BY KAT VON D #23 in Highlighter

Eye light, face bright—highlight EVERYTHING with the new Alchemist Holographic Palette! Feast your eyes on four magickal prismatic shades, which you can wear solo or layer to your heart’s content.

Kat’s super-special hybrid formula features DoubleDimension Technology: 360° refractive pearls dipped in a prismatic coating, for 2 times the transforming power with every stroke of your brush (bonus: a little goes a long way!). Part highlighter, part topcoat, part transformer, this palette is filled with endless luminizing possibilities: Strobe cheekbones, eyes, nose, lips, collarbone, Cupid’s bow— dust Alchemist literally anywhere you want an extreme iridescent highlight!

Experiment with different shade combinations within the palette, and try layering over your most fearless KvD looks (we <3 patting “{ultra-violet} amethyst” over Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in pitch black “Witches”!).

The hybrid formula also doubles as a super-shimmery highlighter. Simply sweep product over prepped skin for otherworldly iridescence. Because the formula is packed with high-quality, pearlescent particles, a little goes a long way—even a subtle application imparts bold impact.

Inspired by the ancient science of Alchemy, the art of transforming natural materials into a precious elixir, this hybrid palette is part top coat and part transformer, so it’s perfect for layering and blending to experiment with different makeup effects.

• Who else loves the kat von d alchemist highlight pallet??...1 Answers
  • Love this highlighter palette! I'm not bothered by the pa...1 Answers
  • I'd love to see some inspo for looks using the Kat Von D ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "very pretty palette and also very affordable, versatile has been suggested for use for eyes and face very pretty bright holographic packaging" in 234 reviews
Julianna K.
Chester
Absolutely beautiful. The colors are stunning. There is 4 shades in the palette. (Green) Emerald is a shade with green reflects. Out of the whole palette this is my least favorite shade because it is the least reflective. (Blue) saphyre is stunning with blue reflects. Beautiful to put in the inner corner. (Pink) opal is my second favorite shade next to amethyst because it is a white base with pink and gold reflects. I love this to put on my brows one because it is subtle but can be built up to a bright reflective pink. Last but not least is my absolutely favorite shade of the whole palette; (ultraviolet) amethyst it is soo beautiful. It was a beautiful mix between the blue and pink shades.

The shades are buttery smooth but that can be a downside. I hit pan on my ultraviolet shade and it was almost gone. It dropped face down and it stayed in pan and was fine. I went the next day to apply it and out of nowhere it just fell apart all over my brush and onto the floor. It’s ok and it was an accident on my part but they are very easy to break.  ;)
Zainab J.
Nashville, TN
From the packaging to the application of the colors, Alchemist is one of my highlighter palettes of all time. I bought it at Sephora over a year and a half ago, and despite the small pan sizes, it's almost full. It's a great bang for your buck.

The colors are cosmic and unreal. The palette is also versatile, which makes it an extremely worthwhile investment. You can use it your eyelids or as a topcoat on your lips for a holographic shine there. Your imagination is your only limit with this palette. The pink opal is my favorite shade, and I love applying it on top of my other highlighters to give them an extra kick at the highest points. Amethyst shines and compliments my tan skin as well.

Because it's powder, you would expect it to be patchy on dry skin, but it's actually really smooth. Even while my skin was cracking in Vegas dryness, the Alchemist highlighter applied smoothly and easily blended on top of my foundation. I would not recommend traveling with this at all because it seems very fragile.

