BY KAT VON D #13 in Face Primer

Meet Lock-It Foundation’s BFF! This hydrating primer is a pretty smooth move for creating a pure, clean canvas that’s primed and ready for long-wear foundation!

This water-based, fast-absorbing formula is infused with high-tech polymers that minimize the look of pores. With a lightweight, milky consistency, the primer is specially formulated so long-wear, full-coverage foundations (like Lock-It!) glide smoothly and evenly onto skin. When prepped with Lock-It Featherweight Primer, you’ll notice right away that foundation won’t settle into fine lines and your skin will stay hydrated and protected.

Nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba and shea soothe and hydrate your skin, creating that balanced surface that you need for a ridiculously flawless finish. It’s also free of fragrances and dyes, to keep even the most sensitive skin happy and fresh!

Buy on Sephora
Emily H.
Today was the first time I ever used this product. I have sensitive and combination skin. I liked that there is a pump instead of a squeeze bottle, like other primers. I also like that it feels like skin when it is applied as opposed to the silicone feeling in other primers. It did make my skin look hydrated. But I also felt like it made my foundation around my mouth look a little cakey. Maybe I need to use it again and see what happens. It made my skin look glowing and healthy which I liked. I also found that I have to use a lot of powder to set everything as opposed to just baking and thinking my face will be set. I know that it is a hydrating primer but it made my skin kind of look oily at the end of the day. Overall, I liked it for using it for the first time. I think I just need to play with it some more and see what works and what doesn't.
Missy S.
It's good and the price is good as well. It's very water based so for me, since I go through oily skin and I need the coverage, I mix it with the fenty primer and spray some too faced primer to let the makeup stay a bit more and cover more.

I do not recommend using this solo, unless you just want basic coverage. Again though, I have acne and large pores so this doesn't really cover for me.
Aubrianna p.
Piedmont, SC
This stuff definitely makes my skin feel hydrated before putting on my makeup. I also use to kvd foundation with this and it helps with the dry patches. Wouldn’t say it’s the best primer you could get for this foundation but i do like it a lot! I just think it’s not good for the oily parts of my skin. Very convenient and cute packaging that I love and you get a very good amount of product!
Anna L.
Suwanee, GA
I'm a fan. I have combination skin and I'm never putting on makeup for just a short stent...so I need staying power and that requires starting with a fresh and hydrated face and a TOP NOTCH primer...especially if your like me and trying (and slowly achieving) to master contouring. This is an excellent primer and worth the price.
jessica s.
leweston
I love this stuff. It may look intimidating because of how white it is but when blended into the skin it becomes completely invisible! It’s super hydrating and will instantly brighten and moisturize your skin. It has a nice tacky feel that I love because the stickiness helps lock in your makeup. Definitely would recommend this.
Andrea D.
St Louis
This product really performs best when used with companion foundation it is a hydrating easy to apply primer, in my opinion for person with dry skin.  Meaningful for aging skin like mine and individuals that require hydration for problem areas. I wear it alone many times without foundation, because of its awesome matte finish it is lightweight and I just love the feel of it   The packaging says it is infused with aloe vera, jojoba and shea butter, these ingredient are naturally good for the skin, all skin types.  And actually I just love the product and my friends love it too.
Wendy C.
Love this primer for my fall/winter dry skin!!! This primer feels hydrating without feel greasy and IMO it’s lightweight.

I’ve used this with Kat’s foundation as well as the Wetnwild photofocus,Estée Lauder,Too Faced And Maybelline and had no issues...this primer works amazing and if you have dry skin you need this!

This doesn’t do much for minimizing pores but it’s not a big deal and just using a little bit of Maybelline Baby Skin or Benefit Porefessional on pores that are a issue is all I need for a quick fix. The clear bottle is great too to see when your getting low.
Courtney T.
Farmington
I do not like this primer whatsoever. It smells fantastic but it does not do a good job from my personal experience. They say Kat males her own primer because it is one must to use her primer with her foundation but I use a different brand because the primer seriously just sucks for me.
Amanda L.
Gfafb, ND
This is my favorite high end primer 😍😍😍😍 a Little goes a long ways, it smells beautiful, and absorbed right away. If you’re looking for a non-silicone primer this is a must try! Price is higher than drugstore but you only need a little and the bottle uses all of the product
Alexandria B.
Mabscott, WV
I live for Kay Von D's lock it foundation, so I HAD to try this! It goes on pretty smooth and my skin feels good with it on. It doesn't make my skin feel like there's heavy layers of caked on makeup on it! Also, my make up has a flawless finish when using this! I love it.
Jorden F.
South Hetton , Durham
I want a new primer and know this is one of the best people have recommended I just want to know if it actually keeps makeup on as long as it says it does
elizabeth c.
Mississauga
i really wanted to try this is it wort the money
Alyssa L.
Is this good for dry skin. I'm debating on this one or the too faced hangover & Marc Jacobs coconut primer.
LEAR22172 MARIA N.
how is it? It helps makeup last longer?
Logan S.
Hilton, NY
I love Kay's products. How is this for oily skin?