Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

• Does this stay on long enough or does it fade away thru o...9 Answers
Reviews (19889)
Media (1911)
Lauren L.
Review for: 42 LIGHT - NEUTRAL UNDERTONE more...
Best full coverage foundation as it is highly pigmented. Covers better than Tarte Amazona clay foundation, better than Estée Lauder double wear and also better than makeup forever Matt velvet foundation. But it has a strange smell which I don’t really like. It has a entirely matte finish but it cakes up after several hours in the sun and the fine lines start appearing through the foundation. However when I was visiting Europe during the winter months, it did not cake as badly. So if you are looking for a full coverage highly pigmented foundation, this is the one to go for. I will repurchase as i’vent Found an even better one to replace it
Celina P.
Oakville, ON
I suffer from having dry skin but could not resist buying this foundation. I heard SO many amazing things about it. It's a great foundation, highly pigmented, full coverage, and a little goes a long way. However, if you have dry skin like me, I do find that if you don't have an extremely hydrating primer, this foundation will stick to dry patches of your skin. I didn't mind using this foundation in the summer when my skin wasn't as dry, but wearing this foundation in the winter didn't work for me. I had to make the switch to NARS sheer glow.

If you're looking for a full coverage, matte look, this is a perfect foundation!
S S.
Thick coverage covers anything shade range is great Great for oily skin great pay off pigmented covers pores and skin blemishes as well as marks, very pigmented, smells great, packaging is professional and works well love it!
Naomi F.
Edmonton, AB
My favorite foundation for oily skin, along side Estee Lauder double wear. It doesn't break out my oily sensitive acne prone skin and it stays matte literally all day. It is super full coverage so use a moisturizer and primer underneath and blend with a damp Beauty blender (if you want it thicker, use a foundation brush). It goes on smooth and lasts all day. I don't even need a setting powder because it's already matte! Plus it comes in such an adorable container! Love! Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
Kayleigh A.
Caerphilly , Caerphilly
Review for: Light 41 Neutral more...
I love the shade selection in this range as I've always had difficulty in finding a foundation that matches my pale skin. This foundation is extremely high coverage and long lasting, although I would recommend only a tiny amount to cover the face. As I deal with acne, scarring and discolouration, I bought this product for its full coverage. However, this product is so full coverage that it often sets into any fine lines and looks cakey by the end of the day. Personally I think the Lock-It Concealer works best with acne as small amounts can be used to cover any blemishes, without making the rest of the face look too cakey.
Jaimee A.
Mississauga, ON
This is my current HG foundation. It is full coverage and a semi-matte finish. It looks very natural and does not feel heavy at all. I have very prominent acne scars and no other foundation can cover it up as much as this foundation. You also don't need that much product so it's going to last you a while. For colour reference, I'm NC42 in MAC and I use 57 medium. I usually mix this with a dewy foundation like L'oreal infallible pro glow or Neutrogena healthy skin since I am really into the dewy look right now.
Hollie W.
London
Review for: 71 Deep - Warm Undertone more...
This foundation is the worst one I regret buying from the huge hype online and YouTube. It's very thick and hard to blend into the skin took me ages to get a perfect finish even by adding fix plus.
It also looked patchy it photos showed up my pores on my nose with other brands hide nicely.
I couldn't get a good match which was close enough to my skin tone. This one gave me a strange dull looking complexion with a red tint as it was very warm and there wasn't a golden one available. It also stained my beauty sponges by only using a tiny amount. Absolutely crazy.
The only good thing was the airless pump and that it's ideal for very oily skin just not mine sadly.
Cecilia C.
Happy Valley, OR
This is one of my favorite foundations! It's full coverage and stays well throughout the day! I hear some people complain about 'cakeyness' but exfoliating and moisturizing takes care of that! I like to apply it with a dense brush and then a nice translucent powder on top! I will say that on the box it says transfer resistant but I find that to be incorrect. It's not something that drew me away from it though because It's a great foundation all around!
Amber C.
Huddersfield , England
I was lured in by the extremely pale shades of this foundation, however, I can't seem to enjoy how it looks on its own. It looks very very cakey on my face, and almost as if I have applied too much powder and not removed the excess. This might be good if you have oily skin or if you don't mind a cakey look. I feel like it enhanced all the little bumps on my face, and you definitely need a primer with this. The coverage is stunning! I've never had to use less foundation than with this. I barely even use half a pump. I /adore/ the packaging.
Lauren G.
Montrose Road, Paisley
Review for: Light 42 more...
Lock - It Tattoo foundation and I had a rocky start to our relationship, but we got over it and I am IN LOVE. So, I have combination skin and sometimes my skin is super dry and others, it's super oily and you can see my pores from the moon. On dry days, I shy away from this, because it totally dries my skin out and is thick and cakey. On oily days it's my saving grace, because it covers up literally everything. I can barely see my pores and it gives me a pretty flawless look. It also stays on for quite a while. The packaging is amazing too, and I'm waiting for a time when I can afford the primer and the concealer too...
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.