13 colors available

BY KAT VON D #22 in Liquid Foundation

A high-pigment foundation for full coverage that leaves a long-lasting, beautiful finish. Kat Von D created this foundation to provide exceptional coverage without compromising a smooth, striking finish. Formulated with 21 percent pigment, this powerful formula was developed with proprietary pigments to match a broad range of skintones with bold, full coverage. The combination of raw materials and the best siliconic elastomers and siliconic esters provide 24-hour wear with transfer resistance. Natural polymers absorb oil for a matte, soft finish, and the added emollients provide a velvety texture for perfectly-smooth, hydrated skin. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Synthetic Fragrances Lock-It Foundation's innovative airless chamber prevents contamination to protect and maintain the creamy consistency so that every pump delivers a precisely measured, fresh dose to flawlessly cover your entire face. This foundation has been formulated to work synergistically with Kat Von D's Lock-It Featherweight Primer, Lock It Concealer, and Lock 'N Load Setting Mist. see more...

• How long does a full bottle of this last? I'm getting the estee lau...2 Answers
  • How much coverage is this?8 Answers
  • Do u guys recommend this product for oily skin? Kat Von D Lock-It ...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Bethany W.
Bethany W.
This stuff!
After trying any drug store brand I could, I took the dive and spent $35 on this.
You really need to sample two or three colors and wear them for a bit, browse the store, and come back and see how it looks. Some reviews say it oxidizes and turns orange-ish on you. I think they weren't properly matched with a color. You need to understand your skins undertones to get the right match. This stuff sets very quickly, so work on small areas at a time. Then re-dampen your beauty blender and buff out the areas that need more blending. A little goes a long way! One small pump and I've done my whole face. This is HIGHLY pigmented, so you will look very flat afterwards. You have to use blush, bronzer, and a highlighter to add demention to your face afterwards. I do a light color correction before putting it on (after primer!), and only need a dab more of correction under my eyes after I use it. Blend your hairline very well after too. You'll have a totally blank canvas after using!
courtney c.
courtney c.
Durham, NC
My favorite all time favorite foundation is the NARS Sheer-glow foundation so trying this foundation out was a bit of a change for me. I had very bad acne when I was a teenager so I have some hyper pigmentation and scaring on my cheeks and chin and was looking for a new foundation to try out. The formula is very think but also very blendable. I have found that the best way to apply it is using a beauty sponge. With a brush, I felt like I was blending and working the foundation into my skin for quite some time. It is very full coverage which is great if that is what you are looking for and less is 100% more with this product. If you use too much it can look very cakey by the end of the day. For me, it was not 100% transfer proof and I found that I do have to apply a powder throughout the day to keep a true matte finish. Overall this has become one of my most loved foundations and the color range selection is pretty good as well!
Liv H.
Liv H.
So, I'm traumatized by this foundation. I tried it out once when I was at Sephora, just got a little on the back of my hand and applied it with my fingers.. it went on SO thick. Then my sister said it was streaky, so seeing as I was out in public, I tried putting a dab more on to make it look normal, but it was impossible to blend. I couldn't get it off the back of my hand for the life of me. Even after scrubbing it with makeup remover. Once I got home I ran to wash my face, but every time I rinsed it off the towel still had makeup on it. I think I washed my face three times with my clarisonic before it was totally gone.
Kate K.
Kate K.
I love this stuff. While it claims it's good for all skin types, I think it's not so good on dry skin but you can make it work with the right moisturizer and primer. This is thick so it's definitely not for everyone. Don't go for this if you prefer a light feeling foundation. I LOVE the coverage and I love how light the shades go for my fairer clients. I actually just used the lightest shade for a frozen skin effect and it worked perfectly. I also love that the shades are separated to cool, warm, and neutral. This also lasts alllllll day. One of the best long wear full coverage foundations I've tried!
Brandy S.
Brandy S.
Fall Branch, TN
I heard great reviews about this product, especially for people with oily skin that needed extra coverage. Me. Unfortunately, this formula is so thick that it doesn't blend well into the skin, resulting in a patchy finish. It also settles badly into any texture the skin has, at least for me. If you don't have much texture, it's probably fine. The full coverage is great. I can't complain except that it doesn't blend well and finishes so patchy on me. Also, I do love that there is a huge range of shades from very very light to very dark, to cater to all skin tones. It just didn't work out for me.
Angela O.
Angela O.
N Miami Beach, FL
This foundation is okay. I really wanted to try it so I spent 45 minutes at Sephora trying all the colors but none matched exactly. All of the darker colors have a kind of "orangey" look to them. Also it it's a very thick and creamy formula, while some may love this, I prefer a light, more build-able texture in my foundation. Works well with all her other products though. Using 2 colors of the Lock it concealer for contour and the setting power on top, it gives a very flawless and pore less finish. Packaging is also very adorable. I like this foundation but not for everyday use.
Catherine C.
Catherine C.
Panama City, FL
The jury is still out on this one for me. I've only tried it recently and I don't think i've quite figured it out yet. I was looking for a more full-coverage foundation, and this was recommended to me. I have very dry skin so, after a few hours of wear, it felt tight on my skin. It never looked cakey or dry, so I stuck with it. But I think my issue was not using all KVD products together. I was using other makeup brand products for concealer, moisturizer, powder, etc. I think I need to invest in the KVD finishing powder and that should solve my issue. To be continued!
Kasey G.
Kasey G.
Niles, OH
i was super excited to try this out, because of all the hype it gets and how full coverage it is. i went to sephora and finally splurged and picked it up. i had for a months time, and in that whole mont i used it daily with different changes each day trying to get it to not look so cakey. i moisturizer before makeup and at night, and it was soooo cakey. i tried using a smaller amount, still pretty bad. i mixed it with oil, no difference. i guess it just wasn't for me, but my skin is very oily so i figured it'd be perfect.
Maidelyn P.
Maidelyn P.
This is by far my favorite Foundation that I have ever try it! Mind you that I have tried so many foundations it's quite ridiculous. I wear the shade medium 53 neutral. I do not feel like this foundation oxidizes and it does lean more towards a yellow undertone. This is great for people who love a Flawless and matte finish. I think the best way to use this Foundation is with a brush that is super dense versus a beauty blender. I would recommend exfoliating your face and heavily moisturizing before using this Foundation.
Katrisse A.
Katrisse A.
Long Beach, CA
this foundation is definitely in my top 5 for favorite foundation of all time! its great if you're in the market for a full coverage matte foundation. my skin type is usually normal with oiliness in my t-zone and this product keeps everything at bay and usually requires little to no retouch. make sure to wear a primer underneath because it will show your pores if you don't and also be careful when applying this foundation because it can look cakey if you put too much. i suggest a damp beauty blender for best results.
Brittney W.
Brittney W.
Does this foundation oxidise? And do you think it's worth the price?
Franki G.
Franki G.
How long does this last and out of 10 what if the coverage?
Kayla P.
Kayla P.
Ann Arbor, MI
How long did it stay on for? Did you have to do any touch ups?
Perry R.
Perry R.
Tacoma, WA
I usually use store brand foundations; if I order this foundation online, is there a scale of something that shows the shade equivalency?
Andrea G.
Andrea G.
Does this foundation oxidize and is there any flashback? I have very oily skin