BY KAT VON D

Never before have we gotten this damn excited about a BRUSH! Introducing the Lock-It Edge Foundation Brush—an original, custom design featuring a sculpted shape that conforms to the curves and contours of your face. With perfectly symmetrical tapered bristles (cruelty-free synthetic of course!), and consistent density throughout the head, this brush reaches every nook and cranny, from every angle, for 360 degrees of the most amazing blending ever.

Designed with high-performance formulas in mind (ahem, LOCK-IT), the Edge Foundation Brush brings out the best in your formula for optimal coverage, wear and finish. Superb-quality soft, synthetic bristles are like a thousand tiny fingers seamlessly blending foundation into skin for buildable medium to full coverage.

The sleek stiletto handle—inspired by a witch's broomstick—provides an ergonomic grip for ultimate control and also doubles as a mixing tool!

Buy on Sephora
  • "I love this brush! The bristles are soo soft and create a flawless finish! You can go for fuller coverage or a lighter one depending on how much pressure you apply. I bought my brush at Sephora and it actually got me to VIB rouge. I don't think I can live without this brush!! It gives the look of a beauty blender(flawless) with the coverage of a brush. Perfect to cream contour with or even concealer!" in 14 reviews
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
I bought this brush looking for an alternative to beauty sponges. I found that using this brush does not waste (so to speak) a lot of foundation unlike the sponges I have used. I use it every day with my FENTY foundation. It gives excellent coverage over all of my contour and redness concealer. I think this brush works really well. It is also very soft, not rough like cheaper brushes are. I wouldn't describe the finish as air brush but it does a darn good job with coverage. I think it is really expensive, however I think it is worth every penny. I like it more than my Tarte brushes. I highly recommend this brush!!!!
Mikaelah N.
Rochester
Fantastic. I normally use beauty sponges for applying my liquid foundation, but the Kat Von D Lock-it Edge Foundation Brush has been a game changer. It helps spread my foundation across my face evenly, and the varied angles of the brush help get all the contours of my face. I still finish off with a beauty sponge to give my face that airbrushed finish, but you can certainly use this tool on it's own. I've experienced no shedding with this brush, and it's nicely weighted so it certainly does not feel cheap. And you knowww because it's KVD it's beautifully designed, romantic gothic and elegant.
Brandi D.
El Cajon, CA
This brush is so soft and I love the shape of it. There's a bit of a learning curve, because it can leave your foundation streaky if you're trying to buff in a lot of product at once.
I go with one pump of foundation at a time on the back of my hand and pick up a little at a time with the brush. I use buffing and stippling motions to build up coverage.
I also use this brush for my concealer, but only with gentle stippling motions. It works great on my under eyes, covering at lot of area at once.
Therese S.
I’ve had this brush since it first came out, and i’ve never went back! I bought it off KVD’s website, and received cute little goodies with it! While it is pricier, I’ve never had a hair shed, it’s cruelty-free, vegan, easy to wash and applies BEAUTIFULLY!! my only downside to this product is that it eats up a lot of product! However, I just love the finish it gives, regardless of the foundation or concealer you are using! It’s never streaky, and always look likes your natural skin 💕
Melanie K.
O'Fallon
The foundation brush is perfect and shaped in such a way that makes it easy to glide product across your face and get it applied evenly without missing spots around your nose, eyes, etc. it’s a well-made brush with soft, densely packed fibers. I’d like to pick up some more of her brushes as their packaging is also stunning!
Shasha S.
Shriya P.
Monroe Twp, NJ
This is the only brush I use all over my face. It blends perfectly, is SO soft, and fairly easy to clean. If you clean it after every 1-3 uses everything comes off easy, but if you wait longer and let the makeup collect inside the brush hairs, it takes longer to clean till it’s the original white-black ombre color again.
Nicole B.
Chicago
My love for Kat Von D’s brushes is endless! Especially this Foundation brush, which is contoured so effectively to make putting on your foundation go so smoothly and effortlessly. It’s a $30 brush but the quality is outstanding and you’ll never need to buy another one.
Tricia P.
Mishawaka, IN
I love this brush. I actually use it for contouring instead of applying foundation. It's dense but still easy to clean. The only negative I would say is the shape of the brush is very sharp and long so I always find myself stabbing my makeup by accident.
Aisling B.
Dekalb, IL
I have a devout sponge user and this foundation brush has effectively turned me. It’s unique shape makes it easy to apply foundation in the most difficult spots. It’s soft, vegan (yay!), and super sleek and unique in appearance. After several washes, this brush is still as good as new. At about $34, it’s a bit of an investment compared to what I usually spend on a makeup brush, but if you take care of this baby, she will take care of you for a long, long time.
Lisa R.
Austin, TX
I really really really want to try her brushes but I just don't know. I felt one at Sephora and I just wasn't impressed with the bristles. Has any one tried these?
Moriah S.
Alton, IL
How is this compared to other foundation brushes?
Jessica A.
Bronx, NY
Looking for a new foundation brush I've heard good things about this one. Looking something that won't leave my face looking cakey
Kittie A.
if i use this with the smashbox studio skin foundation , will i be left streaky ?
Jade V.
What's everyone's favorite foundation to use with this brush??? I have dry skin and use MUFE HD foundation daily but it applies best with a damp beauty blender.