BY KASHI #37 in Vitamins & Supplements

Over 30 years ago, our founders set out on a mission to find a plant-based protein for a healthier, more sustainable way to fuel their active lifestyles—and that tradition continues with the creation of Kashi™ GoLean™ Plant Powered Shakes with nutrient-dense nourishment designed for your life in motion. see more...

• It looks good! Is it good? Most plant based products for protein ...3 Answers
  • I recive this for free but i need to used the all...Be the first to answer!
  • I just received this in my tasty voxbox but haven't tried it yet....3 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Shamiza D.
Shamiza D.
Briarwood , NY
It's okay for a plant base protein. I have learned from trial that protein made from plants tend to not taste as good as protein isolate. This chocolate flavor is good, not sweet at all. It dissolves nicely in my blender but not in the blender cup. It was still grainy from the blender cup. It taste like chocolate with a bit of unexplained odd taste. I mixed mine with peanut butter, almond milk and a touch of cinnamon and it was good but not great. It definitely does not have the topical protein taste that most protein from animal tends to have. overall not bad but not for me, great option for vegetarians. I received this product complimentary for testing purposes.
Kristi L.
Kristi L.
Merced, CA
I received a sample of this product free for review in my Tasty voxbox. I like that it is full of great ingredients and I was happy to try this out. To begin I used just plain water and let me just say this stuff tastes horrible! I mean like peas mixed with kale sprinkled with plain cocoa powder. I tried to mix I. A Splenda to help with the taste but uh no. It also thickened up so much that I couldn't drink it. This may be good mixed in baked goods but as a protein powder drinker I will not purchase this.
Dulce C Kim W.
Dulce C Kim W.
Woods Cross, UT
So what can I say? It tastes like dirt. I received the dark chocolate plant powered shake and it tastes like I poured dirt in my shake cup. And takes forever to dissolve and when it does it turns thick and foamy and weird. My thought was, this tastes like Satan's anus. So of course I had my teen daughter try it. This child will eat anything. Her first response was " This smells like butt." Then proceeded to gag. Will not be purchasing this product.
Brooklyn D.
Brooklyn D.
Poplar Bluff, MO
I received this as a freebie in my voxbox it had a okay chocolate taste to it it was bitter and nasty power flavor it had a chalky taste to it. I did kind of spruce it up a little bit I added some bananas and strawberries in it and some Splenda and it helped a little bit I'm glad for the free sample though although I am not going to buy the full version of it it was just not for me but thank you for the opportunity for me to try
Lori T.
Lori T.
Ozark, MO
I'm so glad I received this to try in my VoxBox! I have been searching for healthy alternatives to whey shakes & have had a hard time finding any that taste good. I mixed this with greens, banana, & almond milk & it was good. I'm not sure it would taste as great on its own though, as it is slightly bitter. I, however, love the taste of dark chocolate. If you don't this may be too bitter. Love, love the ingredients!!
Melinda P.
Melinda P.
Waterloo, IA
I've used protien powder shakes in the past and haven't found one that I love. Well, I may have found "the one"! Kashi GoLean dark cocoa power plant powered shake was delicious! I popped it in my shaker bottle with my favorite almond milk, gave it a good shaking, and it was perfect. Not lumpy or grainy like some can be, not too sweet or too bitter and no funky after taste. Definitely will buy this again!
Michelle B.
Michelle B.
Received this product in my #tastyvoxbox complementary for tasting purposes. It's not my favorite item that I received. I can't get over the smell of the powder and the taste. Don't get me wrong I know it's a powder and it's not going to taste like a dessert but I have had protein powders that are a lot better than this one. I recommend everyone give it a try but I will not be purchasing myself
Kayla D.
Kayla D.
Rock Hill, SC
I was really impressed with this vegan protein powder! Kashi is a great brand and their Dark Cocoa Power Plant Powered shake is great! It's not a milkshake but a protein shake so there are texture issues but in all just follow the directions on the pack. Get your favorite milk option your powder and your blender! It's also packed with 21 grams of Protein!
Amanda K.
Amanda K.
Just received this in my voxbox and wanted to try it out! I was excited to see that it was only 4 weight watcher points! This had a horrible taste . I mixed it with one banana and 8 oz. almond milk. To me, it tastes just like chalk. I know that this is just my opinion so feel free to try it yourself. I will not be having anymore though.
Kana A.
Kana A.
Eva, AL
I received Kashi GOLean Dark Coco Powder in my first box. I immediately tried it since I am a chocolate fanatic and I love!!! I can't wait to buy this product. Plus, it's healthy!! It has 21g of plant protein, greens, beets, sprouted legumes and probiotics!! Just mix with milk or water and add your favorite fruits and it's delish!!
Tabitha T.
Tabitha T.
Macon, GA
I just received this in my tasty voxbox but haven't tried it yet. What's the best thing to mix with it?
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Fullerton , CA
It looks good! Is it good? Most plant based products for protein powders have never tasted so good. Any recommendations to mix it with?
Angela L.
Angela L.
Elizabethtown, KY
What different ways are there to make this?
Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Hudson, MA
Can you taste the beets?
Shurell T.
Shurell T.
Orlando, FL
Does it have a powdery taste to it?