BY KAT VON D

Eye light, face bright—highlight EVERYTHING with the new Alchemist Holographic Palette! Feast your eyes on four magickal prismatic shades, which you can wear solo or layer to your heart’s content.

Kat’s super-special hybrid formula features DoubleDimension Technology: 360° refractive pearls dipped in a prismatic coating, for 2 times the transforming power with every stroke of your brush (bonus: a little goes a long way!). Part highlighter, part topcoat, part transformer, this palette is filled with endless luminizing possibilities: Strobe cheekbones, eyes, nose, lips, collarbone, Cupid’s bow— dust Alchemist literally anywhere you want an extreme iridescent highlight!

Experiment with different shade combinations within the palette, and try layering over your most fearless KvD looks (we <3 patting “{ultra-violet} amethyst” over Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in pitch black “Witches”!).

The hybrid formula also doubles as a super-shimmery highlighter. Simply sweep product over prepped skin for otherworldly iridescence. Because the formula is packed with high-quality, pearlescent particles, a little goes a long way—even a subtle application imparts bold impact.

Inspired by the ancient science of Alchemy, the art of transforming natural materials into a precious elixir, this hybrid palette is part top coat and part transformer, so it’s perfect for layering and blending to experiment with different makeup effects.

• Who else loves the kat von d alchemist highlight pallet??...1 Answers
  • Love this highlighter palette! I'm not bothered by the pa...1 Answers
  • I'd love to see some inspo for looks using the Kat Von D ...3 Answers
Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette
  • "very pretty palette and also very affordable, versatile has been suggested for use for eyes and face very pretty bright holographic packaging" in 234 reviews
Julianna K.
Chester
Absolutely beautiful. The colors are stunning. There is 4 shades in the palette. (Green) Emerald is a shade with green reflects. Out of the whole palette this is my least favorite shade because it is the least reflective. (Blue) saphyre is stunning with blue reflects. Beautiful to put in the inner corner. (Pink) opal is my second favorite shade next to amethyst because it is a white base with pink and gold reflects. I love this to put on my brows one because it is subtle but can be built up to a bright reflective pink. Last but not least is my absolutely favorite shade of the whole palette; (ultraviolet) amethyst it is soo beautiful. It was a beautiful mix between the blue and pink shades.

