Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY KAT VON D #7 in Lipstick

THE life-proof lipstick that will not wear off! Yes, you can eat, drink, make up, break up and mouth-off knowing your lips are gonna stay flawless through it all!

In 43 to-die-for shades, this creamy formula glides over lips like a gloss and sets to a true matte finish. Along with 24-hour wear and high-pigment color, the next-generation formula is packed with natural moisturizers, including Vitamin E and Sunflower Seed Wax. All-day wear has never felt so comfortable!

Live happily Everlasting!

Buy on Sephora
  • "It goes with all skin tones, and I noticed it kind of looks different on everyone in a good way, and depending on which color lipliner you wear (if any) you can make this color look lighter or darker." in 7 reviews
Kylie Q.
Providence, RI
I am absolutely obsessed with liquid lipsticks. I've tried many and been impressed with few. When I wanted a vampy shade that would last forever, I bought Vampira. DO NOT GET THIS SHADE! There must be something very wrong with the formula or batch of this shade because it would not set on me at all. I applied it very carefully to dry lips and in thin layers. The second I took a drink of water it became lip liner. I was thoroughly unimpressed. Instead of simply returning it and washing my hands of this line completely, I decided to get a different shade. I did notice some Youtube reviewers say that this shade had to be babied a bit more than the others. I got Nosferatu to try the second time around. It is honestly incredible. It sets withing minutes and stays put all day. I've been wearing it for about 9 hours and it is just starting to come off. The color is incredible. It is super pigmented, so only one thin coat is really necessary but it layers well. I have naturally dry lips and still felt comfortable wearing this product all day. I did not use a lip primer or liner to apply this product. Now I want the whole collection - EXCEPT VAMPIRA! Buy that shade at your own risk. If you get Vampira and it acts like mine did, please give this line another chance. It truly is wonderful.
Theresa S.
Beverly, MA
I recently purchased my first Kat Von D liquid lipstick in the shade Project Chimps. The color is so stunning and PERFECT for fall. I've tried a lot of different brands' liquid lips and I have to say, this is one of the only ones that actually dries COMPLETELY matte and is totally non-transferable. I totally stink at applying liquid lipstick, so this is great for anyone who touches up their lipstick with concealer, because your lipstick won't start smearing around and ruin your face makeup. It has a quick dry time, and is super long lasting. At the end of the night when I'm taking my makeup off, I literally have to scrub at my lips. That stuff doesn't go anywhere. It's very very comfortable on the lips, so thin and not crumbly at all, and it doesn't dry out the lips, and I love the packaging. The one and only reason that I didn't give it five stars is because the shade that I have has been patchy since I've been using it. I can't say if any of her other shades are like that, but at least with Project Chimps I have to apply at least two shades if I want an even application.
Mary T.
Playa Del Rey, CA
Review for: Kat Von D Lolita Lip Duo
I really love this lip duo. I first discovered L in the lipstick form shortly after it launched. It was before the lipsticks were repackaged into the Studded Lipsticks and the color was completely different. It was much more pink and less brown when it first launched. It was the only pinkish tone I had ever tried that complemented my skin and I'd always get compliments when I used it.

I was pretty sad to find out the color had changed but once I tried it, I truly loved the color. The I discovered this lip duo which included L 2 and I had to purchase. L 2 is definitely closer to the original L color that I first tried but a bit more peachy and bright. Still I love both colors and wear them both often. I have gone on to purchase full size of both colors.

The formula is perfection in my eyes. Long wearing, non-drying, non feathering. Have literally eaten and drank and worn for hours without a touch up and only noticed a bit of fading around the inner part of my lips. I always recommend this product (and most of her products in general) to friends.
Jamie Rose S.
I love Kat Von D, she's a talented artist, whose incredibly down to earth and has created one heck of a makeup line that is loved by millions. One of the many great beauty products that she has released tags became a hit right off the bat is this everlasting liquid lipstick, which happens to be one of the longest lasting liquid lippies I've ever tried. Although I was late in jumping on the bandwagon, I recently just bought the top reigning shade "Lolita" and I instantly fell head over heels not only for the shade, but for the formula because it's so comfortable to wear, almost like your wearing nothing on your lips. The only downside is that because this is a matte finish, my lips can become quite dry, but I've managed to come up with a solution to counteract it by using a moisturizing clear lip balm underneath as well as exfoliating really well before applying. I can't wait to buy more shades even if it means spending $20 a piece, it's money well spent because the quality is amazing!
mahnoosh m.
This is my holy grail lipstick as it is for most girls who know a thing or two about matte liquid lipstick!! While it could have more to offer for color selection the actual colors are vibrant, beautiful and very pigmented. The formulation is thinner then most ( which I love since it feels like there is no build-up on your lips) but still applies opaque. I've gotten many people hooked on this lipstick especially for its crazy long staying-power. Keep in mind, MOST liquid lipsticks are going to be drying to your lips and basically all liquid lipsticks budge if you eat anything oil or greasy. If you have dry lips then matte lipsticks may always give you the crease looks but try combating it with applying a moisturizing chapstick before applying- that's what I do (or exfoliate if you have dead skin). This is the closest to a miracle lipstick I've every tried because it goes for hours. It is also perfect for over-lining your lips too. TRY IT. :)
Connie W.
Pros
Long wearing
Dries quickly
Lightweight texture
Fragrance free

