Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty ble...182 Answers
Media (1969)
Emma T.
33 Beechmount Drive, Co Antrim , Belfast
Awful. Was given a free sample of this. Wore it once and was told my skin looked bad. I was told I looked dry and cakey, and to never wear that makeup again; that’s as bad a review as you can get. I also get maybe 1 spot every 2 months normally, and the day after using this, my skin was so irritated, I woke up with 3 spots! Don’t use this if you have skin that is normal to dry (only if you skin is very very oily), or sensitive skin. The range of shades is good though 👌🏽
rachel h.
I brought this foundation because i was in need of something more full coverage that would not budge during a night out!
This foundation is amazing i used Sephora 8hr wear prior to this and it wasn't building enough for full coverage.
I loved the container and packaging.
This product is so full coverage and waterproof that i can go to work all day and for a swim after and it is still looking good by night time no need to reapply.
The only issue i did have with it was the foundation separating on my skin with an oily silicone based primer but as soon as i bought a water based primer it stuck perfectly.
Would buy again!
Tammy M.
I've used this once, my friend let me try hers. It wasn't the correct shade for me but it wasnt far of it. The foundation is thick, I used a round flat brush to apply it, full coverage, the shade was too dark so the finish wasn't perfect but I didn't use the matching primer so maybe it might help the finish. Otherwise it was good and it lasted long on my combination type skin. it wouldn't be my go to everyday but I would like to try it again properly
River R.
Langley, BC
First foundation I've ever used where the lightest shade is just a teensy bit too light for me. Love the range of colours, love the coverage, love the packaging.

I dislike how quickly the foundation drys on your face, makes blending it tricky. Also, if I leave a dollop of it on my face without blending it, my skin will immediately get red and itchy directly underneath the makeup. It's quite strange as I have no discomfort once it's blended out. This is also a very thick, heavy foundation. If you're looking for that dewy "no makeup" look, stear clear. I've used this product a lot, but I have to add so many moisturizers, serums and primers to make it comfortable, I will probably not repurchase.

All in all I think this product is just not great for my dry, sensitive skin. I bet those with oily or combination skin who are looking for a full coverage matte foundation would have way better luck.
Estelle B.
Lyon
Review for: 42 LIGHT - NEUTRAL UNDERTONE more...
Pourquoi? J'ai pleuré toutes les larmes de mon corps!!
Il est épais, bouge en même pas 30 minutes, donne des boutons et j'en passe...
J'en avais tellement entendu du bien que j'avais hâte de l'avoir pour enfin avoir un teint magnifique, j'ai vite déchanté. Dommage car j'adore la marque, mais je pense que la formule du FDT doit être à revoir.
Dommage pour le prix, j'aurais du demander un échantillon au lieu de me lancer!
Maansi Gupta💗 F.
United Kingdom
Review for: 57 Medium-Warm Undertone more...
I have tried many different foundations over the years that has amazing coverage, not cakey and most of all to control my oil! Iv read a lot different reviews on foundations that cater for what I was looking for but nothing exceeded my expectations like this!! Amazing!! Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
Koki M.
alexandria
Review for: 42 LIGHT - NEUTRAL UNDERTONE more...
First of all I want to say I love Kat von d all products.. Specifically the foundation "kat von d lock-it foundation"  it was highly pimgmented and covered everything including the mild rosacea on the cheeks..actually it fits oily kind of skin. And it's long wear on the face like between 5 to 8 hours. Only specific use for this foundation is to big high events like weddings,parties or night prom.. Because you can't use full coverage foundation everyday like any light weightless foundation.. And it actually camerafreindly.... I hope I can review this product very good .
Caprice H.
LOWESTOFT
Review for: Light 41 Neutral, 42 LIGHT - NEUTRAL UNDERTONE, 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE, 45 LIGHT - WARM UNDERTONE, 46 LIGHTS - COOL UNDERTONE more...
As far as foundation goes I completely trust Kat Von D foundation they are amazing & perfect coverage & comes in a wide range of skin tones colours so your able to pick.
My skin is as I keep saying combination & ive known others to hVe a combination skin & use this & they’ve been completely fine using it.
Price I would of thought would be been very very high due to Kat Von D she is a popular one.
Packaging would be absolute fine.
shelby b.
Kitchener
This is by far the best full coverage foundation I have ever tried. It covers all imperfections, blemishes, redness and dark circles with 1 application.
It dries down very nice and never leaves your face cakey or tacky with almost an airbrush finish look.
It stays put all day long and doesnt get blotchy or streaky! Also pretty affordable in my opinion.
I always purchase mine at sephora
I highly recommend this foundation.
Aureanna B.
St, AB
Review for: Light 45 Neutral more...
I will start my review off positive in saying that Kat Von D's makeup line does make incredibly light shades so even the palest of skin tones can wear her makeup. But, that is really the only positive thing I can say about this Foundation. I really couldn't stand it. It looked horrible on my skin. I have dry to normal skin and this made all of my pores extremely pronounced and sunk into all of my under-eye Fine Lines extremely badly to the point where it look like my skin had aged upwards of 10 years. I absolutely could not stand this foundation and thankfully Sephora does have a policy where you can return it and I did return it. It is extremely full coverage so if you were looking for a full coverage foundation and you do not have dry skin this might be the one for you. But, sadly I have dry skin so this was definitely not a foundation I could rock.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Carisa H.
Evansville, IN
Is this a full coverage foundation that works with hyperpigmentation?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?

Amazon