BY KAT VON D #8 in Eyeliner

#VeganAlert!

100% Cruelty Free Forever!

• I went to Sephora to purchase the tattoo liner but this is all I ...3 Answers
  • Has anyone else ever bought this liner only for it to be so dry y...2 Answers
  • I'm in love with this gorgeous eyeliner I love it.Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Jessica V.
Jessica V.
Oneida, NY
Review for: Baudelaire
I got this shade (Baudelaire) as soon as the new shades launched. I was really excited because I adore the Tattoo liner in Trooper.

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy this because the tip was harder then usual, it made it uncomfortable to use and harsh on the eyes. trying to do more then a basic line seems sloppy and not as precise as I normally enjoy.

The colour is beautiful. It can be patchy at times. I haven't purchased anymore besides the original liner.

If you can handle more pressure to your eye then it could be better suited for you.
It's a lot like the Urban Decay Felt Liners.
Kristen W.
Kristen W.
Palm Bay, FL
Review for: Trooper
This is now and forever my "go to" eyeliner!!! I first purchased it in May of this year and I didn't run out until this month (September)! I found that incredibly impressive since I was using it basically everyday in those 4 months. So that definitely makes it worth the price!
It also is very easy to use and control. The felt tip isn't too stiff or too flimsy, it's literally just right. I find most felt tips are really hard and almost impossible to do finer lines with.
I've been raving about this liner to almost everyone I know and it will definitely continue!!
Saowda F.
Saowda F.
Review for: Trooper
Kat Von D ink liner in trooper used to be my go-to eyeliner and it was probably the only eyeliner I was used for over a year. Eventually, I ventured out and tried to find inexpensive dupes and such. I mean just loved everything about it, but like all makeup, there are pros and cons to the product.

PROS:
-Opaque
-Jet black
-Does not smudge, budge, or run.
-Waterproof
-Long lasting
-Easy to use because of the felt tip, but this can also be a con too.
-Easy to control and good precision.

CONS:
-It can be flaky if you constantly go over it.
-It is only available at Sephora in stores and online, and the kat von d beauty website.
-The price increased from $19 to $20.
-The felt tip "hairs" can come out if used constantly.
-It dries up very quickly.
-It can be tricky to use over metallic or glitter eyeshadow.

Overall, I still like this eyeliner but I have found a better alternative, the NYX Epic Ink Liner has taken its place. In fact, when I first bought the eyeliner it lasted me a good three to four months, and then I repurchased my second one, yet this time the eyeliner did not last very long and it quickly dried up. I don't know if Kat Von D changed the formula but this has happened to me several times that I repurchased this eyeliner. Nevertheless, I still recommend this product especially for beginners that are just learning to do eyeliner/makeup.  But know that nowadays there are alternatives and cheaper options for this type of liner.
D K.
D K.
Los Angeles
Ahhhhh!!!! LOVE THESE!!!!
BEST EYE LINERS EVER!!!!
KAT VON D.
Okay. Calming down, I can easily communicate that I am in love with these eyeliner.
I own both the Kat Von D INK liners, and also the Kat Von D tattoo eyeliners. I own about 7. Because I love the colors too.
AND THEY LAST ALL DAY AND IF YOU FALL ASLEEP WITH YOUR MAKEUP ON (not recommending, but if)
THEN YOU WAKE UP WITH THE EYELINER STILL GLAMOROUSLY IN PLACE.
The next morning.
Kat Von D's eyeliners are the bomb!
(They are like felt tip pens with very precise points that glide the color across the top of your eyelashes. And with a very strong color but very very thin line, you can draw out a cat's eye.)
They are amazing and I am in love with them.
I have black in both the Ink and the Tattoo. (One is slightly different in the liner point, but mostly I can't tell the diff. I love them both.)
I have a darker teal blue, I have a dark green, I have two different browns, and a purple also, I think.
(They all have great names like Hemingway, and Trooper; but I can't remember them all. )
I mean it: I am in love with these Kat Von D eye pens. I just discovered them about 2 weeks ago.
Now I wonder how I could have EVER used any other brand!
Antonia F.
Antonia F.
Oklahoma City, OK
This eyeliner is really amazing! I have double eyelids that are really oily so it's been really hard finding an eyeliner that doesn't smudge or flake. I've tried the liquid L'oreal eyeliner and tarte's double-ended eyeliner but had problems with both and ended up using this. I find it more pigmented than the Tattoo Liner and can stay on my skin for 14+ hours, but may need the odd touch-up. While it stays, it's also not hard to correct if you mess up your wing. The downsides with this is that it only lasts 2-3 months and once it dies, the tip dies without warning even though you map be able to rub some ink off the base of the tip. Also, after constant use the tip starts pilling and I have to remove it if I want to keep the sharp tip. But other than that, it's great!
Mo K.
Mo K.
New York , NY
This is a great liquid liner! I have the color Trooper and it is a true matte black. It
dries fully matte and is not shiny whatsoever. While it may seem crazy to spend $20 on a liquid eyeliner, this one is well worth the money. The felt tip is always super saturated with just enough product that I only need one swipe. I never need to go over my line again to make it darker. Also, the felt tip is the perfect balance between stiff and flexible. There is enough bend in it to create a wing, but not too much that it is flimsy as you bring it towards the inner corner. I am not
that great at winged liner and this product has definitely helped me become
better! I recommend every newbie to winged eyeliner out there to give this a
try!
Shaye F.
Shaye F.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
My favorite eyeliner hands down! I have tried so many kinds of eyeliner and nothing beats this. I had tried her tattoo liner in black and it just didn't have as black of a color as I was hoping for so I was very reluctant at first to try this line of liners but man oh man am I glad I did!I use he INK liner in the color Trooper and I use it EVERYDAY! The felt applicator makes it super easy to use and once applied it doesnt budge until you wash it off with soap and water. Full disclosure I have fallen asleep with this on before and when I woke upi in the morning it hadn't budged, not my finest moment but hot damn was I impressed my the lasting quality of this product. It runs about $20 and lasts me about 3-4 months or so. Totally worth the investment.
Mallory C.
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
While I'm a huge fan of the tattoo liner I cannot stand the ink liner. I have trooper and the blue color. My trooper is okay, same formula as my tattoo eyeliner. The blue color though dried out and was unusable after the first application. Huge regret purchasing. These are felt tip and you have to be super quick with application or you'll scratch off the product trying to go over the line. Just not worth it. Try the tattoo liner instead. It's much better.
Sophia B.
Sophia B.
Grove City, OH
Review for: Trooper
I have gone through millions of eyeliners(pens, pencils, liquids, etc.). And I have gone through I think every eyeliner brand, but this is the best stuff ever. It goes on sooo easy and so smooth. I have the mini version and SOON will have the full size. It is worth every penny spent. They did a beautiful job on this stuff. Quick dry, perfect mix of matte ad gloss, thin tip(perfect for cat eye look), not watery.
Rachel L.
Rachel L.
Review for: Trooper
I used to use a brush with gel liner because I thought it gave me much more precision and control. But after watching a makeup tutorial of a woman effortlessly applying wingtip eyeliner with this, I was convinced I needed to try it. After using it, I'm hooked. You can get such precision on your point, and believe it or not, this liner is pretty to easy to apply. I've noticed I can do a quick application on both eyes in under 1-2 minutes depending on the look I'm going for, and I always wear a cat-eye look. And the color is always matte! The best!
Jaime Y.
Jaime Y.
Atlanta, GA
How much does this eyeliner cost?
Amanda L.
Amanda B.
Winchester, MA
Caitlyn M.
Caitlyn M.
How Is this when creating a wing?