Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY KAT VON D #10 in Lipstick

THE life-proof lipstick that will not wear off! Yes, you can eat, drink, make up, break up and mouth-off knowing your lips are gonna stay flawless through it all!

In 43 to-die-for shades, this creamy formula glides over lips like a gloss and sets to a true matte finish. Along with 24-hour wear and high-pigment color, the next-generation formula is packed with natural moisturizers, including Vitamin E and Sunflower Seed Wax. All-day wear has never felt so comfortable!

Live happily Everlasting!

Buy on Sephora
  • "I don't know why the KVD liquid lipsticks aren't more of a big deal in the beauty community. They are absolutely amazing. I was floored the first time I tried one, and have since bought quite a few. They are the only lip product I have EVER tried that will last all day long and you still have to remove it at night with makeup remover! There is no scent, it doesn't transfer, it is pretty much a perfect lip product. It still amazes me because every time I think it may have wiped off during the day, I'll look in a mirror and it's still just as bright as when I put it on!" in 14580 reviews
  • "I just ordered one of these on sephora.com and I am loving it! The color is so beautiful and has so much pigment! The wearing power is phenomenal! It is very long lasting and beautiful! You can't go wrong with Kat Von D! " in 5386 reviews
  • "It goes with all skin tones, and I noticed it kind of looks different on everyone in a good way, and depending on which color lipliner you wear (if any) you can make this color look lighter or darker." in 7 reviews
Amanda G.
Review for: K-DUB more...
Today I am going to be reviewing a liquid lipstick brand that I am excited to have tried: @katvondbeauty everlasting lipstick! I have always heard and read great reviews about this liquid lipstick but had never tried it before. This lipstick is is advertised as a long-wear, creamy, high-pigment liquid lipstick with a matte finish and all-day, lightweight comfort. Additionally, this lipstick is formulated with vitamin E and sunflower seed so that It remains comfortable and hydrating. I received this lipstick in my Sephora gimme bold lips kit. The shade is a beautiful pink based lilac color called k dub (swipe left for swatches with and without flash) This formulation was evenly and highly pigmented. I would not normally choose or wear this color but I am so glad that I did wear it. I received so many compliments from both colleagues and several professors on the day when I wore this. This lipstick was one of the best and longest lasting matte liquid lipsticks I have ever used. It lasted me throughout my breakfast shake and lunch with minimal wear and tear. It also lasted through some quick kisses with minimal transfer. Additionally this lipstick is very light and comfortable to wear. I personally did not find the formulation to be drying. The packaging for this is quite beautiful with the silver foil rose and leaves pattern on the topper of the tube. Overall, I would give this lipstick in the shade #kdub a 5.0/5.0. It lived up to all of its claims and thoroughly impressed me with its highly pigmented, light and long lasting formulation.
Aanchal K.
new york, new york
Review for: LOLITA - CHESTNUT ROSE more...
Lolita! I'm surprised I never left a review on this product, especially because it's my go-to. I own about 4 of KVD's liquid lipsticks, all in Lolita. I carry one with me almost always. When I first started wearing it, all my friends and family told me I looked great with it. They noticed it more because I rarely wore lip sticks. It's easy to apply, with a great formula. It doesn't make your lips dry, and when applying, it's extremely soft and creamy. KVD's liquid lipsticks also work well as mixers. Not drink mixers, but lipstick/lipgloss mixers! I got a vibrant pink KVD liquid lipstick and knew I would never wear that color alone- I have tan skin, vibrant colors don't look good on me. My friend told me to mix it with Lolita and it mixed beautifully, especially cause its the same formula! I also mixed it with a pink sephora liquid lipstick for a night time - not too dark - look. Everyone asks me what I wear when I mix it, so KVD's Lolita works beautifully alone, as well as with other colors.

