Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19904)
Media (1914)
Kristy G.
West Falls, NY
Review for: Light 43 Warm more...
This is the second foundation I've ever tried. The first being a brand from the drug store that made my face break out. I have very oily skin naturally so I feel this particular brand works very well. It's about $35 and can be purchased at Sephora. It will stay on all day long, even with my oily skin. Just put on a tiny bit of primer. My only complaints that I have is that I've been told that it's very cakey in comparison to other brands and for that reason I might explore my options more, but I still really like this brand. Also, the way I see it, if it's "cakey" you don't have to use a lot so that's a plus. I probably put more tooth paste on my tooth brush than foundation I put on my makeup brush. I've had the same one for about a year and a half and I wear makeup pretty regularly so I'm not exaggerating when I say "a little goes a long way"
Glynis L.
Thick with full full coverage. I have dry skin so this product wasn’t made for me. I like the range of colors. However, I haven’t found a way to make it work for me.
Joanne L.
Yonkers, NY
So, I've used this foundation in the past and was on the fence for a while. Back then, the shade range was small and I felt like some of the colors were either too light or too dark and too pink. Now that the shade range has expanded, I found my perfect shade! I wear a light 45 warm. The coverage is flawless and it doesn't feel "caked on" or heavy. I used a beauty blender to apply this particular foundation so it went on a lot smoother and I used less product. I feel like using the brush just cakes on more product and gives it that "cake-y" feel. I used a damp beauty blender and it was smooth. I've gotten so many compliments on my foundation and have been very happy with the results. If you like full coverage, definitely go for Kat. She's cruelty free and vegan which is a bonus and it's not really that expensive for a mid high end brand.
Hanna O.
Review for: 47 Light - Neutral Undertone, 46 LIGHTS - COOL UNDERTONE more...
Okay to start, I love the shade range of this foundation. When I purchased this I had oily skin and I was so excited to try it. However, I got it in and tried it on with a brush and wow it was terrible. It kept smearing away everytime I went to blend in the product, it turned streaky and oxidized so fast. Plus, it feels so thick and sticky right off the bat. After finally getting it to somewhat work it didn't look so hot in person, but in photos oh my god it was poppin. It made my skin look so airbrushed and perfect, I really enjoy it for photography, but the application process and formula is not worth it. Plus, it didn't last longer than five hours. (Take in like this picture is from almost 2 years ago)
Alex K.
Oneida
I am in love with this foundation. It is my holy grail product. I love a full coverage foundation, because I used to suffer from acne as a teenager and was left with some scarring and discoloration and this foundation makes my skin look so smooth and flawless. I use a powder to set it and it literally lasts all day long. I can touch my face, take a nap, and chase around a baby all day and at the end of the day I haven’t had to do any touch ups and it still looks great. I also have oily skin and just setting it with a powder does my skin wonders and I don’t have any oil popping through. Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
Brittany M.
Ironton, OH
This is the best foundation I have ever used. It dries matte and stays all day. It is full coverage and it does not take much product at all to cover your entire face.
Cristina J.
Las Vegas, NV
OK.,..So I love this foundation...BUT it is not for everyone. My friend uses it on herself and it looks fantastic...on her. On me...it looked dry  BUT...yes the but...I have not so perfect of a skin. So if your skin is already nice and smoth and all you need is just a touch of foundation to make it look even more puurrffeectt...this is puurrffeecctt!!! but...if your skin is dry or too oily and if you have dry patches...or scars..ummm...maybe if you use a wet beauty blender can get away with it...but not even then. So...it is amazing, but not for everyone. You may want to go to the store and try it on first, go home see how it look a few hours later, and if you like it, then buy it :) Better than buying it  first then returning the entire bottle and it goes to trash. I hope this helps someone out there a little little bit :)
Bri B.
Review for: 57 Medium-Warm Undertone more...
Very nice foundation but very mattifying and kind of dry but it keeps me looking good and it’s very good for people who have oily skin and props to the coverage. Would recommend to other people and the price is okay
Dee T.
This product is really nice for covering any areas of rosacea, redness, blemishes for acne. This is the fullest Foundation I own. Sometimes I have to thin it down with moisturizer so it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask. This is good for skin that feels a little bit more oily I feel been dry. I have dry skin and sometimes this can sink into lines and make you look a little bit more older than you are. When I mix my moisturizer with it it's a perfect mix. This foundation will last you until you wash it off at night. Kat Von D nailed it but if you have really good skin and are looking for a foundation to hide minor imperfections then you can skip this. But if your skin needs to cover redness this is the best other than tarte Amazonian clay.
Taylor E.
San Clemente, CA
Review for: 45 LIGHT - WARM UNDERTONE more...
Where to begin.
When I first purchased this foundation I was assured that not only would it work to completely cover up tattoos, it was also recommended to me as one of “the best” full coverage foundations. I’ve tried many full coverage foundations and none of them have ever been as suffocating and sticky as this one was. Even after setting it, even after using as little product as I could, it felt like a literal mask. So I thought “okay, it’s intended purpose is to cover up tattoos so I should have maybe expected less of it as a foundation”. WRONG. I attempted to use it several times to cover up a fairly small tattoo and a large one on my forearm, even when the foundation was set it was sticky and rubbed off on absolutely everything. I think maybe if the formula is changed that I would maybe consider trying it again, but as of now I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who wants to use it as an everyday foundation. The only use for it that I found was for cosplay as it literally creates a new canvas on your face.. if you can stand feeling like you have a mask glued on.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.