BY KAT VON D

A captivating, cool-toned eyeshadow palette with a savvy composition of colors three large base shades and nine transformative accent hues for a spectrum of stunning eye looks. From subtle to sultry, experience a rebirth of color and explore endless eye looks with the Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette. Featuring cool-toned shades in an ingenious arrangement that gives you the biggest basics and the most accent hues, now you'll have the freedom to create your heart out without running out of the go-to colors. Relish in the luxurious texture of triple-milled powder, which picks up instantly and lays down with a one-sweep, full-coverage application. The patented Power Last™, long-wearing formula gives you buildable, from dawn-to-dusk drama, while an infusion of antioxidants including rose extract and vitamins A, C, and E all work to keep your eyelids hydrated and protected. This set contains:- 3 x 0.095 oz Eye Shadow in Lifelike (matte cream), Lunar Lights (pearl gray), Lucid (sparkle rose) - 9 x 0.049 oz Eye Shadow in Hybrid Moments (matte deep purple), Mezzanine (sparkle violet), Transition (pearl mauve), Glasswing (matte caramel), Melancholia (pearl silver), Black Milk (matte gray), Graphic Nature (pearl charcoal), Entombed (pearl blue), Tornay (matte navy) It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates Inspired by the metamorphosis of the butterfly, Kat created this palette to give you endless ways to transform your eyes every day. The palette is decorated with original artwork derived from her love of butterflies a symbol of rebirth and renewal. Follow Kat's tutorials for tips and inspiration. see more...

Kat Von D Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette
  • "I love this palette. Perfect for some very bright and vibrant pops of color. While these colors are all pretty pigmented on their own, the best way to get the maximum amount of color is using these colors on top of a primer and a base shadow (I suggest NYX Milk). That will make these colors POP for a night out, for a softer look you can forgo the base shadow." in 254 reviews
  • "I love her gothic clrs and her insanely gorgeous combinations!!!! The colors are rich and long lasting and are ever so brilliantly seen and I get constant compliments!" in 46 reviews
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Chrysalis is the cool toned companion palette to the warm toned Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette. Sadly, both palettes have been discontinued.

The palette is arranged into three quads or looks. Each quad includes a larger base shade and three corresponding matte or shimmer shades. My favorite is the first quad which has a purple color scheme. You can also mix and match the shades to create your own custom looks. Let’s talk formula...

These shadows are silky smooth with fantastic color payoff and blendability. Some of the shades kick up powder in the pan which can result in minor fallout. Therefore, I would advise 1. tapping the excess product off your brush, 2. using a good eyeshadow primer and 3. applying your base makeup last.

The packaging design is beautiful and intricate which only makes sense since Kat Von D is a world renowned tattoo artist. A large butterfly with skulls on its wings adorns the front cover. There is a mirror inside. The shade names are listed on the back of the palette.

When Kat Von D discontinues a product it’s almost always for good. If you see something that you like from her brand then don’t hesitate to pick it up before it’s gone forever. I hope that she will incorporate more PERMANENT colorful palettes into her line.

