19 colors available

BY KAT VON D #4 in Powder Foundation

Our compact BFF has all the power of Lock-It Foundation, in pressed powder form.

There’s tons of pigment packed into the silky-soft formula, and it’s so buildable! Lightly sweep across your face to even things out. Then find the areas that need a little extra attention and gently pat or roll the included sponge applicator over them for full coverage control! If you feel like you need to add a little more throughout the day, go for it. Lock-It doesn’t ever get a cakey finish and it stays smooth and matte no matter what for a full 24 hours.

We also love that this powder pairs so well with foundation. Put on a layer of liquid foundation, then apply Lock-It Powder on top! This powder is so versatile, we could go on all day, but we’ll just have to let you see for yourself!

Once you use it, spread the love! Post with #kvdlook

• So I have this powder but I am curious what is the best brush to us...2 Answers
  • I love powder foundation because I love the coverage but I always w...1 Answers
  • How much coverage does this offer and how long does it last? I have...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
genesis d.
genesis d.
esto es algo increíble! Sale a la luz tan suave y pero funciona mucho mejor que un polvo compacto. Me gusta usar maquillaje en polvo para trabajar porque es más rápido de aplicar y no se siente tan pesada de llevar durante todo el día. Esto es fantástico en la propia, y cuando me pongo mi base de maquillaje líquida por los SNIA que se aplica este sobre la parte superior de la misma y funciona igual de maravilloso. Se queda casi completamente mate todo el día, y ofrece una gran cobertura. Kat Von D es una gran marca tan! Yo siempre gravitan hacia los productos KVD y hasta ahora todo lo que he comprado por ella ha sido perfecto. Voy a comprar de nuevo seguro, y sin duda recomendaría este!
Tmarie A.
Tmarie A.
Tucson, AZ
Review for: Light 42
Kat Von D products are always a good choice for full coverage but the shades are never true to skin colour. It made my skin have an unnatural looking orange tone to it. Besides this popular complaint, I have to say it really does work wonders and lasts long. I rarely have to touch up while wearing this powder. I love how this product doesn't run out fast. I have dropped this powder by accident & it hasn't cracked because of the high quality of the packaging. It is thick and makes my complexion look really clear in photos. This powder doesn't dry out my skin either. I wish there was a bigger variety of shades for this product because it really does have good value to it
Sara Z.
Sara Z.
Phoenix, AZ
I used this for quite a long time until I discovered translucent powder!! Lol. This is such a great foundation, I love that it has such full coverage, that if I'm in a hurry and don't have time to do a full on makeup routine, I can just slap this on and it covers beautifully! I would not recommend this for dry skin though, which is why I switched to liquid foundation and translucent powder. I go through seasons of having dryer skin, so this is great for me when I have my normal skin seasons :)
Josephine P.
Josephine P.
Charleston, WV
Let me tell you this first, its not in my shade, its a little bit too dark.. This was my first powder foundation and I wanted a high coverage. I bought it at Sephora and they matched me to it so I guess I got paler or something. I like the feel of the powder its very fine. but the coverage is not what I wanted it like a medium converage. This product smoothes out my skin but it doesnt really last long like I start getting oily around 3-4 hours in and I dont think Id buy this again.
Jeanna D.
Jeanna D.
Review for: Light 45
This shade matches me perfectly, and I like that it is buildable; I use a brush for a sheer coverage, or the sponge that's provided for a fuller coverage. I find that I don't need a concealer with this foundation. It doesn't oxidize as fast as other foundations, and usually lasts me a good 6 hours without it fading or my face becoming oily. After that though, it does make any dry spots I have a lot more noticeable, even if I apply moisturizer and primer underneath.
Sara T.
Sara T.
Denver, CO
I love this stuff. It's one of the best coverage powder foundations I've tried, and it is REALLY bulletproof. Lasts 100% all day, and stays through sweat without getting "pasty" like some other powder foundations. I recommend using the included sponge to apply; I first used a brush and the coverage wasn't as good, and I wasted way too much product. I use Light 45, which is fair with yellow undertones. Great match for my skin and tones down my redness.
Shante F.
Shante F.
Cleveland Hts, OH
Kat Von D Lock It Powder in the shade 74 is a really nice full coverage powder foundation. I love to apply a moisturizing primer or moisturizer first then apply this powder using a dense foundation brush. The finish is matte but it feels great on the skin. The only problem I have with the foundation powder is that it has a orange tint to it. But as long as you use the right primer or moisturizer this Kat Von D Lock It Powder will blend very well!!
Emily M.
Emily M.
First off... The packaging is so amazing. Second... This is such a pricey powder (runs about &32-$35) but it's really incomparable to cheaper brands. I tried to hold off and not buy this powder for so long and kept buying drugstore brands and dupes, but I always came back to playing with this at Sephora and finally purchased it! It's a Stand out product because it's got a buttery, smooth coverage and such a silky smooth finish! Its so perfect!
Misty W.
Misty W.
Yarmouth, ME
I love this powder. I often add it on after my foundation to make my skin look flawless, I have combination to dry skin so this is no easy feat, but this is amazing. I think it is easy to apply and it has a very light scent. My only issue is that some days it oxidizes a bit and looks too dark, but most days it's fine and I love it. I think that when I have oily skin it changes the way the powder works on my skin.
Kristen S.
Kristen S.
Mountville, PA
I think this powder is amazing! My skin gets patchy dry so when this product was recommended to me I thought the consultant was crazy, but she wasn't! It's great, especially if you wash, exfoliate and moisturize your skin before applying the powder. It has an awesome full coverage that hides my freckles, acne scars and redness all without looking caked on. Go try it for yourself. You won't be disappointed!
Lauren O.
Lauren O.
Lancaster, NY
I have been looking for a powder foundation that gives full-coverage without leaving your face feeling cakey. Would you recommend this product?
Celia L.
Celia L.
Bronx, NY
Do I use this product on its own or do I have to use foundation with it?
Stephanie V.
Stephanie V.
Bellflower, CA
Does this actually stay matte all day , without reapplying or blotting ?
Kristin C.
Kristin C.
Beverly, MA
Do you prefer this over a liquid foundation?
Priscilla S.
Priscilla S.
Rochester, NY
Does it make your face cakey or does it stay matte and flawless all day?