BY KAT VON D #9 in Face Primer

Meet Lock-It Foundation’s BFF! This hydrating primer is a pretty smooth move for creating a pure, clean canvas that’s primed and ready for long-wear foundation!

This water-based, fast-absorbing formula is infused with high-tech polymers that minimize the look of pores. With a lightweight, milky consistency, the primer is specially formulated so long-wear, full-coverage foundations (like Lock-It!) glide smoothly and evenly onto skin. When prepped with Lock-It Featherweight Primer, you’ll notice right away that foundation won’t settle into fine lines and your skin will stay hydrated and protected.

Nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, jojoba and shea soothe and hydrate your skin, creating that balanced surface that you need for a ridiculously flawless finish. It’s also free of fragrances and dyes, to keep even the most sensitive skin happy and fresh!

Buy on Sephora
Emily H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Today was the first time I ever used this product. I have sensitive and combination skin. I liked that there is a pump instead of a squeeze bottle, like other primers. I also like that it feels like skin when it is applied as opposed to the silicone feeling in other primers. It did make my skin look hydrated. But I also felt like it made my foundation around my mouth look a little cakey. Maybe I need to use it again and see what happens. It made my skin look glowing and healthy which I liked. I also found that I have to use a lot of powder to set everything as opposed to just baking and thinking my face will be set. I know that it is a hydrating primer but it made my skin kind of look oily at the end of the day. Overall, I liked it for using it for the first time. I think I just need to play with it some more and see what works and what doesn't.
Aubrianna p.
Piedmont, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff definitely makes my skin feel hydrated before putting on my makeup. I also use to kvd foundation with this and it helps with the dry patches. Wouldn’t say it’s the best primer you could get for this foundation but i do like it a lot! I just think it’s not good for the oily parts of my skin. Very convenient and cute packaging that I love and you get a very good amount of product!
Andrea D.
St Louis
This product really performs best when used with companion foundation it is a hydrating easy to apply primer, in my opinion for person with dry skin.  Meaningful for aging skin like mine and individuals that require hydration for problem areas. I wear it alone many times without foundation, because of its awesome matte finish it is lightweight and I just love the feel of it   The packaging says it is infused with aloe vera, jojoba and shea butter, these ingredient are naturally good for the skin, all skin types.  And actually I just love the product and my friends love it too.
Wendy C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this primer for my fall/winter dry skin!!! This primer feels hydrating without feel greasy and IMO it’s lightweight.

I’ve used this with Kat’s foundation as well as the Wetnwild photofocus,Estée Lauder,Too Faced And Maybelline and had no issues...this primer works amazing and if you have dry skin you need this!

This doesn’t do much for minimizing pores but it’s not a big deal and just using a little bit of Maybelline Baby Skin or Benefit Porefessional on pores that are a issue is all I need for a quick fix. The clear bottle is great too to see when your getting low.
Donna P.
Easton
Beauty Junkie Expert
Best primer I have tried recently and I am in love. I have unfortunately fallen asleep with my make-up on and it was still flawless in the morning. I have went without it and my make-up has lasted only about 12 hours. Love the packaging art work as well as the pump and the fact that I can see how much product is still left. The only con is it can tend to not let some foundations sit on top to well and wish it would dry down just a tad faster. But over all I am impressed
Holly M.
Metairie, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Excellent primer. Really locks in makeup and helps keep my oils at bay. Was so easy to apply and use. I didn’t really think it helped with pore coverage but it did keep me Matte. It stoked me out with how Matte my face was but I enjoyed it. Purchased mine in mini size from Sephora and I would recommend this if you have oily skin like me. Works well with the lock it foundation. I like how Matte it is. Will consider buying a full size in the future
Elena N.
Weehawken , NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Best primer ever ! Super moisturizer and soft ! Great smell , don’t make me oily at all and fix perfectly my foundation all day or night long. Price on average by absolutely worth it! You can use this also with other foundation not just with KVD foundation
Hannah N.
Little Rock, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my go to primer. It’s great at moisturizing my face. It makes my make up literally lock to my face. It made it stay on all day. It helped conceal my pores and did not clog them. I will be buying this again.
Kaila S.
Houston
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is so good for if your going to do a lot of makeup or if your going out for the night this literally keeps your makeup on all day this is one of my favorite primers to use whenever I want to do a bold look and have it looking nice all day
Kate S.
Blue bell , PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ok so I’m not really a fan of this mainly because I prefer a gel primer more my smash box or Mary Kay. Mainly cause it feels like a lotion and give a tacky feeling as it sets for and with my foundation which I really don’t like. My foundation just doesn’t feel like it sits right and feels streaky but that’s just how I feel. If you like that in a primer though this is definitely it and recommend trying / getting it.
Stacy P.
Bandera, TX
I have large pores and have a problem with them standing out with makeup. I am looking for a product that can help hide my pores along with a few life lines that are letting themselves be known. Anyone use this product that has this issue and how did it work?
Tara V.
Macon, GA
I have very large pores and I have yet to find ANYTHING that helps conceal them. Does this primer help with pores at all?
Tyler P.
Oak harbor, WA
I'm wondering if this goes on more like a moisturizer/lotion or sits on your skin to fill in pores?
Shelbi S.
Springfield, OH
I used to have super oily skin and I absolutely loved Kats foundation. Now my skin has dried out substantially and the foundation clings horribly to my dry spots. Will this primer help with that?
Diana F.
Madera, CA
I have been looking for a knew primer I have dry/normal skin depends on the weather, I also have very sensitive skin will this primer work out for me ?