BY KAT VON D #13 in Face Primer

Meet Lock-It Foundation’s BFF! This hydrating primer is a pretty smooth move for creating a pure, clean canvas that’s primed and ready for long-wear foundation!

This water-based, fast-absorbing formula is infused with high-tech polymers that minimize the look of pores. With a lightweight, milky consistency, the primer is specially formulated so long-wear, full-coverage foundations (like Lock-It!) glide smoothly and evenly onto skin. When prepped with Lock-It Featherweight Primer, you’ll notice right away that foundation won’t settle into fine lines and your skin will stay hydrated and protected.

Nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba and shea soothe and hydrate your skin, creating that balanced surface that you need for a ridiculously flawless finish. It’s also free of fragrances and dyes, to keep even the most sensitive skin happy and fresh!

Buy on Sephora
Amy J.
Ocala
This is definitely the bffe for foundation wear!! It covers the pours at just the right consistency all over at the right moment give it a try
Krista P.
Pittsburgh, PA
This primer is a very good addition to my foundation. It hydrates my face very week before applying my foundation. I will be purchasing this primer again.
Kelley W.
Asheville, NC
This primer works flawlessly with the lock it foundation. I didn’t really like the foundation until I wore it with this primer. Very smoothing and a little moisturizing
Diana A.
I really loved this primer from Kat von D it makes my face feel really hydrated and it makes my face look so good
Meg E.
Huntsville, TX
Literally use this primer every day. Lightweight & evens out my skin. LOVE THIS PRODUCT
jessica s.
I love this stuff. It may look intimidating because of how white it is but when blended into the skin it becomes completely invisible! It’s super hydrating and will instantly brighten and moisturize your skin. It has a nice tacky feel that I love because the stickiness helps lock in your makeup. Definitely would recommend this.
cynthia C.
I only got a sample of it && it was really good !! I would recommend for Kat von d lovers! 💕
Madalina F.
This primer came out almost the same time as Kat's Lock-It Foundation. The name "hydrating" is very appropriate here, mainly because this is a truly watery, lightweight formula, which goes on so well underneath foundation.

It has no scent to it and blends perfectly. I think it is perfect for someone, whose skin is on a drier side. It can also act as a mixing medium for the foundation Erik, the brand's key make-up artist, often uses this primer together with Kat's liquid lipsticks to create liquid blush. It is that good. I will be repurchasing for sure
Charity B.
Helena
This is my favorite primer. It works well with normal or dry skin. I would not recommend if you have oily skin because it is very hydrating.
Jessica C.
Really good water based hydrating formula with a very thin consistency, I would say it's good for dry to oily skin types just because of the lightweight formula. The only downfall is definitely the smell- almost chemically. I say if you're willing to look past that though, you've got yourself a good quality hydrating primer.
Stacy P.
Bandera, TX
I have large pores and have a problem with them standing out with makeup. I am looking for a product that can help hide my pores along with a few life lines that are letting themselves be known. Anyone use this product that has this issue and how did it work?
Tyler P.
Oak Harbor, WA
I'm wondering if this goes on more like a moisturizer/lotion or sits on your skin to fill in pores?
Shelbi S.
Springfield, OH
I used to have super oily skin and I absolutely loved Kats foundation. Now my skin has dried out substantially and the foundation clings horribly to my dry spots. Will this primer help with that?
Tara V.
Macon, GA
I have very large pores and I have yet to find ANYTHING that helps conceal them. Does this primer help with pores at all?
Lizz G.
Brownsville
Does this help my makeup last longer? Is it better for oily or dry skin?