BY KAT VON D #25 in Face Primer

Meet Lock-It Foundation’s BFF! This hydrating primer is a pretty smooth move for creating a pure, clean canvas that’s primed and ready for long-wear foundation!

This water-based, fast-absorbing formula is infused with high-tech polymers that minimize the look of pores. With a lightweight, milky consistency, the primer is specially formulated so long-wear, full-coverage foundations (like Lock-It!) glide smoothly and evenly onto skin. When prepped with Lock-It Featherweight Primer, you’ll notice right away that foundation won’t settle into fine lines and your skin will stay hydrated and protected.

Nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba and shea soothe and hydrate your skin, creating that balanced surface that you need for a ridiculously flawless finish. It’s also free of fragrances and dyes, to keep even the most sensitive skin happy and fresh!

• How hydrating is this? I struggle using the foundation be...1 Answers
  • Worth it? Does it really keep your makeup in place all day?1 Answers
  • Once again I'm struggling to find a decent primer, can I ...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "this stuff definitely makes my skin feel hydrated before putting on my makeup. i also use to kvd foundation with this and it helps with the dry patches. wouldn’t say it’s the best primer you could get for this foundation but i do like it a lot! i just think it’s not good for the oily parts of my skin. very convenient and cute packaging that i love and you get a very good amount of product!" in 326 reviews
  • "besides hydrating this keeps my makeup on all day and makes my skin look really nice." in 211 reviews
ISABELLA S.
Scottsdale, AZ
I got this product because I wanted a long wearing primer that wouldn’t make my makeup slip and slide all over the place. I have combination skin, so when I used it on the dry areas of my face, the primer worked amazing! However, when I would put the primer all over including my T- zone, this primer didn’t do anything for the shine. I know this is a hydrating primer and it’s not meant to have a mattefying the fact, but if you’re like me and you have an oily T-zone then I recommend using this primer in the dryer areas of your face and using a matte primer in yourT-zone
Marissa R.
This paired well with the Kat Von D Foundation, but didn’t do much with my other foundations. It comes out white and disappears clear, and feels very watery and lightweight. I have very oily skin with large pores and it didn’t address either of those concerns, but it does help the foundation feel smooth and hydrating. The only thing I didn’t like was the packaging, because I felt like I couldn’t get out the last 1/2 inch or so. I even broke open the packaging but there wasn’t a way to get it out.
Danika K.
Although the foundation being a flop for me, I ended up really liking the primer. I had to steal some from my mom because I liked it so much, and eventually went and bought my own. It gives me a nice base and I love the way it makes my skin feel. I love applying it with a brush or a damp beauty blending and applying a bit of powder over top. Even though I am oily, and this is a hydrating primer, it doesn't make me too over the top oily!!!!
Carmen R.
Katy, TX
Believe it or not...I have oily skin and big pores, and this has been the absolute best primer I have ever tried. This replaced my moisturizer so it’s like two products in one. Not cakey looking at all and feels so nice to put on. I should note that I have only tried this with the Kat Von D foundation...not sure how it wears under others.
Jasmine A.
Phoenix
This primer feels so amazing one the skin, but the primer was not actually for my skin type. It was too hydrating that when it got to the point where my skin tends to be more oily, my makeup literally just fell apart. I wish I had a more dry skin to use this primer, because it smelled great and it felt so amazing on the skin.
Caitlyn M.
Monument Bch, MA
Got a sample of this from a friend and I really can’t wait to purchase this, there was enough in the sample for two applications... I wore it once with a full face and once with nothing but the primer and I have to say I’m impressed. Will be purchasing this cruelty free vegan HYDRATING face primer!
Shasha S.
Wendy C.
Love this primer for my fall/winter dry skin!!! This primer feels hydrating without feel greasy and IMO it’s lightweight.

I’ve used this with Kat’s foundation as well as the Wetnwild photofocus,Estée Lauder,Too Faced And Maybelline and had no issues...this primer works amazing and if you have dry skin you need this!

This doesn’t do much for minimizing pores but it’s not a big deal and just using a little bit of Maybelline Baby Skin or Benefit Porefessional on pores that are a issue is all I need for a quick fix. The clear bottle is great too to see when your getting low.
Monique V.
Palmdale, CA
This primer is amazing!! A little goes a long ways & is for sure worth the price. It’s on the higher end so expect to pay more but get a bang for your buck! My skin felt hydrated and my makeup stayed put!
✨MaryJane E.
Kat Von D Lock- It Primer is freaking AMAZING! It's a very matte finish. It's great to apply after putting on moisturizer. Mix two pumps of this with one pump of foundation and you're set. Apply some translucent powder afterwards and your skin will look so flawless & radiant.
Chloe G.
Folkestone
Once again I'm struggling to find a decent primer, can I ha e honest opinions on this please?
Sasha R.
Miami Gardens, FL
Is this primer setting on the same level as smashbox/ benefit primer? Like is it worth the $$$?? Is there more product in the container? Does it apply on smoothly and minimize pores?
Stephanie M.
How is this primer on really dry skin?
LEAR22172 MARIA N.
how is it? It helps makeup last longer?
Alyssa L.
Is this good for dry skin. I'm debating on this one or the too faced hangover & Marc Jacobs coconut primer.