BY KASHI #7 in Protein Shakes

Our New Vegan GOLEAN™ Dark Cocoa Power™ Plant-powered Shake Has 21 Grams Of Plant-powered Protein To Help You Take Your Day To New Levels. And With Its Numerous Probiotics? Hello, Digestive Health.

But This Shake’s Goodness Doesn’t Stop There. It Has Golean™ Super Foods, Including Greens, Beets And Sprouted Legumes. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Ingredients :

Pea Protein, Ground Flax Seeds, Organic Cocoa†, Ground Chia Seeds, Dried Spinach, Hemp Protein Powder, Organic Sprouted Legumes (Navy Beans, Garbanzo Beans, Lentils), Beet Powder, Dried Kale, Natural Flavors, Garbanzo Beans, Turmeric, Bacillus Coagulans Gbi-30 6086, Monk Fruit Extract.

Contains : May Contain Tree Nuts.

• What does this taste like ?1 Answers
  • Does anyone else feel like this tastes like you are eatin...1 Answers
  • It looks good! Is it good? Most plant based products for ...3 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Krisi H.
Honey Grove, TX
The taste of this product was just average for a protein drink. The texture was chunky no matter how I mixed it. This made it difficult to drink each time. I purchased this at Walgreens because I ran out of the brand I usually order so it was convenient to be able to get it the day I needed it. I do not recommend this product.
Allie T.
Schenectady, NY
this is a great post workout or meal replacement shake! It is vegan friendly and plant based which I am all about. I love the flavor and the smell. It is easily blendable and mixes well with anything. I usually mix mine with almond milk and chia seeds for breakfast. Highly recommended!
Kari M.
This tastes amazing!! The health benefits to it are just an added bonus.  I have always loved Kashi, and this is something I will sure go ahead and purchase more of.  I think it was so great! I loved receiving this in my #VoxBox, such an awesome treat to have!
Kylie Y.
Kalamazoo, MI
I wasn’t a fan of this powder. I tried it with almond milk and water and could not get it to mix in well. It was still grainy and weird. Overall the tase was ok aside from the texture. Was a miss for me, but I generally enjoy Kati products.
Brittany R.
Wallingford, CT
I'm not going to lie I was super into the Kashi GOLEAN Dark Cocoa Powder-- but I definitely was not a fan of the gritty texture it created. I found that you definitely had to blend it a few times through to get the preferred texture. Overall, a good product though!
Ashley S.
Altoona, PA
*I tried leaving this review on Walgreens.com, but their reviews aren't loading*

I got a free sample of this in my #tastyvoxbox, and it took me till the very last days of the campaign to try it because I am not a huge fan of protein powders/shakes. Not only do they usually have an insane amount of added sugar, but they usually taste like chalk.

FIRST THOUGHTS: Not thrilled that it really didn't look good from the start. It looked cakey and smelled like...nothing. Really excited that it was plant based & that it was vegan friendly, as I like to try products I can hopefully recommend to vegan friends.

PREPARATION: Initially, even though you can use about anything, I made it with 2% milk using my Cyclone Cup. Then I added half a banana & a scoop of peanut butter powder, using my blender.

TASTE: Alone you can definitely tell it is plant based. It is bland, absolutely boring. It's actually because it was so bland, I decided to add a few things to it. As mentioned above, I used half a banana & a scoop of peanut butter powder and added a bit more milk, the taste of the product itself wasn't improved despite using 2 products I LOVE. It doesn't taste like cocoa either.

TEXTURE: The texture is horrid. Even when used in the blender it is still chalky. The only part I liked was that it is a thick shake. Even if I did try this again & found items to add to improve on the taste, I don't think I could get past the chalky texture.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I am very disappointed in this product. I had my boyfriend try it as well, since he is really into protein shakes & powders. He took one drink & refused to take another, he thought it was that horrible. I did find that as I drank more of it, I got used to the taste, but who wants a protein shake that you have to force down, when there ARE products out there that are delicious & good for you? I would not recommend this to anyone & will not spend any amount of money on giving it a second chance.

