BY KAT VON D #10 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Buy on Sephora
Jes B.
Saint Louis, MO
I was looking for a new settling powder to add to my makeup routine. This was recommended to me by a Sephora cast member. I bought the travel size to see how I’d like it before committing to the full size. That being said, I should’ve just bought the full size. I love this stuff! It goes on so well and just melts into my makeup! I apply it with a puff instead of a brush. I find my makeup sets better when the powder is pressed into the skin instead of swept over. I noticed a huge difference the first time I used it. I wasn’t getting oily on my usual oily areas. After a full day at work I would normally be a greasy mess on my forehead and a few other spots. I barely had any shininess at the end of my day when I used this. I’ve almost used my whole jar up and I will most definitely be making a trip to Sephora to buy the full size very soon. This was a game changer for me for sure! The price is pretty reasonable for how much you get and how much I use on a daily basis. I found this to be a bit cheaper than other high end loose setting powders which is a huge plus. If you’re looking for a new or just a cheaper setting powder give this a try.
Oriana Z.
San Antonio, TX
Formula and application gets 5 stars, but I subtracted 1 star due to the smell. I used to use the LM translucent powder and noticed that as I am getting older and the skin under my eyes is becoming more dehydrated, the LM was starting to settle a bit in the creases under my eyes and accentuating these lines as the day progressed. The Kat Von D powder does not seem to appear dry or settle under my eyes even after 12 hours of wear. I apply this after my concealer with a damp Beauty blender under my eyes and "bake" it for about one minute. I have been using this now for about 3 weeks and I think that I'll continue to use this over the LM. The smell isn't bad, it is just strange to me and I am not crazy about it. It's not bad enough to discontinue use, it's just a little off putting. Nothing major though. I also love absence of parabens and sulfates, along with not testing on animals! I recommend this to anyone especially is you want a good, natural setting powder to "bake" without looking like an Instagram model with a cake face.
Sandra D.
Review for: Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder 0.67 oz more...
I received the Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder in Translucent for free in a VoxBox last year. If you love a matte look to your skin and makeup, then this is definitely the setting powder for you. Personally, I prefer a more dewy look, but I do sport the matte from time to time. I have dry/combination skin and this powder didn't cause any irritation or dryness except for around my under eye area. There was a bit of dryness there. It does dust across the skin nicely in other areas though, for a beautiful pore diffusing effect. I have fair skin and the powder didn't leave any weird pigment on my face. Which is a huge plus. The jar comes with A LOT of product. My biggest complaint though is that the jar is kind of messy. There's almost always a big pile of loose powder sitting on top when I open the lid and it likes to go EVERYWHERE. :D Not fun when it lands on the clothes you plan to wear out for the night.
Lisa R.
Columbus
Review for: Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder 0.19 oz/ 5.4 g more...
Holy setting powder amazement, batgirl. This KVD LockIt setting powder has CHANGED MY LIFE. Not kidding...I got this powder in a set with the KVD concealer (review on that soon, also FAB), as a trial set at Sephora (one of those but so many items of this size for “x” dollars). I am cursed with dark circles & dark shadows under my eyes-always. Even when I’m tan and relaxed at the beach, always. I’ve tried and been disappointed in so very many products to conceal, correct, and set that area - it’s gotten worse as I’m an over forty woman also. I do use a good eye cream faithfully am & pm, I’m careful about avoiding shimmery products with fall out and tacky, messy mascara formulas, etc. I’ve watched bajillions of tutorials-you get the idea...I followed the enclosed instructions in the two items to the letter and for the FIRST TIME EVER, my under Eye area was bright and smooth and even! I burst into tears, I was that excited...Since mastering the under Eye area, I’ve been using this powder to set more of my look and have been truly blown away by the quality. I can “bake” with it or just brush it on & off. It does not settle into pores or ANY of my fine lines, it’s a mostly matte finish but it’s a little brightening as well. Alas, my first holy grail powder has been found. I will be gifting both items to my daughters-in-law this year for sure. Maybe my sister and mom also.
Kat Von D CosmeticsKat Von D Lock-it Setting PowderKat Von D Lock-it Mini Baking Duo
Hannah P.
berea, KY
Review for: Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder 0.67 oz more...
I LOVE THIS SETTING POWDER! My absolute go-to for my day to day. it gives me a nice, matte finish and makes my makeup stay put through the day. And there’s no flashback for pictures! Amazing amazing AMAZING! Very comfortable to wear and does’t make your skin feel too dry. I recommend this to anyone that ever asks about setting powder. This paired with my Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray is a match made in makeup heaven. Definitely give it a try if you haven’t already!
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I like this translucent powder a lot. I use it when setting all of the creams. When I'm done applying my primer, foundation, concealer, cream contour, cream highlight, anything cream and then I go right over top of with this powder it sets everything in place nicely and softens it up a little bit so it doesn't look harsh. Personally I've never had any issues with this pattern getting cakey on the skin and I have used it to bake before it's still never left any kind of white cast behind. Although I have heard a few people say that it left a white cast on them common. Did not at all happened to me personally. I think it said nice powder it is comparable but slightly heavier than the Laura Mercier translucent powder I'm not really sure how to explain the difference it's just a thicker formula with more of a yellow tint to it like a banana powder it's not as finely milled as the Laura Mercier, but does a very nice job setting and boring a little bit where it's needed. I thought it did a good job holding up and Lasting throughout the day, but I never know what to give the credit to! If it's the primer or the setting spray or the powder?! I don't know! LOL but seem to hold up nice and never and never looked at all patchy. I would say this was one of my top 3 favorite translucent powders the other is being Laura Mercier and IT Cosmetics bye bye pores translucent loose powder. I've had a good experience it's a nice quality made setting powder.
Whylde_Mamma A.
Helena
I love love love this powder it is so beautiful it works so beautiful on the skin it doesn't settle into your lines and make you look crinkly it has a very very faint Sheen to it you can barely see it but it's there so you've kind of got this lit from within look about you and it works so well with the foundation and with the concealer as well I got this in a little trial-size with the foundation just to see how they work together and I've never had used either product and I have found that it was worth 23 $24 that I bought it for. I absolutely think it was worth the money and I will be buying a full size of both of these products when I'm done with these samples.
Cassie M.
Framingham
Review for: Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder 0.67 oz, Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder 0.19 oz/ 5.4 g more...
Holy Grail setting powder!

