Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

Reviews (19914)
Media (1915)
Sara A.
Big Rapids, MI
Review for: Light 45 Neutral more...
This foundation is 100% full coverage and that is what I want in a foundation. To test it out, I tried to cover the tattoo on my wrist and after a few applications of the foundation it worked. It is definitely a build-able foundation, but isn't need on the face. I don't recommend this product if you have oily skin, but it is perfect for combination/dry skin. It really lasted me with great coverage all day, with little to no touch up with powder.
Hannah V.
Greenville
Review for: 45 LIGHT - WARM UNDERTONE more...
This foundation was not right for my type of skin. The coverage was phenomenal. It covers literally everything. It could probably cover a tattoo. It has a super matte finish also. The one thing I didn't like about it was that it dried my skin out. I have oily skin usually and it still dried it out which was weird. It was also a little cakey on my face.
Lindsey L.
This is my ride or die! I can wear this at the beach in the winter when and wherever and it doesn’t budge! My absolutely favorite. The coverage is absolutely amazing and if you’re oily this is the foundation for you! It is heavy so if you are not into a little weight in your foundation then it might not be for you. But hands down my absolutely favorite.
Kara P.
Columbus, OH
this is a very full coverage foundation. it did what it claims to do, but i didn't care for how it set on my face. very cakey. i would say it's great for a glam look or for doing drag makeup that you want ultra full coverage and for it to last all night long. would also be great to cover up a tattoo. just not my cup of tea for what i look for in foundation
caity P.
Costa Mesa, CA
This is definitely a full coverage foundation but my skin felt kind of suffocated. The foundation is really thick, almost feels like a mask on your face. If that’s what you’re into, you’ll love it, it just wasn’t my thing - and I do really prefer matte foundations. (Just mentioning that so it’s understood this wasn’t biased or against my preferences)
Brook F.
Just no. I don’t understand he hype behind this product. Don’t get me wrong, I like stuff from Kat Von D! I just don’t like this foundation. It is VERY thick and feels really heavy on your face. It is very very full coverage and I guess because I don’t need that heavy of a coverage I don’t like it. I do feel like there is better ones out there with comparable coverage that don’t feel sooo thick and heavy. It says it doesn’t transfer but it still does as much as other high end foundation I’ve worn/wear. This product does oxidize a lot! I mean more than any other I’ve tried so if you want to try it I highly recommend getting samples from Sephora of a few shades and trying it out in different lighting before you make the purchase.
kate e.
Patchogue, NY
I was sent this amazing product in Light 47 Neutral and it is literally THE perfect match to my skin. It covered the redness and freckles on my nose within seconds! It is a flawless matte coverage and would apply beautifully with my Studio 35 Beauty Contouring Blender Sponge - 1 ea. I was also sent the concealer in M17 Warm and WHOA! My dark purple undereye circles disappeared like magic. I have used everything under the sun (CoverFX, Benefit, Tarte, Almay, Covergirl, bareminerals) and nothing has worked like this concealer! Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Crème
Sweta A.
Review for: 62 Medium - Warm Undertone more...
I've been using this product for years, and i LOOOOVE it. I have tried so many full coverage foundations, and just a lot of foundations in general (used to have acne/pigmentation issues), and this one has just been my favorite through & through. It's great for combination skin, definitely full coverage, and stays on all day. Highly recommend.
Amiya L.
Woodstock, GA
Full coverage to the max!!! My first high end foundation , definitely not dissatisfied. It does oxidize a bit and becomes a bit orangey (my only complaint) but with the summer coming up, it will definitely match my summer shade!! Doesn't feel heavy either. My oils do come thru by the end of an 8 hr wear. But the finish is dewy more than messy/old
Jami M.
Birmingham, AL
Review for: Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation - Full Coverage, Liquid NET Wt 1.0 Fl. Oz / 30ml (Medium 53 - light to medium complexion with golden yellow undertone) more...
I would give this 4.5 stars if I could. I really like the coverage of this foundation -it is seriously full coverage and stays in place like nobody’s business. It is seriously mattifying, which is great in the summer. However, it dries quickly. You have to work fast when applying it. I have found it works best when mixed with my Fenty foundation.
Robyn W.
What is the best way to apply? fingers? brush? beauty blender?
Amanda W.
Cat B.
Crowley tx
Does this foundation come on very thick?
Ceci F.
I have Rosacea, would this be able to cover up my rosy red cheeks?
Amanda C.