Allison C.
[Disclosure: I received a sample of this product in the Influenster Tasty VoxBox in late 2016]

On and off, I have tried other protein powder samples in the past. They've left a literal bad taste in my mouth. That being said, I've seen may food bloggers discuss how much protein powders and nutritional shake mixes have changed. I've seen them at my local grocery stores and drugstores, but I have been apprehensive to drop $20+ on something I feared I may not like. When I got this sample in my Tasty VoxBox, I literally exclaimed, "Awesome!" I think I might have startled my roommate that was sitting on the couch next to me, but, I digress...

I mixed it as directed, adding a ripe banana to the mix of liquid that I added (unsweetened almond milk).

Off the bat, I LOVED the flavor. After looking through a few other reviews of fellow Influensters that received this in their VoxBoxes, I think I may be in the minority. Ha! I loved that you could actually taste the real cocoa flavor. Not *chocolate*, but *cocoa*. I love that earthy flavor. It may not be for everyone, sure. I think so many people are used to the taste of chocolate and may think of chocolate and cocoa as being interchangeable terms. But when I saw "dark cocoa" on the label, I knew it wasn't going to be chocolately. Mixed with the banana and the almond milk, the flavors were subtle and not overwhelming. It was exactly what I wanted.

The texture wasn't too horrible either! Let's just say I've definitely have had worse. It was a tad chalky to me, but palatable. Had I not mixed in banana and almond milk, I think it would have been worse. I can't imagine it would have had a great texture if I had mixed it solely with water, for example. THAT I might have gagged on.

The lack of artificial ingredients piqued my interest, but the inclusion of probiotics in the mix is what really sold me! I'm all about maintaining (or, at least, attempting to maintain) good gut health. Those probiotics are what would make me likely to purchase this product in the future!

Don't be afraid of this mix! It's honestly one of the best I've tried! In my opinion, it's a good one to try if you've never had and / or are apprehensive about protein powder mixes. It's a fine introduction. I would definitely use a dairy or non-dairy milk and some fruit to mix in, though. That is where you'll achieve your best flavor and texture results.
Skylar S.
I was really excited to try this out. I got a sample from Influester complimentary to test. I have used many different types of protein powders for various reasons (energy, meal, post workout). I mainly stick to a low-carb diet and the first thing I noticed was that this powder has 13g of carbs! Which is about how much I eat in a meal (or less!). I thought - okay so maybe this is supposed to be a meal. I'll try it as a breakfast.

As the instructions say, mix it with 8oz of your favorite milk option or chilled water. I usually use unsweetened vanilla cashew milk because its nice and thick and actually has a sweetness to it. I read reviews that this powder isn't as sweet so I wanted to make sure to try it with the cashew milk and not just water. What a fail.

This is probably one of the WORST tasting protein shake I'VE EVER HAD- I couldn't even take more than two sips. It basically just tasted like dry kashi cereal (which I'm also not a huge fan of) grind up into a powder. Not only was there no sweetness, it was somehow dry. I know I know - how can a liquid shake taste dry?! Well somehow it does. I felt like I was almost chewing the shake.

Alas this product is just not for me. I'm sure there are plenty of people who love the taste and can chug this stuff...but I need something sweeter to get me through the fact that I'm drinking a meal and not eating it.

Nuzhat C.
Ann Arbor, MI
Really good flavor, which is surprising because I shy away from flavored powders and usually get the vanilla. The directions are super simple and you can adjust based on preference. I really like the Dark Cocoa Mix
Stephanie D.
marietta, OH
for a powder, I really like this one. the flavor is really good, and the consistency is decent. a lot of times when I try a new powder, its too thick, or it tastes funky. this product is fantastic and I will more than likely be purchasing this in the future!
Molly D.
Newark Valley, NY
I Received this sample in my #tastyvoxbox and was wondering if there was anything to do to improve the taste?
Lauren S.
Fullerton , CA
It looks good! Is it good? Most plant based products for protein powders have never tasted so good. Any recommendations to mix it with?
Brenda S.
Topeka, KS
How many diferente ways has some one tried this?
Miu H.
Port-au-Prince
I would like to know if this has protein, if it's going to help me build muscle.
Tabitha T.
Macon, GA
I just received this in my tasty voxbox but haven't tried it yet. What's the best thing to mix with it?