I think that the Chrysalis is a stunning palette. It’s a nice collector’s piece to have in my collection. However, I strongly urge you NOT to pay the exorbitant resale prices. Trust me, nothing in this palette is so unique that it can’t be duped.
Katelyn L.
orlando, florida
First off, let me mention the packaging....so, so absolutely gorgeous, I'm in heaven. The Chrysalis palette does come in cardboard packaging which might throw some off, but I don't mind because it's large and substantial and seems very well made. The price of $46 makes me very happy as well, considering you get 12 full sized eyeshadows, 3 of which are actually double sized. The color selection is nice, nothing to write home about, I feel that you could probably find a dupe of most of the colors. However, you do get a nice mix of colorful shadows and neutrals and shimmers and mattes/satins which is crucial in a palette like this. Plus, there IS one extremely gorgeous shade which I love, Melancholia. It's a pearly gray color with an undercurrent of green to it that looks amazing on my green eyes.The texture and consistency of the shadows seems pretty much equal to Kat Von D's other palettes and shadows, I find them to be extremely pigmented and dense. They do tend to powder up VERY easily, so my advice is to pat your brush on top of the shadow to pick up the color, don't swipe or you'll end up with way too much product on your brush and tons of fall out under your eyes. The staying power is comparable as well, apply these over a good primer and they'll stay put.Overall I give this a rating of 5 stars because I'm a HUGE fan of Kat Von D's products and this is a stand out item and must have if you love her line and artwork and packaging as much as I do. It's sexy and edgy but beautiful and feminine at the same time without being too girly. LOVE!!!!
Alanna S.
Bryan, TX
Chrysalis is a now-discontinued palette from Kat Von D, practically a mirror image of Monarch - but with cool tones instead. It was a gift, so I didn’t pay for it, but looking up the prices now I realize that buying a discontinued item is on the expensive side! I typically look better in warmer colors, but this palette challenged me to try something new. I really love the middle section of shades, and out of them all, my favorites are Glasswing, Melancholia, and Lunar Lights. They stand out to me as being the most unique, but perhaps also the shades I find easiest to work with.
In terms of quality, this palette is excellent. They’re extremely smooth and buttery, making them easy to blend. There is a normal amount of fallout, but the formula isn’t dusty so it’s not bad. Some of the shades are nothing special, but I believe they were included so you could create your entire eye look without having to reach for your basics or another palette. With that in mind, if cool toned eye looks are your thing, this is the perfect palette to travel with.
The packaging is also beautiful (as are all of Kat’s products!). It’s also sturdy, so whether it sits on your bathroom counter or in your makeup bag, it will hold up well. Would I pay the original retail price for it when it initially came out? Yes. Would I pay for it now, if I hadn’t received it as a gift? Also yes! Not only is it beautiful and a collectible piece for your makeup stash, the palette is very versatile and stands well on its own. I’ve heard a lot of people saying that some of the shades seem easily duped, but be real with yourself - would you rather go hunt out a dozen single shadows that matched the most, or have them all in one palette? I know which I would choose!
Brionna R.
Belleview, FL
For starters, the artwork on the palette is gorgeous, and the case is nice and sturdy. It's a cardboard type of material (a really nice, smooth, classy cardboard though) that has a magnetic closure. The magnets are strong enough that I don't feel like this would open up in my purse, but it's also easy to open. The strength is on par with that of a regular snap case. As for the product itself, I've only tried four colors in it so far but the results are amazing! They blend flawlessly and give wonderful color payoff. Also, there's practically no fallout, which is a first to me out of all the eyeshadows I've tried in the past. It left a little bit under my eyes in one spot parallel to where my brush first touched my skin, but after quickly wiping that away there was no more. My eyes stayed sparkly and my face stayed matte. The colors in this palette are great once applied because while they are colorful and not as neutral, they aren't overpoweringly colorful.
Amanda J.
First of all, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the detail put into it! This palette has so many great cool-toned shades! They look absolutely gorgeous on the eyes! This palette has excellent pigmentation just like all the other Kat Von D palettes! These shadows glide over the eyelid effortlessly and are so creamy in texture! I’m able to create so many pretty cool-toned looks with this palette! A+++
Gillian V.
Ashburn
OMG I have been wearing/ buying makeup for 11 years now and this is the absolute BEST purchase of my life. It is so much more beautiful in person!!! I am normally a neutral girl and decided to go a little out of my comfort zone and holy crap I am so #*%*&%$ happy. This may seem a little over the top but I am just (clearly not literally) speechless. There are awesome neutrals and then gorgeous bright colours that can add just a pop of beautiful colour. I may as well throw out all my other brands of makeup at this rate because KVDs products are unmatchable. Buy this. Buy it all haha! ♥
Jennifer M.
San Antonio, TX
This is an oldie but a goodie! I bought this way back when, well with makeup releases it seems like it was super far away lol. I love the color pay off and the formulations of this palette. KVD always brings good shadows to life and it doesn’t disappoint.
JOCELYN G.
Durham
I really like thiskat Von D pallet because it’s everything like a king it goes with every of my outfit I love the pallet I love the new colors that have came out of the kat Von D I really like it in I wish they came out with more color so just keep buying them in buying them.I sure do recommend 100% for any people who’s looking like this is Leica after dark or Thursday after night touch and everything that’s like if you’re going to party I really recommend this pallet these colors are amazing
Mary Jane B.
Kat von D never ever fails when it comes to pigmentation! I own almost every eyeshadow palette of hers and it’s always the first thing I grab whenever I’m traveling! The ranges are awesome if you’re into a more daring feel and the numbers of looks that you can come up with are endless! I love the consistency and blend ability!! Also, when I’m really lazy I don’t even prime my kids bc obviously with that much pigmentation, you don’t have to! Just be careful if you have oily lids tho, you may not wanna do that..
Raeleen R.
Johnstown, PA
Anybody who knows me knows I'm a huge Kat Von D fan. I bought this pallette at Sephora at JcPennies and I love it. The colors are fantastic and go with a lot of my outfits. I really like using this pallette for liner on my lower eyes. Kat Von D is a bit pricey but I still buy these products because they last longer than other products i used. I think the colors look amazing on your eyes. I would recommend this product/ and all Kat Von D to anyone.
Alicia K.
Where can I get this palette it is so beautiful!?
Ashton A.
Is this palette still available?
Melody H.
Is this palette worth the money?
Amber M.
Tuscaloosa, AL
What is your favorite eyeshadow color or brand? Kat Von D Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette is mine.
Tiffany T.
Indianapolis, IN
Are these colors very bright when on the skin ?