BY KAT VON D #33 in Face Primer

Meet Lock-It Foundation’s BFF! This hydrating primer is a pretty smooth move for creating a pure, clean canvas that’s primed and ready for long-wear foundation!

This water-based, fast-absorbing formula is infused with high-tech polymers that minimize the look of pores. With a lightweight, milky consistency, the primer is specially formulated so long-wear, full-coverage foundations (like Lock-It!) glide smoothly and evenly onto skin. When prepped with Lock-It Featherweight Primer, you’ll notice right away that foundation won’t settle into fine lines and your skin will stay hydrated and protected.

Nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba and shea soothe and hydrate your skin, creating that balanced surface that you need for a ridiculously flawless finish. It’s also free of fragrances and dyes, to keep even the most sensitive skin happy and fresh!

Buy on Sephora
  • "this stuff definitely makes my skin feel hydrated before putting on my makeup. i also use to kvd foundation with this and it helps with the dry patches. wouldn’t say it’s the best primer you could get for this foundation but i do like it a lot! i just think it’s not good for the oily parts of my skin. very convenient and cute packaging that i love and you get a very good amount of product!" in 326 reviews
  • "besides hydrating this keeps my makeup on all day and makes my skin look really nice." in 211 reviews
Tiffani N.
Love this primer I have tried many, but nothing compare to this primer not greasy and leaves my face soft and keeps my make up from drying out! Kat Von D Lock-it Hydrating Primer
Kelley W.
Asheville, NC
This primer works flawlessly with the lock it foundation. I didn’t really like the foundation until I wore it with this primer. Very smoothing and a little moisturizing
Syeda I.
I very much hated the Kat Von D Lock it foundation, however I really liked this primer a lot! This primer is really light weight so it doesn't feel heavy on face at all. It goes on smooth, it's not sticky and it's long lasting as well. This primer is really moisturizing and hydrating and although I am a really oily skin girl, this primer did not make me greasy at all. It actually gave me the normal amount of moisture that my face needs. Also, You only need a small amount of this so this primer actually lasted me a really long time. The only thing I sort of didn't like was the smell. It has sort of a chemical scent to it, not too strong but it is there and really not a fan of it.
Andrea D.
St Louis
This product really performs best when used with companion foundation it is a hydrating easy to apply primer, in my opinion for person with dry skin.  Meaningful for aging skin like mine and individuals that require hydration for problem areas. I wear it alone many times without foundation, because of its awesome matte finish it is lightweight and I just love the feel of it   The packaging says it is infused with aloe vera, jojoba and shea butter, these ingredient are naturally good for the skin, all skin types.  And actually I just love the product and my friends love it too.
Kat S.
San Francisco, CA
I have super dry skin. I have a great facial moisturizer that I LOVE, although I find it is always good to pair it with a primer before starting my concealer and foundation. This primer is very hydrating and keeps my makeup from slipping. I have just recently become a HUGE fan of Kat Von D- I use her foundation, concealer, and primer in combination. If you have dry skin and you are looking for a primer- this one is for you!
Brooke H.
Indianapolis, IN
I have sensitive, dry skin and this primer works wonders for my. My skin feels soft and it really helps keep my foundation in place. It is a little pricey but worth the price in my opinion. Plus the packaging looks beautiful so it just adds a great look to my makeup counter. Definitely will buy again. If you are iffy on it, I would recommend getting a sample from Sephora and trying it out.
Sarah C.
Salinas, CA
this stuff is so moisturizing! my skin felt so hydrated and soft. works so well with the lock it foundation, but also works really well with a couple other foundations that ive tried. keeps my makeup on all day and keeps my face hydrated the whole time. doesn't have a weird smell or anything either. I have to mention that it is very similar to the Too Faced rx hangover primer. love them both! new favorite tho!
Chloe H.
I purchased this primer when I purchased the Kat Von D foundation. I have combination skin and I've found that the foundation makes my skin look dry in some spots and oily in others. I'm not sure if a different primer would take care of that problem or if the foundation is the problem. I like the consistency of this primer and overall it's nice. I like the packaging as well.
Amanda G.
Kent, wa
BEST PRIMER EVER!!! It's more I have a lotion primer not a silicone primer and that's what I like about it you only need one pump and that covers your whole face and your neck it's a little expensive but it's worth it you get one fluid ounce. And it smells amazing you can buy this at Sephora
Kelly C.
Glen Burnie, MD
I purchased this foundation after trying the too faced hangover primer. I use this primer once in a while but I wouldn't call it my go too. It hides pores well and hydrates my skin. I use this more in the winter time when my skin gets dry since my skin has turned more combination/oily. This item in my opinion would work best with the Kat Von D Lock it foundation.
Stacy P.
Bandera, TX
I have large pores and have a problem with them standing out with makeup. I am looking for a product that can help hide my pores along with a few life lines that are letting themselves be known. Anyone use this product that has this issue and how did it work?
Tyler P.
Coupeville, WA
I'm wondering if this goes on more like a moisturizer/lotion or sits on your skin to fill in pores?
Shelbi S.
Springfield , OH
I used to have super oily skin and I absolutely loved Kats foundation. Now my skin has dried out substantially and the foundation clings horribly to my dry spots. Will this primer help with that?
Tara V.
Macon, GA
I have very large pores and I have yet to find ANYTHING that helps conceal them. Does this primer help with pores at all?
Lizz G.
Brownsville
Does this help my makeup last longer? Is it better for oily or dry skin?