BY KAT VON D #9 in Concealer

Exercise your right to conceal and reveal whatever, whenever!

Our high-pigment formula covers anything you don’t want the world to see—blemishes, redness, dark circles, ahem, hickeys—so you can go undercover with confidence! Lightweight yet hard workin’, this magic potion concealer locks onto skin to totally camouflage what lies beneath, revealing just smooth, even matte perfection! Lock-It’s signature 24-hour wear means no touch-ups necessary

• How good does this work of concealing ?6 Answers
  • How does this concealer wear for people with dry undereyes?1 Answers
  • Does this flake? i find most things i use end up flaking after a ...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
albanys j.
I bought this tattoo concealer with high hopes. I went to Sephora, got a color match and bought all 4 steps. First the tattoo eraser is a light pink eyeliner that doesn't dry. I waited 5 minutes between applying the "eraser" and the concealer. As soon as I applied the concealer it pulled the first layer of the eraser off. I applied the concealer with the little brush that came with the kit and the concealer pulls itself off. Although it does provide some coverage it doesn't cover the tattoo completely (mine is small and not that dark either.) This concealer is very, VERY greasy and an hour after applying it still doesn't feel dry. Forget layering it. The setting powder does make it feel drier but I was hoping to add a second layer of concealer to try and get the coverage I was hoping for. Everything I've touched since "concealing" my tattoo has a beige smear on it. The only reason I didn't give this product one star is that it does cover a little better than regular ol' cheap coverup
Dana M.
Liberty, SC
Review for: Light 16
I just bought this not too long ago (a month maybe 2) so I haven't used it a whole lot, yet. Not because I don't like it but because I just didn't have it with my other concealers. So, I would only use it when I saw it. I am a very honest person and wanted to let you know I haven't used this daily & why. With all of that said now on to the review...
This doesn't settle into the fine lines under my eyes for brightening. I apply with a brush and blend out with a BeautyBlender. I like that this comes in a tube so you can squeeze out only what you need. You can make this a very light layer or can build for more coverage. It is pricey and set me back $25. I do like it but not sure if I will purchase again. It's a very steep price when great concealers are everywhere right now for all different prices.

Update: I am not too impressed with this. Even after color correcting this did barely anything for for some spots I had. When I wrote the first part of this review my skin was doing better.
Maria V.
I think this is a pretty good concealer offering a medium coverage... It is a little pricey and not totally able to camouflage dark under eye circles, etc. But it does do better than most of the competition that I've found so far. Maybelline has a waterproof concealer that's pretty good for five bucks and under, but you can clearly see the difference just using a little bit of this product in comparison. I would say it's more of a medium coverage and definitely a slicker consistency; which is never the best texture for full coverage... It may be something that you have to experiment with, such as putting a dab under your eyes and letting it dry a bit before smoothing it so that the consistency is a bit drier. Not the best coverage, but better than most. Hope that helps! If somebody find something foolproof similar to whiteout for under eye circles, please let me know!
Jamie W.
Oh my goodness... the best concealer ever invented. Kat Von D has came out with some amazing make-up. The main purpose I bought this was to cover my scars I have around my body.. this works like a charm. I got it for my scars because it shows on the packaging that it's waterproof and it definitely is what it says. Stays on long, and doesn't smear away like cheap concealer. Pricey, but worth the buy. I use less than a pea size for each of my scars that I try to cover up. And this tube does go a long way. I haven't use the concealer on my face because I don't have any harsh dark areas. This works perfectly on my dark scar areas on my skin. Perfect product! And i am so sure this is the best concealer there is to cover up under eye circles and such on your face.
Nour A.
Dearborn, MI
I have really bad under eye circles, so I'm always on the hunt for a great concealer. When seeing this product i instantly though to myself, if it can cover up tattoos then it better be able to cover my under eye circles. It really did, it is a great concealer. it is heavy coverage and all you need is a pea size of concealer for both eyes. The formula is very creamy, rather than liquidly. warning this can get cakey, so make sure not to put a lot and also set it with a setting powder so it doest crease.I do recommend you try especially if you have dark circles like me.
Wendie W.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
I have ALWAYS needed a versatile concealer that covers both under eye darkness and redness around the nose, upper lip, and chin. I have used MANY products over the years, as well as laser treatments and facials (which do help but haven't been permanent on my small broken capalleries). @KatVonDCosmetics Lock-It Tattoo Concealer is the best universal concealer I've ever found. Only thing is I do need to reapply by end of day, but who cares. I need the smallest amount to get remarkable, smooth finish. Hardly even need a tinted moisturizer or foundation anymore.
Samantha T.
Review for: Light 16
I initially bought this because I was looking for a concealer that would cover up a small tattoo I have and my friend recommended this Kat Von D one. I got color matched at Sephora (bought the light shade), and while the color was perfect, it did not cover my tattoo at all. It also came off very easily. On the plus side, it works well as a cover up to conceal small blemishes so my purchase wasn't a complete bust. I later saw that Kat Von D released a product specifically for covering up tattoos, so I would recommend trying that product instead of this one.
Summer L.
This is my go to concealer. I've had it for years and I still have a decent amount left. I tried the Hard Candy Glamaflage concealer to see how they compare and they are worlds apart. The HC one is a different consistency, almost watery. Which makes it look wet on the skin and translucent.

Where as the Kat concealer is thick and creamy. Easy to blend. I use it on blemishes and my dark circles (if they're not too dark already, sometimes I need to color correct first). I have stopped wearing foundation and just wear this on my problem areas.
Diana Q.
Medley, FL
I love this concealer! You only need a little bit of product for some pretty decent coverage - I'd say it's medium to full build-able coverage. At first I wasn't impressed by the price but it actually gives you a lot of product in one bottle so it was worth it. My favourite aspect of this concealer is how smoothly it blends, it feels very velvety. My least favourite thing is the colour selection, the lightest shade it JUST light enough for me and there are lot of people out there more fair than I am so she needs to expand on her shades!
Sedona C.
Stanton, CA
Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer is a miracle worker. It is really thick when put on the face. But when you use a beauty blender it gives an almost flawless blend. I have shade 24 medium - neutral undertone. It works beautifully. It helps not look like you only got about 4 hours of sleep. I really like that a little goes a long way. Unlike some concealers take a lot. I do however have some problems with this product. I find it to crease super fast. And after a long day, it starts to disappear. That are the downfalls of this amazing product.
Alyssa A.
Does Kat Von D work well for people without tattoos?
charrie B.
How well does this work for under the eyes?
gi w.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How good does this work of concealing ?
Lauren B.
Staten Island , NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this cover acne scars and under eye circles?
Jas S.
Issaquah, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been looking for a new under eye concealer. Would you recommend this? Or is it too heavy and thick?