BY KAT VON D #13 in Face Primer

Meet Lock-It Foundation’s BFF! This hydrating primer is a pretty smooth move for creating a pure, clean canvas that’s primed and ready for long-wear foundation!

This water-based, fast-absorbing formula is infused with high-tech polymers that minimize the look of pores. With a lightweight, milky consistency, the primer is specially formulated so long-wear, full-coverage foundations (like Lock-It!) glide smoothly and evenly onto skin. When prepped with Lock-It Featherweight Primer, you’ll notice right away that foundation won’t settle into fine lines and your skin will stay hydrated and protected.

Nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba and shea soothe and hydrate your skin, creating that balanced surface that you need for a ridiculously flawless finish. It’s also free of fragrances and dyes, to keep even the most sensitive skin happy and fresh!

Buy on Sephora
Joanna J.
Lincoln
I received this as a sample while at Sephora and not only did it begin a life long necessity in my makeup game, but it was the entire reason I kept returning to Sephora.
lydia o.
Merced, CA
Love the Kat Von D primer. It works very well with my skin. I use before I put my makeup on and it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth before putting foundation on.
Andrea M.
Nashua
This is the perfect primer it smooths your face perfect lades weightless you can even go ahead and cocktail it with the foundation to give you a lighter application
Alexandria G.
san antonio
I love this primer ! Creamy texture but a bit sticky , natural finish and super easy to apply and blend ! I would def buy again and I don’t know if it has sun protection but i recommend
Allyson S.
Tyngsboro, MA
It’s a no for me. Wanted to love this so badly. Am in love with every other product kat has put out. But this does nothing for me. Feels like a basic moisturizer.
Kelly A.
BETHLEHEM, PA
Best primer I have ever used. Applies like a moisturizer and keeps skin from getting oily throughout the day so your makeup stays the way ylu intended it to look.
Bre B.
Jacksonville, FL
Words can't describe how I feel about this product! It exceeded my expectations and I will defiantly be buying this product again. I 100% recommend this product.
Yanexis T.
Philadelphia
This primer OMG girls let me tell you that it's a mind blowing product , I personally love it , for me it's one of the best for not alot of money , totts recommend!!
Cindy O.
Don't recommend this product at all.. horrible, so hard to apply . You can't moisturizer your face before applying the primer, primer gets really ugly looks lik e your face is peeling
Hannah C.
St Petersburg, FL
While I like writing reviews on products I love, unfortunately there are those where I have to write some for things I don't love so much. I had high hopes for this primer as all of Kat's products I had tried up to this point we're top notch. I found that when I used this before my foundation it didn't make any difference in the longevity or look of the foundation. I have pretty oily skin so when I try out primers my hope is that it keeps my shine and oil at bay but sadly this didn't do either of those. By the end of the day (approx. 9 hours) I would barely touch my face and the makeup would come off on my fingers all oily (ewwww). Where I would recommend the Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation, I can't do the same for the Kat Von D Lock-it Hydrating Primer. Maybe opt for something else.
Stacy P.
Bandera, TX
I have large pores and have a problem with them standing out with makeup. I am looking for a product that can help hide my pores along with a few life lines that are letting themselves be known. Anyone use this product that has this issue and how did it work?
Tyler P.
Oak Harbor, WA
I'm wondering if this goes on more like a moisturizer/lotion or sits on your skin to fill in pores?
Shelbi S.
Springfield, OH
I used to have super oily skin and I absolutely loved Kats foundation. Now my skin has dried out substantially and the foundation clings horribly to my dry spots. Will this primer help with that?
Tara V.
Macon, GA
I have very large pores and I have yet to find ANYTHING that helps conceal them. Does this primer help with pores at all?
Lizz G.
Brownsville
Does this help my makeup last longer? Is it better for oily or dry skin?