I would highly recommend purchasing this palette.
Ty L.
Brooklyn, NY
I am surprised at how affordable this was. This is seriously the greatest highlight I have EVER used. The color payoff is beautiful, and I love unconventional highlight colors. I use this for costumes, I use this for every day at the office. Even if youre not into unconventional highlight colors, these colors are beautiful in the inner eye corner, and the pink is just slightly unconventional. I love the packaging! I travel with this often and it has never broken.
Katie K.
Nashville, TN
Oh my gosh when I first saw this highlighting palette, I thought it was so sexy! The formula is amazing and the color is perfect. Each highlight has a hint of color in it, but it’s done right where you’ll see the color when the light hits it instead of a constant green or blue stripe on the side of your face. I love using them as a pop of color on my inner corner to make my eyeshadow more interesting! These highlighters are great if you’re going to a special event and want to give your makeup something extra, but don’t be afraid to use them everyday!
Lizzi K.
Bowling Green, OH
This palette is absolutely beautiful. There is no doubt in my mind that KVD makes wonderful products. The colors swatch and wear beautifully. However, i do have some cons.
This product IS very similar to ABH Moonchild Glow Kit AND you get less product for the price. If you already have ABH's kit and don't want to spend a lot of money on a new palette, I would skip this palette. The colors ARE stunning but it's a lot of money for something that is too similar for my liking.
However, I love the packaging. Well done KVD!
Cheyanne T.
Midland, TX
Surprisingly, I actually love this palette!
I owned the moonchild glow kit by Anastasia before I bought this one, so I was on the fence about this one for a little bit. I thought they were going to be way too similar, but in all reality they are very different, and I use them both all the time.
Honestly, out of the two, I prefer this one! It is so creamy, and so pigmented. It works for everything! I use it for my eyes, for my cheeks, for my lips, on my collarbones and shoulders... everything! I like to mix them together as well, and I always love the way my look comes out when I use this.
In my opinion, this one is much more pigmented and more in your face than the ABH Moonchild kit, but I still love that one too.
If you are scared of using these crazy pigmented duo chrome shades, I would go with the ABH kit first. That one is more buildable.
I also find that these last all day long on my skin, and this kit doesn't have any glitter. Just a beautiful shimmer, so no glitter fall out all over the face! Yay!!
Bottom line, I adore this kit, and if I ever get through it all, I will hands down buy this again!

jae C.
Let me start by saying that when this palette first came out I swore up and down that I wasn't going to purchase it because I had highlighter of similar colors and didnt' need any more...

... and then I swatched it in the store and fell inlove. I up until that point had been quite faithful to ABH's Moonchild Glow Kit, especially Lucky Clover, and now I am on team KVD Alchemist Palette.

The shift is impressive, although I really don't like the fact that companies are labeling everything as "holographic" when they are really just iridescent or duo-chrome. I can comfortably wear all of the colors without worrying about them showing up unnaturally on my fair complexion.

The formula is extremely soft and smooth so be careful and don't drop your palette otherwise it might shatter and if you try to repair it, adding alcohol may dry out the formula for later use.
Anna G.
I give KVD three stars for creating a beautifully unique item, but unfortunately I was disappointed in the quality of the product. The packaging is absolutely stunning, just like you would expect in a Kat Von D product. The palette can be held easily in one hand and each of the four pans are about the size of a quarter. The mirror on the inside isn't really big enough to do much with, but would be sufficient for on-the-go touchups. When you swatch the product, each shade is beautiful and displays a unique and dramatic color shift. Looking straight on at the swatch, they appear white until you move around, and as you move, the colors are very recognizable. The big disappointment came when I tried to apply and wear the product. Just a quick note, each shadow is pretty dusty and takes a lot of work to achieve the holographic effect that is advertised. First, I tried to apply each shade as a highlight using a fan brush, and then a more condensed fluffy brush. I found that you cannot achieve the same dramatic color shift effect when applied with any brush. It more or less looks like a light, white shimmer with barely noticeable color. I just can’t justify purchasing this.
Claudia M.
I couldn't wait to buy this palette when it first came out. After a long time of using it, I can safely say no other duochrome/holographic highlighter compares. It's not chunky at all, but very finely milled and four distinct colors that are visible in the light, not just a colored powder with white flash. These truly shift whatever product they're sitting on, whether it's lipstick, eyeshadow, or your cheekbones. The pan sizes might be kind of small, but it's for a quality product.
Tiffany B.
Another "topper" palette in my collection! It's fun to see colors transform with these shades on top- mixed with a dark base these are so gorgeous! I generally use these on the eyes but I suppose for highlight they would work pretty well also- but the colors are a bit too "out there" for me to have used on my cheekbones yet. I did dock a star because while the packaging is beautiful, it's such an odd shape that I can't get it to fit into my drawers with my other palettes.
Melissa K.
Williamsport, PA
This is beautiful! Does anyone know the cost or if the colors are very pigmented?
Sara H.
Alsip, IL
Is this eyeshadow or highlighter?? It reminds me of the moonchild palette; maybe it can be used as both?
Dulce R.
Tustin, CA
How much this coast?
rmtha a.
abudhabi
is it eye shadow or highlighter ??
KeilynLiznel A.
Clermont, FL
does anyone knows the price of this palette ?