BY KAT VON D #13 in Powder Foundation

Our compact BFF has all the power of Lock-It Foundation, in pressed powder form.

There’s tons of pigment packed into the silky-soft formula, and it’s so buildable! Lightly sweep across your face to even things out. Then find the areas that need a little extra attention and gently pat or roll the included sponge applicator over them for full coverage control! If you feel like you need to add a little more throughout the day, go for it. Lock-It doesn’t ever get a cakey finish and it stays smooth and matte no matter what for a full 24 hours.

We also love that this powder pairs so well with foundation. Put on a layer of liquid foundation, then apply Lock-It Powder on top! This powder is so versatile, we could go on all day, but we’ll just have to let you see for yourself!

Once you use it, spread the love! Post with #kvdlook

• Do you like the coverage of the powder foundation more th...1 Answers
  • So I have this powder but I am curious what is the best b...4 Answers
  • I love powder foundation because I love the coverage but ...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Lelu F.
yukon
Review for: Light 44, Light 45 more...
Awesome powder. How can you go wrong with it since all of the line has the highest quality products with great ingredients. This powder gives good coverage and stays put all day. Great range of colors and I really love it
CC W.
Review for: Medium 57 more...
I use this powder foundation as a setting powder instead  of as a foundation based.  The package is beautiful however it was tricky for me to open.  I didn’t realize the bottom had a sponge pad for application.  That didn’t matter because I use a fluffy brush for application anyways.
Kloria S.
St Marys WV
Review for: Light 44 more...
These are really heavy, a lot like her liquid foundation. It applies a bit patchy so you really have to blend it in. It is really full coverage for a powder foundation so if you like that it’s definitely the one for you.
Melany K.
Redding , CA
I admire the full coverage of this pressed powder foundation, and color match was acceptable. I bought the color medium 52. Because it’s pressed it was not as messy as a loose powder foundation so I didn’t have to tap the excess off the brush with every use making this convenient for quick touch ups wherever you go! The makeup sponge pad that comes with this compact works well with this powder and blends it onto face well too!
Ruby N.
Delano , CA
Review for: Medium 54 more...
This product was one of my favorites to use! It wasn’t extremely powdery, it was really easy to use, and it lasted almost all day. It blended in very well and I loved using it. Definitely would recommend buying this.
Anika B.
I am a super fan of Kay Von D’s powder foundation. Most full coverage powder foundation I’ve found. Good shade range. A bit pricey. Love the packaging. Will continue to repurchase and recommend to friends and family!
Olivia J.
This is my favorite powder! The flash back is very minimal and it brightens my skin also which I love! The smell isn’t bad what so ever and the price is amazing! I would recommend this to everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tiffany D.
Inman, SC
No words can describe my love for this foundation. The packaging is beautiful. There is no smell, it goes on even, there is an applicator sponge, a MIRROR. So much bang for your buck. It looks amazing on my skin.
Katie G.
Irvine, CA
This is good because it covers imperfections nicely and makes your skin look smooth. I wish it had ingredients that were more beneficial to ones skin, as that’s the only thing holding me back from repurchasing it
Nicole A.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Medium 54, Medium 56 more...
Again Ms. Von D rules the foundation world!!! In my opinion the whole "Lock It" line is just amazing. I've been using both this powder foundation plus the liquid foundation for over 2 years now. I use this powder alone when I just need a quick cover for running errands, appointments etc. Just a few swipes with a powder foundation brush and I have a fully covered face (my brush of choice is the "it" cosmetics Heavenly Luxe #6).
Let's get in to why I love this so much 1st off I do not like thick cake like powder foundation, Kats powder glides on like silk and feels and looks seamless. I move between the shades 54 & 56 depending on the season. The variety of shades offered in Kats line is massively extensive!!!
The foundation wears well on it's own throughout my day, however when I go to work that's when I combine it with the "Lock it" liquid foundation as well.
I have a job that is very physical yet requires a look of glamour at the same time. When these to products are combined the result is airbrushed perfection! Kats foundations do not oxidize at all and the wear time is insane!!!
Overall this is the best foundation line I've ever experienced and I've been wearing makeup for over 20 years. If you are looking for a true full coverage powder foundation then this is it!!!!
On a side note I'm super oily and with the "Lock it" line through the duration of wear time I may have to blott once or twice max!! Even then the foundation stays seamless!!😎👌😎👌😎👌I included a picture of the back of the box to show you the key benefits of this powder😚
Tracey D.
Old Town, FL
Is this any good? Will this look cakey over the lock it foundation?
Lauren O.
Lancaster, NY
I have been looking for a powder foundation that gives full-coverage without leaving your face feeling cakey. Would you recommend this product?
Stephanie V.
Bellflower, CA
Does this actually stay matte all day , without reapplying or blotting ?
Celia L.
Bronx, NY
Do I use this product on its own or do I have to use foundation with it?
Kristin C.
Beverly, MA
Do you prefer this over a liquid foundation?