Cons
Exacerbates dry lips

Price
$20 for 0.22 oz

Verdict
I was super impressed by this when I tried it at Sephora that I bought it right away even though this isn't usually my go to lip color. $20 isn't too bad for lipstick, although I think the applicator could be better to be more precise. I've heard about Kat Von D lipsticks for a long time, but the colors never intrigued me. Recently Pony Makeup used it in her Shanghai get ready tutorial - but it looks a lot different on her (photo below)
I usually like to buy high end makeup with some kind of discount but I can totally justify paying full price for this.

TIP | for liquid lipsticks, don't use a lip oil to prime. I notice the lipstick doesn't dry entirely so it performs as a normal lipstick. Usually after liquid lipsticks dry completely it doesn't transfer.

Repurchase?

Would I recommend it?
kasandra P.
Coachella, CA
Packaging: pretty cool and original. It’s in the image of Kat Von D, with this very Californian rock tattoo vibe, and a Latin inspiration with the calligraphic roses on the cap, cool tribute to the artist’s origins.

– Texture: creamy while being quite liquid in the same time. It applies easily, without bleeding.

– Finish: it’s a completely matte finish that dries super quickly after application, leaving a velvety effect on the lips. The formula is transfer and kiss-proof. ;)

– Scent: they’ve got a slightly sweet smell, but quite subtle. I like it, it’s not overpowering.

– Pigmentation: excellent, and also is the opacity on the lips. The color is true to what you see in the tube and in general, they apply evenly on the lips. The only shade that gave me a bit of trouble in terms of application was Bauhau5, which is less homogeneous than the others. But with two thin layers, it was
Kirby F.
Lloyd Harbor, NY
I have only tried one product by Kat Von D before and it was the tattoo liner from the sephora play! box. But I have been lusting over this brand for quite awhile. I am so excited to try this liquid lipstick, it promises to be long lasting, full coverage, and This lipgloss went on super smooth and dried instantly. It definitely lived up to its full coverage, it was like one swipe and it fully covered my lips. I was so surprised how fast it dried, I actually kissed my hand to see if it left a mark and it didn’t. This liquid lipstick is more like a lipstick stain, it stayed on for hours even with me eating pizza. I love to have color on my lips with out the stickiness because my boyfriend refuses to kiss me if I have lipstick on. I’m so glad to have found this lipstick and I will have to explore the other 27 colors this liquid lipstick has to offer.
Mary P.
Niskayuna, NY
Review for: Kat Von D Transformer Liquid Lipstick Superliminal 0.20 oz
I bought this because it's so beautiful in the tube. When I saw it was a "transformer", I was intrigued--I love layering my lipsticks and glosses and thought this would up my game a little bit. When I got it home, the tube was only about half full which isn't uncommon with products that cost more to produce, I realize....but I'm all for different packaging because it will make it look to the consumer that they're getting what they pay for.

I don't know that I can say that I knew what this product was going to be like, but the "transformation" didn't really wow me and I tried it over a handful of lipsticks. Another downside is how heavily you have to apply this to even have it be noticeable, resulting in product that disappears quicker. It's a decent gloss on its own, I guess I'd recommend trying it in store first and seeing what works for you.
Lina C.
My review is for Bow N Arrow.

This is a color I wasn't initially sure about, but the more I wear it, the more I love it. On my medium skin, it's a beautiful neutral with a slight pink grey tone. It works great when you want a neutral lip with a very bronzed face and dramatic eye look. To be honest, it even works well as a lovely neutral lip shade for work without the dramatic eye look!

I also love the formula. In my opinion, KVD liquid lipsticks are the best formula in the market. And I have tried so many! Bow N Arrow is a great everyday shade that I think would suit just about anybody. Some of my other favorite colors in this line are Double Dare, Lovesick and Mother. I hope KVD comes up with more everyday colors in her line, because unfortunately, a lot of the shades don't work for me because they're very "out there".

Highly recommended!
Shawna S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite color?
Carmen A.
Fontainebleau
I know it might be a silly question, but is it a mat lipstick? I haven't seen anybody say if it was mat or if it "shines" on the lips
Cupcake B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do u prefer cat von d or jefree star?
Nicole H.
Lexington, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does this last during an average day?
Aketzalli C.