10 colors available

BY KAT VON D

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

Defy all rules of lining in a FLASH!

Like all KVD Beauty Darlings, Lightning Liner is in a league of its own! It’s the first and ONLY metallic liquid eyeliner in a click-pen format…Bring on the glitz!

The high-pigment liquid formula shimmers in ten rad shades with a rich metallic finish. Wear it alone for swoon-worthy sparkle or layer over Tattoo or Ink Liner to put a rad spin on everyday looks. Pat a bit onto lids and BOOM…your liner is now super-cool metallic shadow! Lightning Liner, you have our hearts!

The unique click-pen applicator dispenses fresh formula each and every time. A smooth, flexible brush tip is engineered to deliver smooth, even lines for instant glitter gratification!

100% Cruelty Free Forever!

#VeganAlert! These shades are vegan:
"Hyde"
"Jett"
"Juno"
"Ludwig"

• Just saw them on sale at Sephora. Do you recommend them? Are they a...5 Answers
  • Is this streaky? What kind of tip does it have?3 Answers
  • I've been looking for bright liners. I have never used this type of...2 Answers
Lino V.
Lino V.
Medley, FL
Review for: Hyde
Was looking for a vibrant purple eyeliner and tried a couple different ones that just weren't right...not enough color, not enough purple, not lasting enough, etc. One even removed like peeling a latex layer from the skin. Terrible! I came across this Kat von D in Poe and decided to give it a try...and absolutely LOVE IT!!!! It glides on perfectly wether you want a thin line or want to make it thicker and is easily controlled by a simple click. The color is GORGEOUS and stays on even on a scorchingly hot Texas summer day. Definitely my favorite eyeliner ever! So pleased :D
elise C.
elise C.
Saint Paul, MN
Review for: Juno
Kat Von D liquid liners are the best in terms of precision and ease. I have more or less forgone my marscara routine in lieu of a black cat eye. This saves me time, product and keeps my lashes healthier. I am able to execute a precise cat eye of appropriate flair/thickness/opacity because of Kat Von D products. Juno is a great way to have a bit of tempered fun-- especially flattering if you have Olive or Brown eyes. Only complaint is that I've found these liners to have inconsistent longevity-- maybe I need to check more diligently for their manufacture date?
NC S.
NC S.
Sarasota, FL
Review for: Bach
love the color and metallic look of these liners!! I am a huge Kat Von D fan, most of my makeup is her brand. What I love about the liner is the high color pigment and the ease of the brush in making dramatic bold lines!! I did not buy these ones because of people complaining about the brush applicator, I think the overall wow factor outweighs the complaints of the packaging.. If a person wants cleaner thin lines stick to the ink liners.. These liners are made for women who want to make statements!!! I will be purchasing all of the colors!!!!
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
I'm a make up junkie and not ashamed to admit it I have tried and purchased a lot of brands and Kat Von D is my favorite brand. All her products only get better and better. The Kat Von D Lightning Liner is absolutely amazing quality and go's on great, pigmentation is key to me and it has more pigmentation than other higher end brands. Colors are intense and fun and I recommend for all types of people, you can go from just adding a extra touch on the inner corner or going as intense as lining top and bottom lid! I swear by her products!
Emily R.
Emily R.
Review for: Amadeus
I absolutely LOVE this liner! It's so beautiful. Very metallic and shiny, making it hard to not notice.
A con however: the packaging is very strange. When you buy a brand new one, You have to open the part with the tip (when you do, you don't see the tip, it comes off with the cap, rip off a piece of plastic and then close it back completely. Then when you open it, you get the liner as usual. I was very confused at first, I thought I broke the liner and was about to return it but then googled what to do and saw that!
Anna S.
Anna S.
Anderson, SC
Review for: Ludwig
I bought this at Sephora and returned it pretty soon after. Normally, I love KVD products and formulas. This may have been an isolated event but the color payoff was terrible and the click up action of the pen was difficult to control and anticipate. It swatched beautifully but didn't look nearly as good on my eyes. Instead, I just continue to use wet applied eyeshadow when I want that color as a liner. Someday in the future I may try another color but it's not an urgent desire.
Melissa D.
Melissa D.
Review for: Ludwig
By far this is the best formula I've tried and I've had so many eyeliners because the main thing I wear is eyeliner. It is very much like a precise marker and the tip doesn't catch dried liner and stick. For those who have smaller eyes and don't really like to make a huge wing, then this is your new fav liner! It doesn't smudge (if u let it dry), dries quickly, stays on forever, and washes off easily. I'm suprised by the bad reviews but I say you should definitely go for it.
Karmen P.
Karmen P.
Murrieta, CA
I usually love all of KVD but these are a no for me. Colors are nice. I just don't like that you have to click in order for the product to come out and give you a decent amount of product. For the most part, too much comes out at first, making a gooey mess. You really have to play with it to get the right amount of product. In my opinion, it's not worth the hassle. It's not a practical product to use, especially if you want a quick wing or eyeliner look.
Andrea G.
Andrea G.
Wildomar, CA
Review for: Juno
Wow! I managed a perfect flick on my first go! I went for Juno and it's the perfect shade of olive and makes my brown eyes really pop. A few teething problems in getting product out but after that I can't fault this. I find the brush/pen a very easy application and can control whether I want a thin or thick line so easily. I have very sensitive eyes but have had no reaction to this and find it comes off easy with my very very gentle eye make up remover.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Tulsa, OK
Review for: Gould
Kat Von D Liquid Liners are the only brand I buy! Not only cause the Pigmentation is insane but the brush tip is super sharp, they last SO long, they don't dry out for months! It definitely helps me feel like I got my money out of it! I love that it's vegan & made without Sulfates & Phthalate!!
The applicator tip isn't stiff, it moves with you but it's still firm enough that you have control! & the shade gold is just to die!!! Love love love!!
Genny E.
Genny E.
San Diego , CA
Just saw them on sale at Sephora. Do you recommend them? Are they as great as the Trooper one?
Megan T.
Megan T.
How well does this work? I love Kat and have tried a few of her products. Does it stay long? Is the color bright?
Courtney E.
Courtney E.
Trenton, ON
Does anyone know if the brush tip of this is like her Tattoo Liner?
Brittany J.
Brittany J.
Middleton, WI
Is this streaky? What kind of tip does it have?
jullie b.
jullie b.
Sterlington, LA
Any thoughts?How u use this??