Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19914)
Media (1915)
⚜️Maria-Lavinia ⚜️ V.
Rødekro
I wanted this foundation for ages and when I finally put my hands on it, I was beyond happy and excited. I love it and it does what it says it does. It covers like no joke. Very very full coverage, it does not oxidase on my skin ( which is veeeery important for me) and it stays on allll day long.

The only problem i had with this foundation so far, and that's why i am giving it a 4 star and not 5, is that it can break me out sometimes, which is very annoying, because I have some pimples issue already and i bought this foundation for covering all those pimples, but when i use it it breaks me out. So I came to the point where i use it just at very special events and when i don' t have anywhere to go after, so no one has to se my face full of pimples hahah.
Btw it has a pretty thick consistency, you might wants to apply it with a damp beauty sponge or start with a brush and go over with a damp beauty sponge.
Ashley C.
Hemaruka
Thank you Kat for realizing that there are very pale people in the world who require a lighter than average foundation. I have struggled for years trying to find a foundation to match my skin, and this is exactly what I needed. I have acne prone skin and VERY oily skin, I wore this for over 24 hours while on a flight and traveling to and from because I was not thinking, and I did not look greasy hardly at all. Which for me is amazing, I will often need to powder after a few hours, and with this I powdered once, when we landed, approx after 20 hours of wear and it was hardly necessary. It does look a little bit cakey on my skin, but I seem to make even the sheerest foundation look cakey. No need for concealer with this foundation either which is a bonus!
Ashleigh P.
Runcorn, Cheshire
Review for: 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE more...
This was the first Kat Von D product I've tried, I love it! There are some definite pros and cons to the foundation though. For starters the coverage is amazing. It covers up any imperfections really well and I think it's by far the best one I've tried for coverage. It glides on smoothly and has a really nice finish, it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. You also don't need to use a lot of product at all. I've found that one pump usually does the trick for me for day to day life, but when I've broken out then another half pump works nicely.

My main issue with it is the smell. Maybe it's just mine but when I've applied the foundation, it gives off a kind of strong paint smell which puts me off from using it. I will always use it for when I have a big night out or some other special occasion. Definitely give this a try if you're wanting a more high end foundation, and I found it was a good idea going in-store and getting my shade matched.
Lucy S.
Sparrow hall , Liverpool
Review for: 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE more...
Loveeeeee this foundation, didn’t understand the hype around it but now I get it. It’s like putting on a new face honestly, the tiniest drop goes a long way and it’s a fairly sized product, I feel like there is much more product in this foundation than in most others. Love it

I also purchased a favourite of mine NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in shade Abu Dhabi I can never get enough of these, long lasting and they dry perfectly without leaving your lips dry or sticky.

I also purchased a new highlighter which I am in love with. Very subtle every day wear which is perfect for my work place as before I was walking in looking like a light bulb. theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer so pleased with all three products.

Definitely recommend.
Review for: Other more...
It is such full coverage foundation. It has wearable durabtion of 12-16hrs . It is suitable for oily skin then dry skin as it has extremely matte finish . But at end of the day u will have oily finish but yet natural look .
Wendy S.
Santo Domingo
Review for: Other more...
I bought this for this first time a little over a year ago at Sephora in Times Square. I automatically fell in love. I have VERY oily skin, so oily it's to the point my makeup literally just slides off my face within four hours. This doesn't last the fully claimed 24 hours, but I would say it lasts around 16. I also have suffered from severe acne for years, and this not only covered my acne and acne scars beautifully, I honestly do believe it has calmed my acne down a TON. It has a very pretty matte finish, and I do NOT go out in public without at least foundation and powder on and just one bottle of this lasts me 6 months. I will never even consider switching foundations ever again.
Medium 62 warm
Kate M.
Spencerville , ON
Review for: Light 45 more...
I wanted to love this product after reading great reviews, but it just didn't work for me. I am only giving the third star because it does give the coverage that it claims - It covers everything. My issue with it was the finish; it looked caked and unnatural, and really started to encentuate dry spots and fine lines after a couple hours of wear. I tried different amounts of product, numerous application tools, every primer I own, different moisturizers and setting options, and I simply could not get it to do what I wanted it to do. It is very thick and difficult to blend, and oxidizes at least a full shade on the skin. It also has an unpleasant odour. For the price, I would never repurchase or recommend, I could not get through the first bottle. I will say however, as a professional MUA, it is great for stage and special event/effect makeup, and photographs beautifully.
Hailey C.
Sudbury
Review for: Light 41 Neutral more...
I spent a very very long time looking for a foundation that would match my skin tone, I am very pale and every foundation line seems to not have a shade light enough to match, and anything that came close was always orange on my skin, or would go on fine but then oxidize to be orange in spots.
Then I tried this foundation, the colour is perfect for me, there is absolutely no orange tint whatsoever in the shade I chose, and for that alone is why I give them 3 stars.
It smells like paint and feels like paint. I understand that it is a full coverage foundation, but it feels incredibly heavy.
I mix mine with a moisturizer to thin it out because I hate the feeling of how thick it is on my skin.

Emily D.
Very high coverage, really large range of shades (this is the first time I find exactly my skin colour), very moussy and not much liquid (which I'm not very happy with). Flawless and deep application with a beauty sponge, if you need a full coverage, but also enough liquid to be applied with a brush, which will give you a medium coverage. The only thing that I really dislike about this foundation is that it's too thick, so I feel like I have foundation on all the time, and my pores are really visible; I've tried it with a couple of different primers and face creams, I'm still trying to make it work for me. Also, it's apparently matte, but I definitely need to set it with a setting powder because it's really sticky on me. The price is totally worth it if you like the foundation, because it has a lot of product inside so the bottle is going to last very long.
Samantha K.
Moncton , NB
Review for: 44 LIGHT - COOL UNDERTONE more...
I love this foundation! I use light 44, and it’s the perfect match. 1 pump covers your whole face. I use it with the lock-it edge foundation brush, and it applies flawlessly. This foundation is easy to blend, has great coverage, and while it doesn’t look completely matte (more of a satin finish) it holds up well on my oily tzone. I always apply it with a hydrating primer, and it’s never cakey. I set it with the lock it setting mist and setting powder, and it stays on all day without needing touch ups or separating at all. I love foundations that have a pump, and I love that this one also has the little removable logo as a cap for the spout, as it’s great to travel with. Picture from my IG: @ samsmakeupaddiction
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.