BY KAT VON D #13 in Face Primer

Meet Lock-It Foundation’s BFF! This hydrating primer is a pretty smooth move for creating a pure, clean canvas that’s primed and ready for long-wear foundation!

This water-based, fast-absorbing formula is infused with high-tech polymers that minimize the look of pores. With a lightweight, milky consistency, the primer is specially formulated so long-wear, full-coverage foundations (like Lock-It!) glide smoothly and evenly onto skin. When prepped with Lock-It Featherweight Primer, you’ll notice right away that foundation won’t settle into fine lines and your skin will stay hydrated and protected.

Nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba and shea soothe and hydrate your skin, creating that balanced surface that you need for a ridiculously flawless finish. It’s also free of fragrances and dyes, to keep even the most sensitive skin happy and fresh!

Buy on Sephora
Meg E.
Huntsville, TX
Literally use this primer every day. Lightweight & evens out my skin. LOVE THIS PRODUCT
jessica s.
leweston
I love this stuff. It may look intimidating because of how white it is but when blended into the skin it becomes completely invisible! It’s super hydrating and will instantly brighten and moisturize your skin. It has a nice tacky feel that I love because the stickiness helps lock in your makeup. Definitely would recommend this.
Madalina F.
This primer came out almost the same time as Kat's Lock-It Foundation. The name "hydrating" is very appropriate here, mainly because this is a truly watery, lightweight formula, which goes on so well underneath foundation.

It has no scent to it and blends perfectly. I think it is perfect for someone, whose skin is on a drier side. It can also act as a mixing medium for the foundation Erik, the brand's key make-up artist, often uses this primer together with Kat's liquid lipsticks to create liquid blush. It is that good. I will be repurchasing for sure
Sarah R.
Poca, WV
Definitely like the lotiony texture. Doesn’t feel like lube like some primers do. Super hydrating without being greasy. You can put a thick foundation on this with no issue. The packaging is cute as well
Caitlin A.
Norwich, England
Best primer to use for dry skin!! Keeps my skin looking healthy while making my products ontop last all day
ashleigh w.
kingsport, TN
I love this primer! It doesn't dry out my face and it even smells good. It is amazing! And it lasts a while!
Jaide B.
Somerset , NJ
I love the Lock It primer! It leaves my skin feeling smooth. It is great for dry skin, it provides an extra layer of moisture. It has a natural finish.
Marly F.
This makes my face feel so good when I put my make up on and it's not heavy and it's quite gonna make my face really sucks I'm a big fan
Ari J.
Calgary
I love Kay Von d and everything she comes out with in the makeup world. I use this and it doesn't disappoint one bit. I would recommend buying
Mariah M.
Bloomington Springs, TN
I love anything KVD beauty. This is a kind of hydrating primer leaving a tacky feeling on your face so that your makeup will stick and last all day
Stacy P.
Bandera, TX
I have large pores and have a problem with them standing out with makeup. I am looking for a product that can help hide my pores along with a few life lines that are letting themselves be known. Anyone use this product that has this issue and how did it work?
Tyler P.
Oak Harbor, WA
I'm wondering if this goes on more like a moisturizer/lotion or sits on your skin to fill in pores?
Shelbi S.
Springfield, OH
I used to have super oily skin and I absolutely loved Kats foundation. Now my skin has dried out substantially and the foundation clings horribly to my dry spots. Will this primer help with that?
Tara V.
Macon, GA
I have very large pores and I have yet to find ANYTHING that helps conceal them. Does this primer help with pores at all?
Lizz G.
Brownsville
Does this help my makeup last longer? Is it better for oily or dry skin?