Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner
44 colors available

BY KAT VON D #4 in Lipstick

A richly-pigmented, long-lasting lip color that loves to make a statement. This long-wear lipstick from Kat Von D stains your luscious lips with striking color, from flashy brights to smoldering neutrals. The liquid formula goes on wet for smooth, precise application and then dries to a matte, velvety finish. Once applied, there's no need to worry about smudging or migrating.Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.

• What's your favorite color?257 Answers
  • Is kat von d worth the buy? 17 Answers
  • I know it might be a silly question, but is it a mat lipstick? I h...93 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "It goes with all skin tones, and I noticed it kind of looks different on everyone in a good way, and depending on which color lipliner you wear (if any) you can make this color look lighter or darker." in 7 reviews
Kylie Q.
Kylie Q.
Arnaudville, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am absolutely obsessed with liquid lipsticks. I've tried many and been impressed with few. When I wanted a vampy shade that would last forever, I bought Vampira. DO NOT GET THIS SHADE! There must be something very wrong with the formula or batch of this shade because it would not set on me at all. I applied it very carefully to dry lips and in thin layers. The second I took a drink of water it became lip liner. I was thoroughly unimpressed. Instead of simply returning it and washing my hands of this line completely, I decided to get a different shade. I did notice some Youtube reviewers say that this shade had to be babied a bit more than the others. I got Nosferatu to try the second time around. It is honestly incredible. It sets withing minutes and stays put all day. I've been wearing it for about 9 hours and it is just starting to come off. The color is incredible. It is super pigmented, so only one thin coat is really necessary but it layers well. I have naturally dry lips and still felt comfortable wearing this product all day. I did not use a lip primer or liner to apply this product. Now I want the whole collection - EXCEPT VAMPIRA! Buy that shade at your own risk. If you get Vampira and it acts like mine did, please give this line another chance. It truly is wonderful.
Leah R.
Leah R.
Huntington, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is hands down the best liquid lipstick, ever!!! First of all, let's just address that this shade 'Lolita' is amazing!! It's the perfect mauve, great for everyday wear. I feel like it could serve as a nude in the sense that it matches with everything and works on all skin tones. Now let's talk formula. It applies on wet, or let's say dewey because it's not quite as wet as a gloss. It dries and sets to a matte finish in about 1 minute. So it leaves you just enough time to fix any imperfections and then you are locked in. I say locked in because this product ain't going anywhere! I've never found another liquid lip that actually doesn't wear off anything. I'm a big coffee drinker and I always hate that my lipstick wears off after my first cup in the morning. Not to worry here! I can eat, drink coffee, and my lips stay perfect! You also don't have to worry about reapplying. If you're wearing for a full day (8+ hours) you might want to reapply just as a touch up but that's it! My one complaint with this product is I find after wearing it for a full day my lips feel super dry, so I just make sure to apply lip balm directly before this, and then add extra balm after I've taken my lipstick off for the day :)
Kandy B.
Kandy B.
Seligman, Az
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love KVD products and this liquid lipstick is a must have! I purchased mine in the shade Vampira, Lovesick, A Go Go and Berlin so far and I love them all! So far, Vampira was too dark for my liking but the review is as follows; the color is a dark burgundy red and is very beautiful! It goes on great, not clumpy or streaky and dries very quick to a Matte finish. It's weightless and has very little transfer. It was too dark for me and in my opinion, after a long day it did fade quite a bit. After eating it came off and left a line around the lips. I returned it for Lovesick. Lovesick is a very lighter mauve nude pink shade. I love this one the most so far out of the ones I've tried. It's weightless, dries to a Matte shade and looks absolutely amazing. It lasts through eating and all day long so I don't have to reapply but maybe once depending on what I've eaten. A Go Go is a bright orange shade and looks very good. It's also weightless, goes on great and does to a Matte finish. Berlin is a brighter pink shade that I also love. I do recommend these to anyone. The shades are beautiful and there's so much variety!
Theresa S.
Theresa S.
Beverly, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I recently purchased my first Kat Von D liquid lipstick in the shade Project Chimps. The color is so stunning and PERFECT for fall. I've tried a lot of different brands' liquid lips and I have to say, this is one of the only ones that actually dries COMPLETELY matte and is totally non-transferable. I totally stink at applying liquid lipstick, so this is great for anyone who touches up their lipstick with concealer, because your lipstick won't start smearing around and ruin your face makeup. It has a quick dry time, and is super long lasting. At the end of the night when I'm taking my makeup off, I literally have to scrub at my lips. That stuff doesn't go anywhere. It's very very comfortable on the lips, so thin and not crumbly at all, and it doesn't dry out the lips, and I love the packaging. The one and only reason that I didn't give it five stars is because the shade that I have has been patchy since I've been using it. I can't say if any of her other shades are like that, but at least with Project Chimps I have to apply at least two shades if I want an even application.
Shira M.
Shira M.
Needham, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have always wanted a nude lipstick but was never able to find a color that I liked (I have pale skin, freckles, and hazel eyes). I recently went to Sephora with my friend who knows a lot about lipsticks and she showed me Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. I first tried the Bow and Arrow shade and fell in love!

