BY KAT VON D

Meet Lock-It Foundation’s BFF! This hydrating primer is a pretty smooth move for creating a pure, clean canvas that’s primed and ready for long-wear foundation!

This water-based, fast-absorbing formula is infused with high-tech polymers that minimize the look of pores. With a lightweight, milky consistency, the primer is specially formulated so long-wear, full-coverage foundations (like Lock-It!) glide smoothly and evenly onto skin. When prepped with Lock-It Featherweight Primer, you’ll notice right away that foundation won’t settle into fine lines and your skin will stay hydrated and protected.

Nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba and shea soothe and hydrate your skin, creating that balanced surface that you need for a ridiculously flawless finish. It’s also free of fragrances and dyes, to keep even the most sensitive skin happy and fresh!

• Has anyone used this and the M.A.C Cosmetics Prep + Prim...1 Answers
  • How hydrating is this? I struggle using the foundation be...1 Answers
  • Worth it? Does it really keep your makeup in place all day?1 Answers
Kat Von D Lock-it Hydrating Primer
  • "this stuff definitely makes my skin feel hydrated before putting on my makeup. i also use to kvd foundation with this and it helps with the dry patches. wouldn’t say it’s the best primer you could get for this foundation but i do like it a lot! i just think it’s not good for the oily parts of my skin. very convenient and cute packaging that i love and you get a very good amount of product!" in 326 reviews
  • "besides hydrating this keeps my makeup on all day and makes my skin look really nice." in 211 reviews
Isabella S.
Scottsdale , AZ
I got this product because I wanted a long wearing primer that wouldn’t make my makeup slip and slide all over the place. I have combination skin, so when I used it on the dry areas of my face, the primer worked amazing! However, when I would put the primer all over including my T- zone, this primer didn’t do anything for the shine. I know this is a hydrating primer and it’s not meant to have a mattefying the fact, but if you’re like me and you have an oily T-zone then I recommend using this primer in the dryer areas of your face and using a matte primer in yourT-zone
Danika K.
Although the foundation being a flop for me, I ended up really liking the primer. I had to steal some from my mom because I liked it so much, and eventually went and bought my own. It gives me a nice base and I love the way it makes my skin feel. I love applying it with a brush or a damp beauty blending and applying a bit of powder over top. Even though I am oily, and this is a hydrating primer, it doesn't make me too over the top oily!!!!
AryBrazy ..
Chicago
(Disclaimer, this is what happened to me, and my opinion and etc)
It’s Horrible, it’s SUPER thin! It doesn’t last long at all, and showes all of my pores, it does not help at all, It makes my skin a lot more dry and makes my skin very red, and I was disappointed, at first I didn’t care, but I started using it for about 2 weeks, and it broke me out so bad! And I do not like the formula, I do not recommend this!
Megs 🖤.
Milwaukee
Perfect for dry to normal skin types! This has a very similar consistency to Too Faced Hangover Primer and feels more like a moisturizer! I use this before any type of foundation finish and it works well on my dryer skin type. More affordable of the primers in Sephora. Recommend for dry skin especially! Kat Von D Lock-it Hydrating Primer
Sara P.
Naples
By far Kat Von D is one of my favorite products, with everything. The primer is great because I have combo skin type, and this helps hydrate my face without making it oily. I noticed a big difference when using this product. Sometimes the foundation can be dry, in certain elements, so this primer really helped for that.
Caitlyn M.
Monument Bch, MA
Got a sample of this from a friend and I really can’t wait to purchase this, there was enough in the sample for two applications... I wore it once with a full face and once with nothing but the primer and I have to say I’m impressed. Will be purchasing this cruelty free vegan HYDRATING face primer!
Shasha S.
Wendy C.
Milwaukee, WI
Love this primer for my fall/winter dry skin!!! This primer feels hydrating without feel greasy and IMO it’s lightweight.

I’ve used this with Kat’s foundation as well as the Wetnwild photofocus,Estée Lauder,Too Faced And Maybelline and had no issues...this primer works amazing and if you have dry skin you need this!

This doesn’t do much for minimizing pores but it’s not a big deal and just using a little bit of Maybelline Baby Skin or Benefit Porefessional on pores that are a issue is all I need for a quick fix. The clear bottle is great too to see when your getting low.
Megan S.
Corbin
I used this for a while when my face was very dry. It did hydrate my skin and my makeup went on nicely. However during the day as my skin produced more oil, I began to get greasy fairly quickly. It’s possibly just my skin. I didn’t see any change in my pores. It was ok and probably would work very well for someone with chronic dry skin.
✨MaryJane E.
Kat Von D Lock- It Primer is freaking AMAZING! It's a very matte finish. It's great to apply after putting on moisturizer. Mix two pumps of this with one pump of foundation and you're set. Apply some translucent powder afterwards and your skin will look so flawless & radiant.
Stacy P.
Bandera, TX
I have large pores and have a problem with them standing out with makeup. I am looking for a product that can help hide my pores along with a few life lines that are letting themselves be known. Anyone use this product that has this issue and how did it work?
Tyler P.
Coupeville, WA
I'm wondering if this goes on more like a moisturizer/lotion or sits on your skin to fill in pores?
Shelbi S.
Springfield , OH
I used to have super oily skin and I absolutely loved Kats foundation. Now my skin has dried out substantially and the foundation clings horribly to my dry spots. Will this primer help with that?
Tara V.
Macon, GA
I have very large pores and I have yet to find ANYTHING that helps conceal them. Does this primer help with pores at all?
Lizz G.
Brownsville
Does this help my makeup last longer? Is it better for oily or dry skin?

Sephora