BY KAT VON D #16 in Eyeshadow Palettes

A captivating, cool-toned eyeshadow palette with a savvy composition of colors three large base shades and nine transformative accent hues for a spectrum of stunning eye looks. From subtle to sultry, experience a rebirth of color and explore endless eye looks with the Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette. Featuring cool-toned shades in an ingenious arrangement that gives you the biggest basics and the most accent hues, now you'll have the freedom to create your heart out without running out of the go-to colors. Relish in the luxurious texture of triple-milled powder, which picks up instantly and lays down with a one-sweep, full-coverage application. The patented Power Last™, long-wearing formula gives you buildable, from dawn-to-dusk drama, while an infusion of antioxidants including rose extract and vitamins A, C, and E all work to keep your eyelids hydrated and protected. This set contains:- 3 x 0.095 oz Eye Shadow in Lifelike (matte cream), Lunar Lights (pearl gray), Lucid (sparkle rose) - 9 x 0.049 oz Eye Shadow in Hybrid Moments (matte deep purple), Mezzanine (sparkle violet), Transition (pearl mauve), Glasswing (matte caramel), Melancholia (pearl silver), Black Milk (matte gray), Graphic Nature (pearl charcoal), Entombed (pearl blue), Tornay (matte navy) It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates Inspired by the metamorphosis of the butterfly, Kat created this palette to give you endless ways to transform your eyes every day. The palette is decorated with original artwork derived from her love of butterflies a symbol of rebirth and renewal. Follow Kat's tutorials for tips and inspiration. see more...

• What is your favorite eyeshadow color or brand? Kat Von D Chrysal...2 Answers
  • is it pigmented?2 Answers
  • How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? 1 Answers
Jennifer F.
Trenton, ME
Beauty Junkie Expert
First off, let me mention the packaging....so, so absolutely gorgeous, I'm in heaven. The Chrysalis palette does come in cardboard packaging which might throw some off, but I don't mind because it's large and substantial and seems very well made. The price of $46 makes me very happy as well, considering you get 12 full sized eyeshadows, 3 of which are actually double sized. The color selection is nice, nothing to write home about, I feel that you could probably find a dupe of most of the colors. However, you do get a nice mix of colorful shadows and neutrals and shimmers and mattes/satins which is crucial in a palette like this. Plus, there IS one extremely gorgeous shade which I love, Melancholia. It's a pearly gray color with an undercurrent of green to it that looks amazing on my green eyes.The texture and consistency of the shadows seems pretty much equal to Kat Von D's other palettes and shadows, I find them to be extremely pigmented and dense. They do tend to powder up VERY easily, so my advice is to pat your brush on top of the shadow to pick up the color, don't swipe or you'll end up with way too much product on your brush and tons of fall out under your eyes. The staying power is comparable as well, apply these over a good primer and they'll stay put.Overall I give this a rating of 5 stars because I'm a HUGE fan of Kat Von D's products and this is a stand out item and must have if you love her line and artwork and packaging as much as I do. It's sexy and edgy but beautiful and feminine at the same time without being too girly. LOVE!!!!
Shaniece R.
rocky mount
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this palette so much. For starters, the artwork on the palette is gorgeous, and the case is nice and sturdy. It's a cardboard type of material (a really nice, smooth, classy cardboard though) that has a magnetic closure. The magnets are strong enough that I don't feel like this would open up in my purse, but it's also easy to open. The strength is on par with that of a regular snap case. As for the product itself, I've only tried four colors in it so far but the results are amazing! They blend flawlessly and give wonderful color payoff. Also, there's practically no fallout, which is a first for me out of all the eyeshadows I've tried in the past. It left a little bit under my eyes in one spot parallel to where my brush first touched my skin, but after quickly wiping that away there was no more. My eyes stayed sparkly and my face stayed matte. The colors in this palette are great once applied because while they are colorful and not as neutral, they aren't overpoweringly colorful. So I could easily see myself wearing a color like Transition to work and maybe adding in a tiny bit of Hybrid Moments or Mezzanine for some depth. It's just enough to accent your eyes without being too loud and bold. I've grown to love neutrals, but I've always had a love for intense colors, and this is a perfect balance between the two. The only thing I will say about this palette that was unexpected is that the colors are considerably darker than what you see in the picture, save for the two darkest purple shades, which are almost exactly as they appear in person. I'm not complaining, though, as I was actually worried the colors might be too light! I think the stock photo just makes the colors look a bit more washed out then they actually are. They look nicer when you have the palette in front of you. Overall, I have no complaints about this palette. Totally worth the money.
