Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19908)
Media (1916)
Tallulah H.
Denver
Kat Von D foundation is my favorite. I have combination skin and it sets well and lasts all day! I like that it is full coverage without feeling heavy or thick. Its actually lightweight and blends into the skin well. There are also many shades to match your skin perfectly! Totally worth paying a bit more than usual because a little goes a long way!
Kendall O.
Purchased at: Sephora
This foundation rocks! Amazing coverage and long lasting. For this Halloween look I used the lightest shade in Light 41 neutral. It is a super fair ivory with neutral undertones. It didn’t crease, and I could trust it for all evening wear. #trickirtreat #spookyseason
Marina K.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: 47 Light - Neutral Undertone more...
I have combination skin, huge pores and acne.I really don't like to give such bed review , but its really heavy on my skin and looks like a mask.i think this product good for photoshoot or bridal make up only.
Laura B.
Review for: 45 Light - Warm Undertone more...
I got this in a voxbox. It is very thick so you don't have to use much to get coverage. It doesn't always go on smoothly so it takes a bit to blend it out. It does last all day though. I would recommend it for those who want full coverage.
allasandra m.
United states
Review for: 47 Light - Neutral Undertone more...
I love this foundation. I have very red skin and blemishes. This covers everything beautifully. I use it with a primer and it goes on smoothly. I have oily skin so the matte of it works great on me. If you have dry skin I would probably not use this cause it will dry you out
Ruby S.
Compton, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: 62 Medium - Warm Undertone more...
I’ve got this myself and also in a vox box & I like it the only times I don’t like it is when I don’t match my shades right but that’s my fault the foundation is amazing !
Secretly N.
J'ai acheté Le " Lock it Fondation / Fond de teint Lock it " il ya 6 mois environ et j'ai vite déchanté car pour moi la teinte était trop clair pour ma carnation , mais avec l'arrivée de la marque en France le phénomène Kat Von D fait parler et ça m'a donné envie de redonner une seconde chance à ce fond de teint dont tout le monde vente les mérites .

Donc Parlons Peu .. Parlons Bien , voilà mon avis sur le produit !
~♡ ~ Points Positifs :
• Couvrance : très bonne Couvrance conseillé pour les peaux à imperfections ou rougeurs, cela couvrira tous vos complexes ...ou presque .
• tenue : une longue tenue mêmes en cas de transpiration .
• Pigmentation : une petite quantité est suffisante pour vous maquiller le visage .
. Le Fini : un fini 100 % Mate , idéal pour les personnes à peau grâce .
~♡~Points Négatifs:
Pour ma part le seul bémol que je lui trouve c'est qu'il n'est pas léger une fois appliqué ;on sent que l'on porte du fond de teint malgré que la quantité de matière appliquee est minime aussi ce dernier ce doit d'être bien travaillé pour éviter l'effet plâtre.

Conclusion : ce fond de teint tient toutes ses promesses mais pour ma part je préfère l'utiliser occasionnellement .. les jours où j'ai besoin d'une haute Couvrance et D'une bonne tenue , pour tous les jours j'opterais plus pour des fond de teint plus léger .
Milliee K.
Liverpool
I was really excited to try this product as I need a high coverage foundation. I was colour matched to light 42 neutral (I'm wearing tan in the photo). It is a VERY light shade. When I first tried it, it made my pores look HUGE and kept separating, especially around my nose area. It sunk into all of my fine lines and scars and I had to take it off and start again. It gets rid of all my redness and covers blemishes really well though but it's hit and miss. My skin has to be in a good mood for it to work. I have oily skin, very oily skin and with a moisturiser and primer on top of that, the foundation was still extremely drying. You have to have a good primer for it to work though. It stays on and in place all day which I love, I only have to fix it once during a 10 hour work shift which is great. If you're getting this foundation test it out first! The packaging is lovely though and the feel of the product on your face is light.
Beka T.
Swadlincote, Derbyshire
Review for: Light 41 Neutral more...

I have been lusting over the Kat Von D Lock-It Liquid Foundation since it became available in this country; my local Debenhams doesn't have a Kat Von D counter, and I'm always wearing makeup when I pop into the Debenhams in Leeds, so I can never really be colour tested. I've always heard mixed reviews about this foundation too, so this also delayed me trying out the Lock-It Foundation, but then the Debenhams sale hit I just took the plunge, guessed my shade entirely and bought myself a bottle of the Lock-It Foundation.

