BY KAT VON D

Meet Lock-It Foundation’s BFF! This hydrating primer is a pretty smooth move for creating a pure, clean canvas that’s primed and ready for long-wear foundation!

This water-based, fast-absorbing formula is infused with high-tech polymers that minimize the look of pores. With a lightweight, milky consistency, the primer is specially formulated so long-wear, full-coverage foundations (like Lock-It!) glide smoothly and evenly onto skin. When prepped with Lock-It Featherweight Primer, you’ll notice right away that foundation won’t settle into fine lines and your skin will stay hydrated and protected.

Nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba and shea soothe and hydrate your skin, creating that balanced surface that you need for a ridiculously flawless finish. It’s also free of fragrances and dyes, to keep even the most sensitive skin happy and fresh!

• Has anyone used this and the M.A.C Cosmetics Prep + Prim...1 Answers
  • How hydrating is this? I struggle using the foundation be...1 Answers
  • Worth it? Does it really keep your makeup in place all day?1 Answers
Kat Von D Lock-it Hydrating Primer
  • "this stuff definitely makes my skin feel hydrated before putting on my makeup. i also use to kvd foundation with this and it helps with the dry patches. wouldn’t say it’s the best primer you could get for this foundation but i do like it a lot! i just think it’s not good for the oily parts of my skin. very convenient and cute packaging that i love and you get a very good amount of product!" in 326 reviews
  • "besides hydrating this keeps my makeup on all day and makes my skin look really nice." in 211 reviews
Gaby R.
I liked this product its very watery but it's not oily . When you apply your makeup its flawless . They say it does not have a "scent" but i like the way it smells . Its very affordable compared to other primer for it being full sized . the only thing i didn't like is that when i apply it to my face , it turns red for about 10 seconds other than that i recommend
Kat F.
Very nice. It works great with the Kat von d lock it foundation. Super hydrating for your face. And keeps the foundation on all day
Diana H.
Elkhart, IN
I use it before I put my makeup on in the morning and it works great. It makes my makeup last longer and makes my skin feel very smooth and soft.
Jennifer T.
California
What can I say about such a great primer? Feather weight makes the lock It foundation even better which I didn't even think was possible. Goes on weightless and smooth, smells amazing as well !
Jhenifer H.
Doylestown, PA
I love this product, the application is great and helps hide my pores. It also helps hide any blemishes.
I love this primer, and it is the one in my daily routine. Hydrating and Greta for dry to normal skin. Probably not the best for oily skin.
Hannah Q.
Okay, this primer is true to its name Lock it. This locks down into your skin and is a great base for foundation. I used this with my Born this Way foundation and it worked so nicely together. It's smooth and easy to apply. It didn't cause breakouts and wasn't thick. I really liked this primer a lot and would recommend to anyone out there. I also have combo/oily skin if that helps.
Raylee S.
Logan
I love this product it really keeps your makeup on all day it’s not very heavy on your face and it’s very light weight
Beth G.
Grand Bay, NB
This is the best primer i have ever used. it is so hydrating and leaves your skin feeling the perfect amount of tacky for your makeup to stick to all day. It does not feel heavy on the face and I always go back to this as my ride or die primer.
Cindy D.
Oakland, CA
This isn't a silicone based primer. It's a liquid primer and because of that I don't think it creates a nice canvas for my foundation. I like that it soaks into the skin and holds your foundation. However, it if you are looking for a primer that will smooth over your pores, this sin't it. It also won't extend the use of your foundation. I used the Kat Von D Foundation with this and the foundation broke up after an hour of use. I do have oily skin, so i don't think this primer helps with that either. This may work better for you if you have dry skin, but this primer didn't really wow me.
Stacy P.
Bandera, TX
I have large pores and have a problem with them standing out with makeup. I am looking for a product that can help hide my pores along with a few life lines that are letting themselves be known. Anyone use this product that has this issue and how did it work?
Tyler P.
Coupeville, WA
I'm wondering if this goes on more like a moisturizer/lotion or sits on your skin to fill in pores?
Shelbi S.
Springfield , OH
I used to have super oily skin and I absolutely loved Kats foundation. Now my skin has dried out substantially and the foundation clings horribly to my dry spots. Will this primer help with that?
Tara V.
Macon, GA
I have very large pores and I have yet to find ANYTHING that helps conceal them. Does this primer help with pores at all?
Lizz G.
Brownsville
Does this help my makeup last longer? Is it better for oily or dry skin?

Sephora