Diana F.
Boca Raton
I probably own about 20 different shades of this lipstick. I don't understand why some reviewers are saying it's sticky or too drying. I've never experienced those issues with it. It glides on great and the applicator is easy to work with. With any liquid lipstick (or any lipstick, really) you want to make sure you're taking care of your lips before applying it. That way you avoid your lips looking flaky or cracked. My routine is this: I use a lip exfoliating scrub to get rid of all the dead skin on my lips. That dead skin is what will make your lips look flaky. Then I apply a lip moisturizer. I've used regular chapstick and products made specifically for this. I usually just put on whichever one I find in my mountain of makeup products first. If using chapstick though, I recommend using a thinner layer. That way, if you plan on putting the lipstick on soon after, you're not trying to put it on top of a goop of chapstick. Most of these KVD liquid lipsticks don't need a lip liner used with them but in my experience, the really dark berry shades could use it. I like that the formula is thinner compared to some other liquid lipsticks I own. It makes it easy to apply and fix any mistakes you could make while applying it. You can use a lip brush to apply this lipstick but I just use the applicator that it comes with and get great results.