32 colors available

BY KAT VON D #23 in Liquid Foundation

SAME RAD FORMULA, SLEEK NEW LOOK!

Notice something different? We gave Lock-It a sharp new look, but don’t worry, we didn’t touch the formula!

Lock-It Foundation rocks so hard! Creamy and pigmented, it’s the only long-wear liquid formula we can count on to create a perfect canvas.

One little pump is all it takes to even out discoloration, stop shine and hide blemishes! The coverage is AMAZING, whether you apply with a brush or a sponge. And it’s so long-wear, we can go a full 24 hours without touching up or re-applying (Kat herself has put this to the test). That velvety matte finish will stay flawless through hell or high water!

Science nerds, pay attention! Formulated with 21% pigment, our powerful potion is loaded with proprietary pigments plus an exclusive blend of siliconic elastomers and siliconic esters which bind the formula, so your foundation stays fade-free and transfer- proof! Lock-It, you always have us looking and feeling like a total goddess.

The bottle features an innovative airless chamber design that prevents contamination and maintains Lock-It’s rich consistency. That means you get a fresh, precisely measured dose with every pump!

Rule the Lock-It look! Share your pretty face on Instagram with #kvdlook.

#VeganAlert!

• How long does a full bottle of this last? I'm getting the estee lau...3 Answers
  • How does this work on combination skin? I want to try it but I'm ne...1 Answers
  • Anyone tried any Kat Von D Makeup? What are your thoughts ?💋💋 Kat ...6 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Mayelin H.
Mayelin H.
Lancaster, PA
Review for: Light 45 Neutral
Bought this recently after got a referral from my makeup class instructor "Makeup by Sarias" and do not regret the purchase one bit. Perfect coverage, a little product goes a long way. Will stick to this product!!!
Bethany W.
Bethany W.
This stuff!
After trying any drug store brand I could, I took the dive and spent $35 on this.
You really need to sample two or three colors and wear them for a bit, browse the store, and come back and see how it looks. Some reviews say it oxidizes and turns orange-ish on you. I think they weren't properly matched with a color. You need to understand your skins undertones to get the right match. This stuff sets very quickly, so work on small areas at a time. Then re-dampen your beauty blender and buff out the areas that need more blending. A little goes a long way! One small pump and I've done my whole face. This is HIGHLY pigmented, so you will look very flat afterwards. You have to use blush, bronzer, and a highlighter to add demention to your face afterwards. I do a light color correction before putting it on (after primer!), and only need a dab more of correction under my eyes after I use it. Blend your hairline very well after too. You'll have a totally blank canvas after using!
courtney c.
courtney c.
Durham, NC
My favorite all time favorite foundation is the NARS Sheer-glow foundation so trying this foundation out was a bit of a change for me. I had very bad acne when I was a teenager so I have some hyper pigmentation and scaring on my cheeks and chin and was looking for a new foundation to try out. The formula is very think but also very blendable. I have found that the best way to apply it is using a beauty sponge. With a brush, I felt like I was blending and working the foundation into my skin for quite some time. It is very full coverage which is great if that is what you are looking for and less is 100% more with this product. If you use too much it can look very cakey by the end of the day. For me, it was not 100% transfer proof and I found that I do have to apply a powder throughout the day to keep a true matte finish. Overall this has become one of my most loved foundations and the color range selection is pretty good as well!
Xaena S.
Xaena S.
Fayetteville, NC
Review for: Other
I tried this as a sample first from Sephora and fell in love. I've heard it's very heavy so I was a little nervous to buy it which is why I got a sample. I think everyone knows how small the sample size from Sephora is, right? Well this stuff is so full coverage and amazing that that little amount of product would probably last a couple days. I did my whole face with just a couple drops of this stuff and it covered every blemish and mark on my face without feeling heavy and gross. It blended out so easily. And the shade was a PERFECT match to my skin tone which has been a struggle for me. It held up very well throughout a whole day at work. No breaking apart or rubbing off. I can get kind of oily in my t-zone, but that didn't disturb the foundation at all. It did crack a little in my smile lines so I had to take a star away for that. However it is still a great value for money considering how little you actually need to use at a time. I would definitely recommend.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Lincoln, NE
I absolutely hated this foundation. First it's so pricey especially when you buy two different colors like I did. Both colors came out very orange.
Brandy S.
Brandy S.
Fall Branch, TN
I heard great reviews about this product, especially for people with oily skin that needed extra coverage. Me. Unfortunately, this formula is so thick that it doesn't blend well into the skin, resulting in a patchy finish. It also settles badly into any texture the skin has, at least for me. If you don't have much texture, it's probably fine. The full coverage is great. I can't complain except that it doesn't blend well and finishes so patchy on me. Also, I do love that there is a huge range of shades from very very light to very dark, to cater to all skin tones. It just didn't work out for me.
Liv H.
Liv H.
So, I'm traumatized by this foundation. I tried it out once when I was at Sephora, just got a little on the back of my hand and applied it with my fingers.. it went on SO thick. Then my sister said it was streaky, so seeing as I was out in public, I tried putting a dab more on to make it look normal, but it was impossible to blend. I couldn't get it off the back of my hand for the life of me. Even after scrubbing it with makeup remover. Once I got home I ran to wash my face, but every time I rinsed it off the towel still had makeup on it. I think I washed my face three times with my clarisonic before it was totally gone.
Louise K.
Louise K.
Review for: Other
I got this foundation in light 42 neutral and so glad I have found a foundation light enough to for me. There is even one lighter L41. It gives me high coverage that helps cover the redness from my ache prone skin. I would buy again only downside is it can feel a bit heavy but that's to be expected with full coverage.
Lori A.
Lori A.
Review for: Deep 67 Cool
I got this as a sample from sephora and a couple of pros, a little goes a longgg way, it lasted forever. It's mega full coverage. Cons, as an oily skin gal, I shone through and the foundation separated in no time, which is why I didn't decide to purchase. But for persons with dryer skin, or shave some marks it's a great buy.
Lyne A.
Lyne A.
Jacksonville, FL
Review for: Medium 59 Neutral
Super heavy full coverage matte foundation! Im oily skin type and everytime i wear this i feel like i have mask on. Its so heavy that feels so uncomfortable! And it does deoxidices too! Wont buy it again!
Brittney W.
Brittney W.
Does this foundation oxidise? And do you think it's worth the price?
Franki G.
Franki G.
How long does this last and out of 10 what if the coverage?
Kayla P.
Kayla P.
Ann Arbor, MI
How long did it stay on for? Did you have to do any touch ups?
Perry R.
Perry R.
Tacoma, WA
I usually use store brand foundations; if I order this foundation online, is there a scale of something that shows the shade equivalency?
Andrea G.
Andrea G.
Does this foundation oxidize and is there any flashback? I have very oily skin