BY KAT VON D

A captivating, cool-toned eyeshadow palette with a savvy composition of colors three large base shades and nine transformative accent hues for a spectrum of stunning eye looks. From subtle to sultry, experience a rebirth of color and explore endless eye looks with the Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette. Featuring cool-toned shades in an ingenious arrangement that gives you the biggest basics and the most accent hues, now you'll have the freedom to create your heart out without running out of the go-to colors. Relish in the luxurious texture of triple-milled powder, which picks up instantly and lays down with a one-sweep, full-coverage application. The patented Power Last™, long-wearing formula gives you buildable, from dawn-to-dusk drama, while an infusion of antioxidants including rose extract and vitamins A, C, and E all work to keep your eyelids hydrated and protected. This set contains:- 3 x 0.095 oz Eye Shadow in Lifelike (matte cream), Lunar Lights (pearl gray), Lucid (sparkle rose) - 9 x 0.049 oz Eye Shadow in Hybrid Moments (matte deep purple), Mezzanine (sparkle violet), Transition (pearl mauve), Glasswing (matte caramel), Melancholia (pearl silver), Black Milk (matte gray), Graphic Nature (pearl charcoal), Entombed (pearl blue), Tornay (matte navy) It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates Inspired by the metamorphosis of the butterfly, Kat created this palette to give you endless ways to transform your eyes every day. The palette is decorated with original artwork derived from her love of butterflies a symbol of rebirth and renewal. Follow Kat's tutorials for tips and inspiration. see more...

Kat Von D Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette
  • "I love this palette. Perfect for some very bright and vibrant pops of color. While these colors are all pretty pigmented on their own, the best way to get the maximum amount of color is using these colors on top of a primer and a base shadow (I suggest NYX Milk). That will make these colors POP for a night out, for a softer look you can forgo the base shadow." in 254 reviews
  • "I love her gothic clrs and her insanely gorgeous combinations!!!! The colors are rich and long lasting and are ever so brilliantly seen and I get constant compliments!" in 46 reviews
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Chrysalis is the cool toned companion palette to the warm toned Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette. Sadly, both palettes have been discontinued.

The palette is arranged into three quads or looks. Each quad includes a larger base shade and three corresponding matte or shimmer shades. My favorite is the first quad which has a purple color scheme. You can also mix and match the shades to create your own custom looks. Let’s talk formula...

These shadows are silky smooth with fantastic color payoff and blendability. Some of the shades kick up powder in the pan which can result in minor fallout. Therefore, I would advise 1. tapping the excess product off your brush, 2. using a good eyeshadow primer and 3. applying your base makeup last.

The packaging design is beautiful and intricate which only makes sense since Kat Von D is a world renowned tattoo artist. A large butterfly with skulls on its wings adorns the front cover. There is a mirror inside. The shade names are listed on the back of the palette.

When Kat Von D discontinues a product it’s almost always for good. If you see something that you like from her brand then don’t hesitate to pick it up before it’s gone forever. I hope that she will incorporate more PERMANENT colorful palettes into her line.

I think that the Chrysalis is a stunning palette. It’s a nice collector’s piece to have in my collection. However, I strongly urge you NOT to pay the exorbitant resale prices. Trust me, nothing in this palette is so unique that it can’t be duped.
Alanna S.
Bryan, TX
Chrysalis is a now-discontinued palette from Kat Von D, practically a mirror image of Monarch - but with cool tones instead. It was a gift, so I didn’t pay for it, but looking up the prices now I realize that buying a discontinued item is on the expensive side! I typically look better in warmer colors, but this palette challenged me to try something new. I really love the middle section of shades, and out of them all, my favorites are Glasswing, Melancholia, and Lunar Lights. They stand out to me as being the most unique, but perhaps also the shades I find easiest to work with.
In terms of quality, this palette is excellent. They’re extremely smooth and buttery, making them easy to blend. There is a normal amount of fallout, but the formula isn’t dusty so it’s not bad. Some of the shades are nothing special, but I believe they were included so you could create your entire eye look without having to reach for your basics or another palette. With that in mind, if cool toned eye looks are your thing, this is the perfect palette to travel with.
The packaging is also beautiful (as are all of Kat’s products!). It’s also sturdy, so whether it sits on your bathroom counter or in your makeup bag, it will hold up well. Would I pay the original retail price for it when it initially came out? Yes. Would I pay for it now, if I hadn’t received it as a gift? Also yes! Not only is it beautiful and a collectible piece for your makeup stash, the palette is very versatile and stands well on its own. I’ve heard a lot of people saying that some of the shades seem easily duped, but be real with yourself - would you rather go hunt out a dozen single shadows that matched the most, or have them all in one palette? I know which I would choose!
Bre V.
Columbus
I actually gave this one away despite my deep love of cool toned palettes and the gorgeous, gorgeous packaging. I just found I wasn't reaching for it very much, so off to my best friend it went.