I absolutely love this shade! The packaging is absolutely gorgeous and the pigmentation is amazing! It goes on smoothly and evenly. It does not even feel like you're wearing lipstick! The lipstick stays on for long periods of time. Unless you want to take it off, it does not come off. All of the shades are beautiful (at the store I tried a few of them but my favorite was the Bow and Arrow). These shades work well when mixing colors. I have mixed the Bow and Arrow with a metallic pink lip gloss and it looks amazing! also making it with a light pink lipstick looks good too. With this lipstick, you are able to build up the color which is great because you can determine how light or dark you want the lipstick to beThis lipstick is definitely worth the $20.
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
I love Kat Von D, she's a talented artist, whose incredibly down to earth and has created one heck of a makeup line that is loved by millions. One of the many great beauty products that she has released tags became a hit right off the bat is this everlasting liquid lipstick, which happens to be one of the longest lasting liquid lippies I've ever tried. Although I was late in jumping on the bandwagon, I recently just bought the top reigning shade "Lolita" and I instantly fell head over heels not only for the shade, but for the formula because it's so comfortable to wear, almost like your wearing nothing on your lips. The only downside is that because this is a matte finish, my lips can become quite dry, but I've managed to come up with a solution to counteract it by using a moisturizing clear lip balm underneath as well as exfoliating really well before applying. I can't wait to buy more shades even if it means spending $20 a piece, it's money well spent because the quality is amazing!
mahnoosh m.
mahnoosh m.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my holy grail lipstick as it is for most girls who know a thing or two about matte liquid lipstick!! While it could have more to offer for color selection the actual colors are vibrant, beautiful and very pigmented. The formulation is thinner then most ( which I love since it feels like there is no build-up on your lips) but still applies opaque. I've gotten many people hooked on this lipstick especially for its crazy long staying-power. Keep in mind, MOST liquid lipsticks are going to be drying to your lips and basically all liquid lipsticks budge if you eat anything oil or greasy. If you have dry lips then matte lipsticks may always give you the crease looks but try combating it with applying a moisturizing chapstick before applying- that's what I do (or exfoliate if you have dead skin). This is the closest to a miracle lipstick I've every tried because it goes for hours. It is also perfect for over-lining your lips too. TRY IT. :)
Connie W.
Connie W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Pros
Long wearing
Dries quickly
Lightweight texture
Fragrance free

Cons
Exacerbates dry lips

Price
$20 for 0.22 oz

Verdict
I was super impressed by this when I tried it at Sephora that I bought it right away even though this isn't usually my go to lip color. $20 isn't too bad for lipstick, although I think the applicator could be better to be more precise. I've heard about Kat Von D lipsticks for a long time, but the colors never intrigued me. Recently Pony Makeup used it in her Shanghai get ready tutorial - but it looks a lot different on her (photo below)
I usually like to buy high end makeup with some kind of discount but I can totally justify paying full price for this.

TIP | for liquid lipsticks, don't use a lip oil to prime. I notice the lipstick doesn't dry entirely so it performs as a normal lipstick. Usually after liquid lipsticks dry completely it doesn't transfer.

Repurchase?

Would I recommend it?
kasandra P.
kasandra P.
Coachella, CA
Packaging: pretty cool and original. It’s in the image of Kat Von D, with this very Californian rock tattoo vibe, and a Latin inspiration with the calligraphic roses on the cap, cool tribute to the artist’s origins.

– Texture: creamy while being quite liquid in the same time. It applies easily, without bleeding.

– Finish: it’s a completely matte finish that dries super quickly after application, leaving a velvety effect on the lips. The formula is transfer and kiss-proof. ;)

– Scent: they’ve got a slightly sweet smell, but quite subtle. I like it, it’s not overpowering.

– Pigmentation: excellent, and also is the opacity on the lips. The color is true to what you see in the tube and in general, they apply evenly on the lips. The only shade that gave me a bit of trouble in terms of application was Bauhau5, which is less homogeneous than the others. But with two thin layers, it was
Kirby F.
Kirby F.
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have only tried one product by Kat Von D before and it was the tattoo liner from the sephora play! box. But I have been lusting over this brand for quite awhile. I am so excited to try this liquid lipstick, it promises to be long lasting, full coverage, and This lipgloss went on super smooth and dried instantly. It definitely lived up to its full coverage, it was like one swipe and it fully covered my lips. I was so surprised how fast it dried, I actually kissed my hand to see if it left a mark and it didn’t. This liquid lipstick is more like a lipstick stain, it stayed on for hours even with me eating pizza. I love to have color on my lips with out the stickiness because my boyfriend refuses to kiss me if I have lipstick on. I’m so glad to have found this lipstick and I will have to explore the other 27 colors this liquid lipstick has to offer.
Shawna S.
Shawna S.
What's your favorite color?
Carmen A.
Carmen A.
Fontainebleau
I know it might be a silly question, but is it a mat lipstick? I haven't seen anybody say if it was mat or if it "shines" on the lips
Nicole H.
Nicole H.
Lexington, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does this last during an average day?
Aketzalli C.