BUY THIS, BUY THIS, BUY THIS!

This product is perfect! I have super oily skin and have huge pores, but this powder makes my complexion look amazing. It makes it look healthy without being dewy. It gives me the long wear i need without being powdery or cakey.

I love that this is more affordable than other Sephora brand setting powder. I honestly couldn't recommend this product enough!

5/5 would reccomend
Nicole P.
Boca Raton, FL
Review for: Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder 0.67 oz more...
I just recently bought this powder because, I'll be honest it was 5 dollars cheaper then the Laura Mercier powder. I don't like drugstore powders because all of the ones I've tried have given me horrendous flashback. I also feel like there's a little more product in this powder then the Laura one. It's a little more drying then the Laura one but it really does lock my make up in after an 8 hour shift, and the biggest plus is that it doesn't give me flashback. It's awesome for baking.
Taylor A.
Review for: Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder 0.67 oz more...
I love this setting powder for my face. It keeps my make up from smudging and smearing which I love. It’s very easy to apply I use a big fluffy brush to apply this with. It keeps my make up lasting all day and it’s translucent so it will not affect my make up. I would definitely recommend this to everyone who is in the market for looking for a good setting powder. You get so much product for the money that you spend on it I have had mine for almost 2 years now and I still have plenty of product left. The packaging is pretty cool. It’s kind of bulky and it gets everywhere but I still love it.
Lina B.
Emery S.
Beamsville, ON
Is this good for oily skin? Does it actually work
Maria Paula C.
It works perfect for the braking?
Nataly B.