It exceeded my expectations. $20 for this is a great deal. It lasts 4-6 hours on my lips, shorter if you're drinking/eating & I bought mine from Sephora.
Picture: Wearing Lolita mixed with a pink Sephora lipstick
Diana F.
Boca Raton
I probably own about 20 different shades of this lipstick. I don't understand why some reviewers are saying it's sticky or too drying. I've never experienced those issues with it. It glides on great and the applicator is easy to work with. With any liquid lipstick (or any lipstick, really) you want to make sure you're taking care of your lips before applying it. That way you avoid your lips looking flaky or cracked. My routine is this: I use a lip exfoliating scrub to get rid of all the dead skin on my lips. That dead skin is what will make your lips look flaky. Then I apply a lip moisturizer. I've used regular chapstick and products made specifically for this. I usually just put on whichever one I find in my mountain of makeup products first. If using chapstick though, I recommend using a thinner layer. That way, if you plan on putting the lipstick on soon after, you're not trying to put it on top of a goop of chapstick. Most of these KVD liquid lipsticks don't need a lip liner used with them but in my experience, the really dark berry shades could use it. I like that the formula is thinner compared to some other liquid lipsticks I own. It makes it easy to apply and fix any mistakes you could make while applying it. You can use a lip brush to apply this lipstick but I just use the applicator that it comes with and get great results.
Amber F.
Somerdale, NJ
Kat von d's liquid lipsticks are my favorite formula of any liquid lip I've ever tried! I seriously think her formula is the best; they go on so smoothly and stay on forever! They don't make my lips feel super dry (aka colourpop's ultra matte liquid lips) and are so pigmented and beautiful. I own so many shades, but Berlin is my absolute favorite! It's just this beautiful bright, orangey, pink red that lights up any look and adds such a beautiful pop of color. It's the perfect summer red and also is so pretty in the winter as well, but for summer it just looks so beautiful with bronzer. The packaging is also beautiful and super sleek, they're easy to throw in your bag and fit easily. I love that they're so slim and not bulky. The applicator is perfect in my opinion; it applies the product perfectly and evenly.
🌈Mitch V.
Lexington Park
Review for: SANTA SANGRE - POISON APPLE, OPHELIA, DAMNED - BLACK CHERRY more...
As a longtime KVD lover, I'm a little disappointed in the quality of the darker shades of the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick line. While lighter nude and red shades have great one-coat opacity, darker shades do not. I have specifically had a bad experience with Damned & Witches, the darkest shades in the line. While Witches needs just a bit of working with, Damned is nearly impossible to use. It needs more than 2 coats to look opaque, and it is VERY hard to correct this shade with concealer because of the berry tint. After more than two coats, this lipstick is very dry, sticky, and hard to wear.

I very much enjoy the quality and colour selection of MOST of this line. The packaging is also nice, with the long doe foot applicator being perfect to line my cupids bows. Staying power also varies between shades. I've had no transfer with the nude to dark shades, while the mid tones have SOME transfer and may need reapplication in the center of the lips.
Miranda K.
Spring
It's not my favorite lipstick in the world. If you move even the tiniest bit before it's done drying and you accidentally touch your lips it's over. It's all over your face, your hands, your hair, even your clothes!! If your lips are dry, expect it to crumble and crack. If your lips are in good condition and you're not clumsy and don't touch your face then it's a great lipstick! That's a star reduction. I have the color Vampira and it has a very purple undertone. I used it for Halloween makeup and enjoyed it greatly as I wanted it smeared on my face. When I first used it, I enjoyed it greatly, but it never applied the same after that. It always applied streaky and I had to build the color up. From what everyone said about this Lipstick I didn't expect to have to build it up especially since the first time I tried it I didn't have to, so that is an automatic star reduction. So that's three stars now, I think that's fair. Writing this review makes me want to try it again. So I'm going to keep trying to make it work because I spent $21 on this, of course I'm going to work with it. Maybe I can find the key to working with it so it doesn't get all over my face and I can enjoy the product I bought more than I do now.
Katelyn K.
Fostoria
Kat Von D Beauty’s Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks are my absolute FAVORITE ever of anything I’ve ever tried. I currently own 9 shades (Exorcism, Witches, Lolita, Melancholia, Requiem, A-Go-Go, Susperia, Vampira, and Nahz Furatoo) and I only want to buy more. They’re just so good. It’s 100% Cruelty Free (not tested on animals) AND VEGAN, which is just awesome. I’m not personally Vegan, but I’m always happy when companies make products that everyone can use. And hey, if it’s Vegan, the ingredients are typically better for you, too!! The shade range of this lipstick is incredible, and just keeps growing. They have everything from light nudes, dark nudes, reds, pinks, and burgundies, to fun colors like purples, blues, oranges, greys, and black. The best part about them, in my opinion, is how transfer/kiss proof they are. They dry down 100% matte, and they really do stay on. I can drink with a straw and there won’t be any lipstick transferred to it. I can kiss my boyfriend and my kids without worrying about getting lipstick on them. I can even eat most things without worrying about it coming off. (If I eat something big or messy, like a sandwich/burger, or spaghetti, it definitely needs touched up. But it typically doesn’t all come off, even then. And with most foods that I eat with a fork, I don’t even need to touch it up at all.) Last summer I even wore it when I went hiking for 5 hours in rugged terrain where I was sweating and everything, and it didn’t even need touched up after THAT! Plus, it’s THE MOST COMFORTABLE lipstick I have ever worn. I’m not exaggerating when I say that once it dries down, I literally can’t even feel that I’m wearing any lipstick. It’s so great, and soooo worth the price. The ONLY slightly negative thing I will say is that there are a handful of darker purple-y/burgundy-ish colors (like Exorcism, for example) that dry down just the sliiiiightest bit patchy, and take two coats to dry even and completely opaque. The only colors that do that are some of the red-based colors that are really hard to make and formulate without using Carmine, red pigment that’s made from beetles and obviously can’t be used in a vegan/cruelty free brand’s products. But these formulas are so lightweight and buildable and comfortable and just good, that when you do have to layer it, you really can’t physically feel a difference at all; it’s just as comfortable to wear. So I don’t mind that literally maybe 5 of the like 50-some shades need 2 layers. It’s worth it for them to be able to maintain being a vegan brand that more people can use. I honestly recommend these lipsticks to absolutely everyone I know, and I’ll continue to buy it and recommend it to others!!

