BY KAT VON D #13 in Face Primer

Meet Lock-It Foundation’s BFF! This hydrating primer is a pretty smooth move for creating a pure, clean canvas that’s primed and ready for long-wear foundation!

This water-based, fast-absorbing formula is infused with high-tech polymers that minimize the look of pores. With a lightweight, milky consistency, the primer is specially formulated so long-wear, full-coverage foundations (like Lock-It!) glide smoothly and evenly onto skin. When prepped with Lock-It Featherweight Primer, you’ll notice right away that foundation won’t settle into fine lines and your skin will stay hydrated and protected.

Nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba and shea soothe and hydrate your skin, creating that balanced surface that you need for a ridiculously flawless finish. It’s also free of fragrances and dyes, to keep even the most sensitive skin happy and fresh!

Buy on Sephora
Hannah Q.
Okay, this primer is true to its name Lock it. This locks down into your skin and is a great base for foundation. I used this with my Born this Way foundation and it worked so nicely together. It's smooth and easy to apply. It didn't cause breakouts and wasn't thick. I really liked this primer a lot and would recommend to anyone out there. I also have combo/oily skin if that helps.
Beth G.
Grand Bay-Westfield, NB
This is the best primer i have ever used. it is so hydrating and leaves your skin feeling the perfect amount of tacky for your makeup to stick to all day. It does not feel heavy on the face and I always go back to this as my ride or die primer.
Cindy D.
Sacramento, CA
This isn't a silicone based primer. It's a liquid primer and because of that I don't think it creates a nice canvas for my foundation. I like that it soaks into the skin and holds your foundation. However, it if you are looking for a primer that will smooth over your pores, this sin't it. It also won't extend the use of your foundation. I used the Kat Von D Foundation with this and the foundation broke up after an hour of use. I do have oily skin, so i don't think this primer helps with that either. This may work better for you if you have dry skin, but this primer didn't really wow me.
Jennifer P.
This primer is amazing! Reduces the appearance of pores. Has an amazing moisturizer feel to it. And is very easy to apply. This is my current go to primer.
Andrea T.
This is definitely for the drier skin types, if your skin is combination or oily, it might not do the job as well. But for mature skins or those who are super dry, it's awesome. Tried it on my mom and the makeup lasted in perfect state the whole morning during a graduation event (and weather was kinda hot). So go for it, mature/dry skins.
Lorelei M.
Easthampton, MA
OMG! If you have dry skin, get this! It is a life changer. I used it with the KVD Lock It foundation, which can be drying and my face was dewy. Dewy! For a dry skinned girl, that's like heaven. It's in a pump, which I love, no contamination of the product. At $32, it's mid priced, but good sized and will last a while. Love it!
Corina A.
Wilmington, CA
When this product came out I use to hate it with a passion . Now as time has passed I learned how to use it and love it . This primer works best with a thick foundation . Either from kat von d or another . What I do is mix it depending on how much coverage I want . For example , If I wanted a more dewy look I add more of the primer with the foundation. If I wanted a more Matte / coverage I would do 2 pumps of foundation and one pump of primer . Yes mixing both would work the best instead of applying the primer then foundation .
Samantha L.
An amazing primer that really keeps everything down. It's super light weight but works like its heavy duty. I'm in love because it doesnt change how my foundation looks and really leaves a flawless finish
Jennifer D.
Digby , NS
It helps makeup stay put, but it's so thin, and I feel it isn't as great as other primers I have used. I don't think I will be buying this primer again.
Stephanie B.
north bergen, NJ
I knew I would fall in love with this primer the first time I used it. I received a sample from Sephora and soon after purchased it. I love the way it feels on my skin, my foundation blends so well on top!
Stacy P.
Bandera, TX
I have large pores and have a problem with them standing out with makeup. I am looking for a product that can help hide my pores along with a few life lines that are letting themselves be known. Anyone use this product that has this issue and how did it work?
Tyler P.
Oak Harbor, WA
I'm wondering if this goes on more like a moisturizer/lotion or sits on your skin to fill in pores?
Shelbi S.
Springfield, OH
I used to have super oily skin and I absolutely loved Kats foundation. Now my skin has dried out substantially and the foundation clings horribly to my dry spots. Will this primer help with that?
Tara V.
Macon, GA
I have very large pores and I have yet to find ANYTHING that helps conceal them. Does this primer help with pores at all?
Lizz G.
Brownsville
Does this help my makeup last longer? Is it better for oily or dry skin?