Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19890)
Media (1911)
Sarah M.
Dublin
Review for: Other more...
Am I the only person that cannot work with this foundation? I bought Shade L42. I have tried everything. I have tried several different primers, no primer, the matching primer (Lock-It Hydrating Face Primer) and even mixing some of the Lock-It Hydrating Face Primer into the foundation (after a Kat Von D MUA recommended doing that). I have combination skin and this is so drying no matter how much I moisturise or prime first. It settles into my pores and fine lines (especially my smile lines and also settles into the lines at the sides of my nose). I find it makes me look older.

The product is thick, chalky and it dries so quickly that no matter how quickly I work, how little product I use or whether I use a beauty blender or a brush it goes on my skin badly. It also wears poorly on me and by lunch time there are parts missing from my nose and chin (despite trying numerous different setting powders). I have heard/read that there may be something off with the consistency of Shade L42 and that other shades in the range go on the skin differently, wear better etc. So frustrating. It is going in the bin!
Priscilla O.
Belle River, ON
This product has a nice full coverage that lasts all day. I also like the easy to use pump. I only need 2 pumps to do my whole face so the product has lasted me a long time!
LIZETTE S.
Riga, Latvia
It is one of the best foundations, just don’t have to spend a lot with a little amount you will get full cover like porcelana doll, as well it helps to cover scars and acne, just make sure to make your tone of skin.
Sophie S.
Wollongong
I love this. It’s an amazing foundation for oily skin. The shade range is great, it sits great on my skin and never looks cakey. I also love the packaging and the air pump. Such a good foundation, and excellent price too
Catherine N.
Macclesfield, cheshire
I first bought this and did not like it one bit. It seemed to cake not long after i put it on and it dried my skin out badly but i perservered and after using this for a while and worked out what to use beforehand I can say this is such a fabulous foundation.
After trying different moisturisers, oils, primers you name it i found a really thin layer of Vaseline left to dry for 5 mins before applying the foundation works best.
I apply the foundation with a slightly damp sponge and i have a porcelin face that is just flawless.
The foundation itself is very thick and is full coverage. I tend to have a reddish complexion and this covers it perfectly. It applies easily and you really don't need much to cover your face, one pump will suffice. This foundation has a great lasting wear. I can go out all day and come home and it has stayed nicely.
I really cannot recommend this enough
Charly G.
forest, ON
hands down my favourite foundation right now! absolutely love it, great coverage and it is perfect for the price! i would prefer this over many other more expensive brands! will buy again forsure !
Irma S.
My absolute favourite every day foundation. I've tried so many others and nothing compares for my oily skin. It lasts all day, has amazing coverage and a great shade range!
Dawn C.
Review for: Medium 54 Neutral more...
MY FAVOURITE FOUNDATION EVER! full coverage, apply with a damp beauty blender. I love it. And you don’t need loads. It’s the best I’ve ever used will definitely buy again!
Chanelle S.
London, Middlesex
This is one of my favourite foundations - however - I only ever treat it as a pigment for tinting my moisturiser. I usually mix a fraction of a pump of this with a full pump of my moisturiser. Mixing the two is usually fine, although I find that the foundation clots in the process. Once I'm applying it with a sponge, this doesn't really affect the outcome of application. I still get some coverage from this method, some evening of my skin-tone, but a makeup-free finish.

Out of curiosity I have tried applying this alone (but on top of my daily moisturiser), and truly hated the result. For those who enjoy a full, matte coverage, this could be ideal. Nevertheless, for those who prefer this sort of coverage, I would still recommend using a small amount while mixing in one drop of dry facial oil. The foundation dries matte to the extent of appearing chalky and textured, so a drop of oil would help smooth the appearance while remaining true to its finish.

I have normal skin with some areas prone to oiliness, and this together with moisturiser works well for me. I enjoy the dew of the moisturiser, and foundation works well in preserving this effect while preventing the visibility of excess oil throughout the day.
Taylor H.
Pickering, ON
This is very full coverage foundation. Looks awesome in photos. I personally think it feels heavy on my face, and I did notice a few break outs on my skin after using this product.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.