BY KAT VON D #4 in Powder Foundation

Lock-It Powder Foundation delivers a flawless full coverage finish, in an easy-to-use powder compact. Sweep this silky-soft powder over skin with the included sponge applicator—concentrating coverage by patting or rolling the sponge onto areas that need a little extra attention. Experience total control with this ultra-buildable and blendable formula that promises a flawless matte complexion with extreme long wear.

Touch-up obsessed? Lock-It Powder Foundation’s buildable formula layers beautifully without ever adding weight or cakiness. Try layering over Lock-It Liquid Foundation to lock in and mattify your look for a photo-ready finish, with no added texture. This super-versatile powder visibly smooths and mattifies skin alone or over foundation for soft, comfortable coverage you can control.

Vegan & Cruelty Free.

How To Use:

For full coverage, use sponge and apply powder evenly to face. For buildable coverage, use a brush and apply evenly to face, as desired.

Free of: Parabens

• What do you think about my makeup for today? Good Summer!...1 Answers
  • Do you like the coverage of the powder foundation more th...1 Answers
  • So I have this powder but I am curious what is the best b...4 Answers
Courtney H.
Spring hill, FL
Review for: Light 42 more...
I have a confusing relationship with this product. I am as white as they come, but I have a very neutral undertone. The issue I have is that almost all porcelain shades usually have pink undertones, which is the issue I have with this product. It adds so much warmth and pink to my skin that it is almost unflattering. When I am wearing foundation it isn't as bad, because my foundation has neutral undertones, but I like to wear powder foundation by itself for my daily makeup. I wear it over foundation when I am going out. The coverage is okay. A little goes a long way, which I like. I had high hopes for this product, because it is hard for me to find my color and I was led to believe this brand was known for making very light shades. If you have pink undertones, this is a great product and shade for you. If you are more neutral like me, I would advise against it.
Stacy O.
Middletown, OH
Purchased at: Sephora
It’s ok. It works for my cheek and forehead area. But once it comes to T Zone and chin say good bye. I have dry skin and this lock it powder doesn’t work like it should. It doesn’t play nice with all of my foundations- only a few. At this point I feel like I’m only trying to use it up so I can get rid of it. It might work for others
Emily M.
San Diego, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
I absolutely love this foundation. I have very clear skin so I don’t need liquid foundation, I just use powder. I use it to make my skin tone even and this does the job. This makes my skin look airbrushed and you don’t need it to be caked on which I love!
Mary R.
Purchased at: Sephora
Love love love Kat Von D lockit foundation. It goes on smooth, lasts all day. And doesn't settle into creases. Priced very well and last quite awhile. Packaging is nice and simple. Compact is nice and locks well so easy o carry in handbag and not worry but it opening up. Great foundation!
Colette M.
Monrovia, CA
Review for: Light 49, Medium 52 more...
I’m only giving this four stars because it has been discontinued and it breaks my heart. I love this powder foundation!! It applied very well and it stayed pretty much all day with maybe a touch up here or there but that’s fairly normal with any powder. It had great coverage and it wasn’t Casey looking for heavy feeling. I’m sad they discontinued it.
Tammy M.
Austin, TX
Purchased at: Sephora
I absolutely love this powder! It had amazing coverage and lasts all day. My only challenge is my skin goes from combination to dry various times throughout the year. So when I'm on the drier side I can't use it or it looks flakey.
Monique J.
I love this powder foundation. It blends into the skin and does not cling to my dry patches. The amount of pigment is incredible so you don't have to use much. Once set with setting spray it stays on all day.
Nia N.
Review for: Deep 74 more...
This powder is one of my all-time favorites! I bought mine at Sephora during the VIB sale, as I don’t often see it on sale on the KVD website. It’s a decent shade match, and it gives great coverage. It’s so soft as to be nearly creamy, and the included sponge is an excellent way to apply it to the skin when you’re using this as your only foundation. Over liquid foundation, I recommend using a powder brush so you don’t create overly perfect, mask-like coverage. Yes, this is quite pricey, so I plan to reserve it for special occasions and for comparisons against more economical options. But if you’re looking for a high-end foundation, I definitely recommend this one!
Lacey E.
Hustonville
Purchased at: Sephora
I bought a shade that looked too be about my skin color in the pan. A fairly light shade is what it was marketed as. Once I used it, it showed up orange on me. Don't really reccomend
~Samantha C.
Montebello, CA
Review for: Medium 52 more...
Tracey D.
Old Town, FL
Is this any good? Will this look cakey over the lock it foundation?
Lauren O.
Lancaster, NY
I have been looking for a powder foundation that gives full-coverage without leaving your face feeling cakey. Would you recommend this product?
Celia L.
Bronx, NY
Do I use this product on its own or do I have to use foundation with it?
Stephanie V.
Bellflower, CA
Does this actually stay matte all day , without reapplying or blotting ?
Sarah M.