Kat Von D claims that the Lock-It Liquid Foundation is "creamy and pigmented", "with one pump it will even out discolouration, stop shine and hide blemishes, offering amazing coverage" and promises that you can "go a full 24 hours without re-applying", and promises that "it will stay flawless, fade-free and transfer-proof". So what better time to put a new foundation to the test than right now, when the UK is experiencing a crazy heatwave?

As I said, I've never been able to be colour tested for the Lock-It Foundation, and I was torn between 41 and 42 Light but in the end, I went for 41 Light and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the neutral undertone that totally sold it for me. My very first thought of this foundation was something along the lines of "Jesus, I've finally found a foundation that's actually too light for me" but it matches my neck so perfectly; when I apply the rest of my makeup, add some colour back into my face with some blusher, add some definition to my eyes with some eye makeup and some colour it actually looks really natural.

So let's look into those claims. The pump on this bottle is one of the best I've ever used, it's consistent and it always provides me with an equal amount. The formula of the Lock-It foundation is definitely creamy and there is no denying that it's pigmented and that one pump definitely provides you with some insane coverage. One pump definitely goes a really long way. Now, did it go a whole 24 hours staying flawless, without fading, transferring and without needing to be reapplied? Well, in the crazy heatwave the UK went through, the short answer was no. I'm so glad I didn't test this out when I was out in public because I immediately felt this start to break down and run down my face as soon as the sun and heat hit my face.

A lot of reviews state that this foundation can be very drying; when I initially applied this with a foundation brush I found this and I also found that it applied super streaky and looked like a hot mess. However, when I applied it with my Real Techniques sponge it applied so much better, worked a hell of a lot better and didn't become dry throughout the day.

I can't wear this foundation without having to do a full face; I have to go full eye makeup, blush and highlight to make it look normal on my skin tone so although I don't reach for it daily it is my go to on a night out. I'm not currently sure if I'll be repurchasing this foundation, for £27 I'm not currently sure if a foundation that I only reach for when I'm doing a full glam full face will be jumping back into my basket anytime soon... Again, I'm not sure if I'd be recommending this foundation. It matches my neck perfectly, but I have to go full face to make it look normal for my skin tone which is crazy. I had to really play around with the application to make it work and it took me a couple of times to like it. Ugh, I really wanted to immediately like it! I didn't immediately fall in love with this foundation and I had to play around with it a couple of times to get to the stage where I eventually liked it. Even though it matches my neck perfectly, it makes me look so pale I have to go full glam full face to make it look normal which surely can't be right? To say it's meant to stop shine, it broke down pretty quickly in this insane heat that the UK is having lately, so that's given me something to think about... Just give me a few nights out so I can get my money's worth please.
Mia B.
WALSALL, WALSALL
Review for: Light 43 Warm more...
NOT A FAN!!! For someone that suffers with oily skin, foundation is a really sensitive subject. I forever start the night with flawless skin, then a a few hours down the line i look like ive had a jetwash sprayed on my face because the oil has just completely seperated the foundation and starts to reveal my skin.

Drug store foundations are all well and good if your nipping to the shop or are just chilling and dont need your look to last all day. Urban Decay All Nighter foundation was the first expensive foundation i tried, the durability on this foundation is amazing and you only needed a little amount to cover your face to look flawless. However, i recently ran out and i had been reading these amazing reviews on the Kat Von D Lock It Foundation; Matte, 24 hour stay, great for oily skin. Well of course i ventured out to go and purchase what sounded like a miracle foundation.

When you watch reviews of people applying foundation, tiss simple, wether you prefer a beauty blender or a brush, you just blend it out (in downwards strokes). Well let me tell you, with this foundation it was not that simple. When using a brush i could not even blend it, it was just staying put on my face, and instead just clogged up my brush and made it impossible you use (and yes i did prime and prep my face first). Secondly i thought hey, ill try the trusty beauty blender.... nope, it is nearly impossible to blend out and looks extremely cakey on the face. So i just presumed my technique was wrong, so i went to my local Kat Von D counder and asked if there was any way i could thin out the foundation as i think its way to thick for my skin, and they suggested mixing it with my moisturiser, however suprise suprise, this looked terrible on my oily skin. I will not be using this product again, waste of money:(
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.