The shades are buttery smooth but that can be a downside. I hit pan on my ultraviolet shade and it was almost gone. It dropped face down and it stayed in pan and was fine. I went the next day to apply it and out of nowhere it just fell apart all over my brush and onto the floor. It’s ok and it was an accident on my part but they are very easy to break.  ;)
Lindsey K.
Amazing! I was a little thrown off by the small size of the pans but a little bit goes a LONG way. And unless you like to wear holographic makeup every day this will last for quite some time. Just one tiny dab in the pan with my brush was enough to accent my eyes. I love that I can use this as an eyeshadow, lip topper, and highlighter. I will definitely be using this on a night out, but can see myself also using it for subtle highlights for everyday wear. This is good stuff. It is unscented and easy to blend. The palette itself is very pretty, a unique shape, and comes with a generous mirror. The colors are shimmery and not glittery and add a beautiful, almost opalescent sheen to anything. What you use it over makes a big difference. For reference I included a photo of the product by itself, with plain eyeshadow primer and with primer + black eyeshadow. Wearing this over black is where it really shines in my opinion. Absolutely amazing product.
Nic G.
My favorite part of this palette is the multiple purposes it has. I mostly use it for highlighter because I like a formula that has shimmer and glow without chunky glitter, but it's also a really fun palette for transforming existing eyeshadow shades or for an eye look all its own. The Alchemist palette is even lip safe… although I have enough lip products to last me a lifetime, so that's something I haven't even bothered trying. These do feel a little dry in the pans, but they're super blendable and easy to work with on the skin. I really recommend trying them in person if you can because different skintones will flatter certain shades and the duochromes look so stunning in a way that swatches can never portray. Saphyre and Amethyst for me especially work well! The only issue really is the value and size, because the pans are the size of normal eyeshadow singles, but thankfully the space around them is enough that you can use a larger brush for highlighting without making a mess or dipping into multiple colors at once. If you had your eye on the UD Distortion palette or were previously disappointed by the ELF Studio Eye Transformer palette and you already have an adequate eyeshadow collection, this is a great product to try. If you're a glitter glow fan with a huge collection, you surely have dupes and probably prefer the ABH Moonchild palette (for a better value to boot), but if you’re looking to try some bolder highlighters in a slightly more subtle way, this is a great palette to try!
Tristin O.
N Smithfield, RI
I'm giving this product 4 stars not because of the formula or the packaging but because of the amount. This would be 5/5 stars if these weren't the size of eyeshadow pans. This palette is marketed to be used for the face and yet the pans are SO SMALL. Luckily I don't use duo chrome shadows often but if you're a fan of this palette and use it often, you're going to hit pan pretty quickly. Other than that these are beautiful. They're sheer with a beautiful array of shifts and they really bring any look to life. I would absolutely recommend this to people who want to add a little something extra to their makeup.
Chloe D.
Burlington , IA
In the picture I posted I used the purple shade on top of my lipstick and in the corners of my eyes. Pictures really do not give this product justice. It is meant to be holographic and let me tell you it is pretty dang close. I love layering this on top of lipstick or getting my brush wet and using it for eye shadow. It can also be used as highlighter. I’m not sure if this is still being sold but if it is I highly recommend.
Lizzi K.
Bowling Green, OH
This palette is absolutely beautiful. There is no doubt in my mind that KVD makes wonderful products. The colors swatch and wear beautifully. However, i do have some cons.
This product IS very similar to ABH Moonchild Glow Kit AND you get less product for the price. If you already have ABH's kit and don't want to spend a lot of money on a new palette, I would skip this palette. The colors ARE stunning but it's a lot of money for something that is too similar for my liking.
However, I love the packaging. Well done KVD!
Claudia M.
I couldn't wait to buy this palette when it first came out. After a long time of using it, I can safely say no other duochrome/holographic highlighter compares. It's not chunky at all, but very finely milled and four distinct colors that are visible in the light, not just a colored powder with white flash. These truly shift whatever product they're sitting on, whether it's lipstick, eyeshadow, or your cheekbones. The pan sizes might be kind of small, but it's for a quality product.
Tiffany B.
Another "topper" palette in my collection! It's fun to see colors transform with these shades on top- mixed with a dark base these are so gorgeous! I generally use these on the eyes but I suppose for highlight they would work pretty well also- but the colors are a bit too "out there" for me to have used on my cheekbones yet. I did dock a star because while the packaging is beautiful, it's such an odd shape that I can't get it to fit into my drawers with my other palettes.
katie v.
Grand Rapids
I was so excited about this palette when it first dropped, I literally ran to my nearest Sephora the day it came out. Unfortunately for only four shades, I don't think the price point is worth it considering how small the pans are. However the highlighters are amazing and I love to use them for certain colorful looks. I don't think I'll repurchase once I run out but I don't regret buying it once to at least experience it.
Shawn D.
Anchorage, AK
This is amazing, love the colors and pigmentation! You get a bright and beautiful holographic shimmer with this palette that can be worn as a highlighter or on the lid as a shadow by itself or as a topper!! Very gorgeous and long lasting shades by itself or give you shadow that extra pop!! Love love love it, Kat Von D is on pint with her brand!!
Melissa K.
Williamsport, PA
This is beautiful! Does anyone know the cost or if the colors are very pigmented?
Sara H.
Alsip, IL
Is this eyeshadow or highlighter?? It reminds me of the moonchild palette; maybe it can be used as both?
Dulce R.
Tustin, CA
How much this coast?
rmtha a.
abudhabi
is it eye shadow or highlighter ??
Keilyn A.
Celebration, FL
does anyone knows the price of this palette ?