It's the standard formula for KVD shadows in that they're gorgeously pigmented and ultra-buttery in how well they blend, almost to the point where they get muddy if you're not careful and you blend too much. I love purples and blues but I found that when I reached for them, I just wasn't using this palette through no fault of its own. I would recommend if you love these colors, there's seriously nothing wrong with this one.
Amanda J.
First of all, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the detail put into it! This palette has so many great cool-toned shades! They look absolutely gorgeous on the eyes! This palette has excellent pigmentation just like all the other Kat Von D palettes! These shadows glide over the eyelid effortlessly and are so creamy in texture! I’m able to create so many pretty cool-toned looks with this palette! A+++
Nat B.
Land O Lakes
One of the first palettes i owned. It was fine but i never used it. i always found myself using other palettes instead the glitter shades were a mess and would create a ton of fallout. There was one transition shade and it was good but it was more warm toned and it was a cool toned palette. there was a limited amount of looks you could make bc of this. I didn’t like color choices, it couldve been better thought out and the shades couldve been a better formula. I was overall disappointed because i like the brand and i use her face palette every day. But this was definitely a miss and i wouldnt recommend it.
Leann E.
Bakersfield
Kat Von D Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette i Love Love Love it it's one of my favorite eyeshadows and this red lipstick is my favorite color from Kat von D "please try them you'll Love them to 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝
Mary Jane B.
Honolulu , HI
Kat von D never ever fails when it comes to pigmentation! I own almost every eyeshadow palette of hers and it’s always the first thing I grab whenever I’m traveling! The ranges are awesome if you’re into a more daring feel and the numbers of looks that you can come up with are endless! I love the consistency and blend ability!! Also, when I’m really lazy I don’t even prime my kids bc obviously with that much pigmentation, you don’t have to! Just be careful if you have oily lids tho, you may not wanna do that..
Raeleen R.
Johnstown, PA
Anybody who knows me knows I'm a huge Kat Von D fan. I bought this pallette at Sephora at JcPennies and I love it. The colors are fantastic and go with a lot of my outfits. I really like using this pallette for liner on my lower eyes. Kat Von D is a bit pricey but I still buy these products because they last longer than other products i used. I think the colors look amazing on your eyes. I would recommend this product/ and all Kat Von D to anyone.
Gabby H.
This is one of my top rated go to palettes! The colors are not extremely pigmented but they are subtle and so beautiful. I wish this palette had a few more shimmery colors but the matte colors make up for that!
Allie V.
Los Angeles, CA
Kat Von D always hits the nail on the head when it come to eyeshadows. This palate has a variety of colors from matte to shimmer. They are high quality, pigmented, easy to use, blends beautifully, and the looks are always executed beautifully. This palate is for fun and festive looks. The packaging is always amazing art done by Kat. Cruelty free product and you can find in Sephora.
Alicia K.
Where can I get this palette it is so beautiful!?
Ashton A.
Is this palette still available?
Sara L.
How good is the cat von d line? Do you think it's more fancy make up or more relatable to drug store make up? What's a good starter product to try as far as eye! Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
Melody H.
Is this palette worth the money?
Amber M.
Tuscaloosa, AL
What is your favorite eyeshadow color or brand? Kat Von D Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palette is mine.