Brionna R.
Belleview, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
For starters, the artwork on the palette is gorgeous, and the case is nice and sturdy. It's a cardboard type of material (a really nice, smooth, classy cardboard though) that has a magnetic closure. The magnets are strong enough that I don't feel like this would open up in my purse, but it's also easy to open. The strength is on par with that of a regular snap case. As for the product itself, I've only tried four colors in it so far but the results are amazing! They blend flawlessly and give wonderful color payoff. Also, there's practically no fallout, which is a first to me out of all the eyeshadows I've tried in the past. It left a little bit under my eyes in one spot parallel to where my brush first touched my skin, but after quickly wiping that away there was no more. My eyes stayed sparkly and my face stayed matte. The colors in this palette are great once applied because while they are colorful and not as neutral, they aren't overpoweringly colorful.
Jennifer M.
San Antonio, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is an oldie but a goodie! I bought this way back when, well with makeup releases it seems like it was super far away lol. I love the color pay off and the formulations of this palette. KVD always brings good shadows to life and it doesn’t disappoint.
Jennifer L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Nothing bad to say. I held off on KVD for years, boycotting, and finally went for EVERYTHING i had heard about for so long. These are so easy to use, so pretty on their own even--and LAST. And you don't need much. They don't crease. They don't look dry. (They make the eyelid skin look better, not worse). They hold eyeshadows very well, except for the ones that I know suck too much in lasting power (MAC Quarry/Scene). However, the beautiful sheen of some of these paints is a shame to cover up with powder eyeshadows, I think!
Jenna W.
This is kind of like the Urban Decay Naked Palette, it just has some cooler color tones and all of the colors are VERY pigmented. This one does have more eyeshadow dust that I'm used to with other brands like Urban Decay, Makeup Forever, and Dior, but all in all, the colors are beautiful - you just have to use tissues under your eyes when applying [with the darker colors anyway]. I really love that the highlighting shades are bigger, because those are ALWAYS the colors I'm using up first.
JOCELYN G.
Durham
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really like thiskat Von D pallet because it’s everything like a king it goes with every of my outfit I love the pallet I love the new colors that have came out of the kat Von D I really like it in I wish they came out with more color so just keep buying them in buying them.I sure do recommend 100% for any people who’s looking like this is Leica after dark or Thursday after night touch and everything that’s like if you’re going to party I really recommend this pallet these colors are amazing
Elizabeth e.
Hamilton, ['', '', '']
Beauty Junkie Expert
 i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it
Mary Jane B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Kat von D never ever fails when it comes to pigmentation! I own almost every eyeshadow palette of hers and it’s always the first thing I grab whenever I’m traveling! The ranges are awesome if you’re into a more daring feel and the numbers of looks that you can come up with are endless! I love the consistency and blend ability!! Also, when I’m really lazy I don’t even prime my kids bc obviously with that much pigmentation, you don’t have to! Just be careful if you have oily lids tho, you may not wanna do that..
Blanca B.
Deer Park, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got the Kat Von D Chrysalis eyeshadow palette for Christmas last year and WOW all i have to say is Kat will never disapoint. This products comes with 3 texture bases and 9 tranformative colors to accentuate your look . Perfect for a night out or a smokey eye ! All colors are very very pigmented a little will go a long way. I do reccomend everyone to get it .
Alicia K.
Where can I get this palette it is so beautiful!?
Ashton A.
Is this palette still available?
Tiffany T.
Indianapolis, IN
Are these colors very bright when on the skin ?
Melody H.
Is this palette worth the money?
Danielle J.