There are a tiny handful of the darker purple-y colors that dry just the tiiiiiiiniest bit patchy, but those are the colors that are hardest to make, ESPECIALLY without using Carmine (a red pigment made from beetles that’s super common in non-vegan cosmetics). They’re super buildable and don’t become uncomfortable at all when applying two layers to get the color and coverage even, so I don’t mind it.
Samantha T.
Lynwood
Review for: LOLITA - CHESTNUT ROSE, MUÑECA, BOW N ARROW - FAWN NUDE more...
27 May 2014
I want to own this in every shade
I originally tried this lipstick in "a-go-go" and "bauhau5", but I was so impressed, I purchased a couple more in store. I'm surprised how many lipsticks out there are listed as "long-lasting" when they actually wear off during a meal, a drink, a kiss, or just not reapplying every hour. I don't like reapplying makeup once it's on, so paying top dollar for a high-maintenance lipstick is aggravating. This product is less expensive, goes on smooth, has great color payoff, and stays put for several hours. I wore this on my fiance's birthday through food, drinks, pie, kissing, didn't come off. When it sets, it is a bit dryer than the typical lipstick, but I don't feel like it's a problem if you apply a lip balm beforehand (I like applying Fresh Sugar lip treatment underneath). Also, the color is so matte and saturated, it's pretty fantastic.
Tori G.
La Pryor , TX
Review for: LOLITA - CHESTNUT ROSE more...
My favorite tattoo artists, now known for her incredible makeup line, was someone I always looked up to. So when I heard Kat was coming out with a makeup line I was beyond excited! So, what do I think about her liquid lipstick.. I think it’s phenomenal! First off, the packaging is so Kat, as it has a design that reflects a traditional tattoo design. You get a good amount of lipstick for how much it costs, I can always appreciate that cause you know I try to stretch my dollar! No funky smell, but also no distinct smell, kind of just smells like a what you would assume makeup product would smell like before they add all those scents to it (lol). The formula is ah-making! It goes on super velvety and lasts through greasy food, sweat, I mean this product is great. I can wear it and not have to reapply for more than four hours. I will be purchasing more of these, I can’t get enough!
Melanie C.
Manteca, CA
Review for: BOW N ARROW - FAWN NUDE more...
One of the biggest rating factor for me is wear time, and this is the best I’ve tried without having to perform some ritual for application and removal. I’ve previously tried Lipsense which is truly a long wear (but there’s no way to use it without a gloss, and I’m not big on gloss!), so using something with a one-step matte finish that still lasts the day is fantastic and wins me over. I’ve tried other “long-wear” lip products from stains to creams, but something is always off with the formula and I’ll get flaking or cracking (even with good lip skin care), but KVD takes the cake. An important note I think is that my lip care routine is pretty solid (exfoliation, masks, balms, etc.) because I know that if I tried this a year ago before I found out how to properly care for my lips, I would have had all kinds of crackling and flaking no matter what product I used. So tip: Proper care for your lips, then KVD liquid lip can perform its best!
Shawna S.
What's your favorite color?
Carmen A.
Fontainebleau
I know it might be a silly question, but is it a mat lipstick? I haven't seen anybody say if it was mat or if it "shines" on the lips
Cupcake B.
Cottonwood, AZ
Do u prefer cat von d or jefree star?
Nicole H.
Covington, KY
How long does this last during an average day?
Aketzalli C.