for me it was a disappointment. Still love u kat!
Jessica  S.
Concord , MI
This is hands down the best foundation I have ever purchased. I was looking for a more high end foundation, and originally bought a different brand and I wasn’t a fan. After I returned it I bought this. It’s perfectly matte, which is perfect for me since I don’t like the dewy look on me. It almost looks like you’ve airbrushed it on it’s so smooth. It can cover just about anything up. It easily covers my blemishes. I even tested it over one of my tattoos and you could hardly tell I had one. I love this stuff and will never go back to another foundation. Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
Merceades S.
Anderson, SC
Review for: 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE more...
I also used this foundation on a whim one day in hopes that maybe I can find another forever foundation. I'm not too big on liquids, but here lately my skin has been needing that extra coverage.  I'm currently using the shade Light 44 cool- if possible could go lighter, and I start off with a primer, spot conceal an then use my BB on top with this. Now, keep in mind I just said I'm not big on  liquid foundations...This one not only covers everything, but gives a nice SOFT blurred almost appearance to the skin. I have oily acne prone skin and so far no breakouts and it's kept my oil at bay. I do bake under my eyes, my chin and the middle of my forehead with some cheaper powder, but regardless. I love this stuff.
Krizz'Tina M.
Review for: 74 Deep - Warm Undertone more...
I have oily combination skin, a hairy face (no its not thick enough to shave) and normal skin everywhere else.

When i got this foundation i was impressed by the coverage and the finish but long after wearing it I discovered that there wasn't much hold beyond that. The formula is very thick, it dries quickly and can be hard to blend. It also creases anywhere your face moves and has a tendency to look caked around the nose.

i like the color a lot because it suits me really well, but the only way i can get this to work for me is by mixing it with NARS all day luminous weightless foundation, which is literally it's entire opposite. Combined they remind me of a less drying, more flexible, not ashy version of estee lauder's DW foundation.

Alone this is good as concealer.
Abigail S.
Review for: Light 41 Neutral more...
This is my go to full coverage foundation. It keeps me matte all day long. It’s a little uncomfortable to wear, but that’s expected with a full coverage foundation. I’d definitely recommend this to a friend.
Ana M.
I really wish I could love this foundation since I am a huge fan of Kat and I love that all of her products are vegan and cruelty free but this just missed the mark for my skin big time. Upon first application of the foundation, I really loved how it looked. It had a pretty even and flawless overall appearance but after a couple of hours I looked cakey and 8 hours into my shift at work it was pretty much melting off of my face. Despite using the Kat Von D Lock it Hydrating primer as a base and baking my T-zone with the Kat Von D translucent setting powder, it sank into my pores and left me looking like a powdery but shiny, not to mention blotchy, mess. My skin is combination and typically gets a little oily throughout the day. This was definitely not the product for me unfortunately
Lamia H.
Featuring 30 full-coverage, matte shades—renamed to include undertones for easier shade selection—Kat Von D's bestselling foundation collection has a shade to cover virtually all skintones. From the fairest of the fair to deep, rich tones, this shade range has you covered with the same, 24-hour wear and high-pigment formula, beautifully packaged in a sleek new design.

With just one light layer, the creamy formula corrects discoloration, stops shine, and hides blemishes. Formulated with 21 percent pigment, this powerful foundation is loaded with proprietary pigments, and an exclusive high-tech blend of silicone elastomers and silicone esters to bind the formula so you get total matte coverage that stays waterproof, fade-proof, and transfer-resistant all day long.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Lock-It Foundation's innovative airless chamber prevents contamination to protect and maintain the creamy consistency so that every pump delivers a precisely measured, fresh dose to flawlessly cover your entire face.

Prep skin with Lock-It Hydrating Primer for more comfortable wear and better application of Lock-It Foundation.

Kat Von D used an antique wax seal as the inspiration for the new Lock-It Collection design.

#VeganAlert! Lock-It Foundation is completely free of animal-derived ingredients.

"I am proud to say that Kat Von D Beauty products are never tested on animals—and never will be."—Kat Von D

This product is free of synthetic fragrance.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.