Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19884)
Media (1909)
Didi A.
Barcelona
Bought both the foundation and the primer (along with the eye contour palette!) and was gladly surprised by the coverage of the foundation. The silicony texture of the face primer it's awesome, but what makes it better is the fact there are no silicones in it.Unfortunately, for my skin (super oily on the T zone and hiper dry on forehead and lower chin), the foundation woudl accentuate my fine lines and get cakey in patches if I used the primer. On it´s own it was way better! (and the primer with drugstore foundations worked wonders). So far I'm looking forward to buy it again!
🖤 Missy 🖤.
Moose Jaw, SK
My go-to full coverage foundation! When I'm looking at a night out or have a special occasion this is what I reach for. I have noticed I have to make sure I've got my skin as moisturized and exfoliated as best as possible as this will cling to dry patches. Also, being a thicker foundation you do need to work fast if using a beauty blender. All the extra work aside, if you know what you're getting into this is a great foundation with excellent shade range, coverage, and staying power!
Ellie N.
Review for: Light 45 more...
High coverage and it lasts all day!

I suffer with redness of the skin and i get insecure about it but it hides it lovely and it doesn't feel cakey. It lasts me throughout the day with no need for a touch up. I recommend this to anybody I'm positive that you'll be converted to this foundation.

It matches my skin so lovely with all the different foundations shades available I'm sure you'll find your match perfectly! There is not a bad word to say about Kat Von D makeup, especially this foundation.
ANGELA J.
Review for: 64 Medium - Neutral Undertone more...
Lock-It Foundation gives you all the coverage you need to rock a flawless matte-not-flat canvas that stays waterproof, fade-proof, and transfer-resistant for 24 hours, no touch-ups necessary. This unique formula delivers flexible full coverage—all you have to do is adjust the amount of foundation you use to quickly and easily achieve your perfect finish, whether it’s natural medium-to-full coverage, or a flawless full-coverage finish.

With a high-pigment foundation such as Lock-It, a little goes a long way. Just 1 pea-size droplet provides natural medium-to-full coverage with 24-hour wear. Need to cover redness, blemishes or discoloration? Simply add another droplet and build lightly to create a flawless full-coverage finish. For perfect precision and seamless blending, apply with the Lock-It Edge Foundation Brush.

Think you know Lock-It Foundation? Think again. Kat Von D’s hyper-performance vegan foundation has been a top-selling foundation for 6 years and counting—and it’s only getting better.
Tanet M.
I really wanted to love it. I'd read so many amazing reviews and I do like it but maybe I had too high expectations.First of all, I don't know if it oxidizes like crazy or the girl just matched me totally wrong but I feel like after a few hours I'm looking orangy or yellow and I have a pretty fair skintone. Also, while it's quite full coverage (not the most I've had, but decent), it does look like I have a ton of makeup on. It feels heavy and often cakes, even if user the Lock-It Primer.It does give me a much more flawless look from afar but upclose, I feel like it emphasizes my pores and texture. I'm not sure it's the right product for me. Maybe for someone with less texture on their skin.
Francesca O.
Belfast
Review for: 46 LIGHTS - COOL UNDERTONE more...
The first time I tried this I used Light 44 cool undertone and it was far too light for me, even though I am very pale. Light 46 is much closer to my skin tone. I really like how matte it dries down but it is very drying on my skin and can cling to dry spots if I have not moisturised properly. I use a hydrating primer underneath as well which seems to help. This can feel quite heavy on my skin so I don't wear this foundation every day as it would make my skin break out but for a night out it is a great long wearing foundation, would definitely recommend
Emily L.
Pictou, NS
I purchased this after hearing rave reviews about how lovely and full coverage it is, as that is something I do really need in a foundation. While it does a fantastic job of covering up my blemishes, and a little goes a long way, I find it settles down into any fine lines I may have on my face. This is even if I use a face primer and a setting spray. At $42 a bottle, I will be looking for a different full coverage foundation before I consider going back to Lock It.
🐱ladychips p.
romainville
Review for: 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE more...
ok. this foundation deserve more than 5 stars. it deserves everything.
i know reviews are mixed. but i live and swear by lock it foundation!
even though i have dry skin, this foundation id perfect for me! and the shade range is absolutely perfect! only brand to have my exact shade! all the orher brands are always too pink! but kvd knows!!!!! u can be white af 😂😂😂 and not pink af 😂😂😂
i use it with the kvd primer and, well... it makes my day everytime!
also as i work at night, the full full coverage is awesome cuz i need my skin to be flawless!
for daytime, i use less of the product :)
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
Lada S.
Bern
Review for: 47 Light - Neutral Undertone more...
One of the best foundations I’ve ever tried in my life! Before using it I usually apply Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer and Urban Decay Quick Fix Hydra-charged Complexion Prep Priming Spray and it lasts the whole day. It works perfect with fair skin, but you need to be careful because some of the tones are too light and if you take a pic using a flashlight you might look like a Casper, even though without a flashlight it looks amazing.
Otherwise, yes, it’s an amazing product and I would definitely repurchase it ❤️
Lauryn J.
Review for: Light 45 more...
I love how build-able and thick this foundation is. I can also thin it down by applying less and using a brush to blend. I do think that this would be best suited for someone with more natural skin as it could be too thick of a layer for someone with oily skin and could break them out. Dry skin could also see a problem as this foundation shows a lot of skin texture so the dry skin patches could become more obvious.

I usually like a dewy finish as it is more natural. This foundation is very matte though so I could see it being good for glamour makeup. I think that with some highlighter it can look dewy again so it is all about how you layer and play with it.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.