Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty ble...182 Answers
Media (1971)
Amy N.
Powhatan
Review for: Light 45 Neutral more...
It is a FULL coverage foundation, so it is heavy, which is to be expected, but it applies so smoothly, and blends out so nicely. I find that toward the end of wearing it for 9 hours, the foundation begins to break down a little around my nose and forehead if I don't powder throughout the day. But that's not often, and not many people would be wearing their makeup for that long, and I don't have any other foundation that lasts that long, looking so good. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR DRY SKIN...(UNLESS YOU USE A DRY SKIN PRIMER AND SETTING SPRAY!) I have dry skin so I have had to use a full coverage CREAM not LIQUID... So, If you have DRY skin, TRY Dermacol but... YOU HAVE TO BUY DIRECTLY FROM DERMACOLUSA @ shop.dermacolusa (There a TON of fakes out there and do NOT buy from Ebay!!) or get Dermablend Camo Foundation (75% as good as Dermacol). A Full Coverage CREAM won't dry your skin out like LIQUIDS will. If you want a liquid though, go for Ms.Kat.. I Do NOT like Too Faced's Born This Way (also popular today, say it is FULL Coverage) It is NOT Full Coverage Com pared To Lock-It!!!!
Gianna G.
Orlando, FL
Trying this foundation gave me many mixed emotions. I find this foundation is better for oily skin. I have dry skin so i had to do a lot of work for it to work for me. I tried a hydrating primer and a oil (Tarte maracuja oil) and I was able to apply it correctly and I recommend using a damp sponge for this foundation regardless of skin type. It's a very thick consistency but if you apply it correctly it, it lasts very long and it's super full coverage and matte. My only wish for this product is that they get more shades and with those shades that they have a yellow undertone. The lighter shades have more of a pink undertone and the warmer shades are too dark for the in between people. Overall I feel the product isn't for everyone but it is a really good product. Just needs some tweaks
Chloe L.
San Jose, CA
So pigmented, color correcting, and smooth coverage that builds coverage with each application!! Only use a drop for each application. Matte finish waterproof sweat proof and 24 hour wear for sure it’s amazing
Ali V.
Toledo, IA
I LOVE this foundation. It's super full coverage, and normally I have to worry about looking cakey with my dry skin but as long as I keep up with my regular skin care it looks flawless. Many people are turned off by this because it's "heavy" but I feel if you apply with a beauty blender or some type of damp makeup sponge you completely avoid this problem. Every single time I wear this - and the lock-it concealer - I get so many amazing compliments on how flawless my skin looks! Highly highly recommend. My biggest piece of advice to work with this or any "heavier" foundation would be to keep up with your skincare, especially before you apply, use a primer that your skin needs, and set set set! I use the Laura Mercier translucent loose powder and my beauty blender, and I set with an abundance of sprays. Also it can be helpful to take a setting spray with you throughout the day to help liven up your skin - especially with full coverage foundations!
Gia K.
Durham, NC
I remember buying this foundation last summer and almost instantly regretting it.
I see why a lot of people love this foundation. It's matte, it's full coverage, it's Kat Von D. I suppose, for an oilier skin type this might be the bees knees, for someone who needs a lot of coverage or just requires it for a particular look, then this might be a miracle worker.
But for someone like me who has a moderately/manageable oily skin in the summer and not a lot of issues to cover with foundation, this was a bit over the top.
It felt like cement with 10 minutes, it caked around the nose and it literally felt like mask and while this has not worked for me in the past, I'm willing to give it a second chance, though. I'll just have to change my skin prep and I heard they reformulated this to be a little thinner than the original version.
Rachel O.
Not exactly my cup of tea. It just didn’t look great on me. The high coverage of it made me look cakey and kind of gross. It brought out all the lines and pores in my skin and made me look old. It just wasn’t for my skin type unfortunately
Samantha W.
Yuba city, CA
The WORST foundation I have ever used. It is so hard to blend, patchy, and doesn't hide pores. It actually seems to enhance the appearance of them. Disappointed in this brand
Natasha M.
Moses lake , WA
Okay, this foundation I wanted sooo badly to work (mainly cause it's a little costly) but it just didn't cut it. I got the shade in 42, which is one of the lightest shades, but it's super heavy and cakey. I've tried it 3 different ways of wearing it (as I've had people suggest to try) and I just can't! Literally it just looks terrible, and it makes me feel insecure! Who in their right mind would want to be going around looking like you have Halloween makeup on (that's how I feel this looked on me!) I have read other reviews and they say that the formula for the 42 and others are a little different, and with that being said if you're in a higher up shade, I would say go for it!!! But if you're a ghost like me, I'd say skip it and maybe get the It Cosmetics CC cream (it's what I'm using in fair) and see if it works for you.
Sara T.
Cleveland, TN
Review for: 45 LIGHT - WARM UNDERTONE more...
Makes a beautiful foundation but it makes my skin dry as a bone, even with moisturizer and primer. Amazing coverage, and I would buy it again just because it’s so good.
Hannah H.
Wilmington
This is my absolute favorite foundation! The coverage is amazing and I highly recommend this product! Way worth the money and also last all day long!! Love kat Von D product!
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Carisa H.
Evansville, IN
Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperpigmentation?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?

Amazon