BY KASHI #6 in Protein Supplements

This is not just any chocolate shake. Carefully crafted with high quality Fair Trade dark cocoa, this flavor fulfills your deepest chocolate desire.

• Multisource plant protein, Probiotics and Super Foods make for a well-balance protein blend to help power you up whether you’re looking for a pre-yoga snack or refuel after a long run.
  • Designed in partnership with a sports nutritionist to create a nutrient-dense nourishment to fuel an active lifestyle
  • Clean, Simple Ingredients that are Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten Free and Vegan
  • Designed with low level of sweetness so you can customize into your favorite smoothie recipe.
  • Stevia-Free, no bitter aftertaste!

Product Features

• Non-GMO Project Verified
  • Gluten-free
  • Vegan
  • 20-21g of plant protein
  • 3500mg BCAA (Branched-Chain Amino Acids)
  • Probiotics: 1 billion¾ cup or more of greens per serving

• Does anyone else feel like this tastes like you are eating vegeta...1 Answers
  • How much protein is in this?1 Answers
Lauren S.
Willmar, MN
Okay, I’m sorry but I absolutely despised this product. It was super gritty and tasted like a mixture of chalk and dirt. I can’t even begin to justify why I thought it would be decent. Never going to buy this. It was just terrible.
Ashley S.
Altoona, PA
*I tried leaving this review on Walgreens.com, but their reviews aren't loading*

I got a free sample of this in my #tastyvoxbox, and it took me till the very last days of the campaign to try it because I am not a huge fan of protein powders/shakes. Not only do they usually have an insane amount of added sugar, but they usually taste like chalk.

FIRST THOUGHTS: Not thrilled that it really didn't look good from the start. It looked cakey and smelled like...nothing. Really excited that it was plant based & that it was vegan friendly, as I like to try products I can hopefully recommend to vegan friends.

PREPARATION: Initially, even though you can use about anything, I made it with 2% milk using my Cyclone Cup. Then I added half a banana & a scoop of peanut butter powder, using my blender.

TASTE: Alone you can definitely tell it is plant based. It is bland, absolutely boring. It's actually because it was so bland, I decided to add a few things to it. As mentioned above, I used half a banana & a scoop of peanut butter powder and added a bit more milk, the taste of the product itself wasn't improved despite using 2 products I LOVE. It doesn't taste like cocoa either.

TEXTURE: The texture is horrid. Even when used in the blender it is still chalky. The only part I liked was that it is a thick shake. Even if I did try this again & found items to add to improve on the taste, I don't think I could get past the chalky texture.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I am very disappointed in this product. I had my boyfriend try it as well, since he is really into protein shakes & powders. He took one drink & refused to take another, he thought it was that horrible. I did find that as I drank more of it, I got used to the taste, but who wants a protein shake that you have to force down, when there ARE products out there that are delicious & good for you? I would not recommend this to anyone & will not spend any amount of money on giving it a second chance.

Allison C.
[Disclosure: I received a sample of this product in the Influenster Tasty VoxBox in late 2016]

On and off, I have tried other protein powder samples in the past. They've left a literal bad taste in my mouth. That being said, I've seen may food bloggers discuss how much protein powders and nutritional shake mixes have changed. I've seen them at my local grocery stores and drugstores, but I have been apprehensive to drop $20+ on something I feared I may not like. When I got this sample in my Tasty VoxBox, I literally exclaimed, "Awesome!" I think I might have startled my roommate that was sitting on the couch next to me, but, I digress...

I mixed it as directed, adding a ripe banana to the mix of liquid that I added (unsweetened almond milk).

Off the bat, I LOVED the flavor. After looking through a few other reviews of fellow Influensters that received this in their VoxBoxes, I think I may be in the minority. Ha! I loved that you could actually taste the real cocoa flavor. Not *chocolate*, but *cocoa*. I love that earthy flavor. It may not be for everyone, sure. I think so many people are used to the taste of chocolate and may think of chocolate and cocoa as being interchangeable terms. But when I saw "dark cocoa" on the label, I knew it wasn't going to be chocolately. Mixed with the banana and the almond milk, the flavors were subtle and not overwhelming. It was exactly what I wanted.

The texture wasn't too horrible either! Let's just say I've definitely have had worse. It was a tad chalky to me, but palatable. Had I not mixed in banana and almond milk, I think it would have been worse. I can't imagine it would have had a great texture if I had mixed it solely with water, for example. THAT I might have gagged on.

The lack of artificial ingredients piqued my interest, but the inclusion of probiotics in the mix is what really sold me! I'm all about maintaining (or, at least, attempting to maintain) good gut health. Those probiotics are what would make me likely to purchase this product in the future!

Don't be afraid of this mix! It's honestly one of the best I've tried! In my opinion, it's a good one to try if you've never had and / or are apprehensive about protein powder mixes. It's a fine introduction. I would definitely use a dairy or non-dairy milk and some fruit to mix in, though. That is where you'll achieve your best flavor and texture results.
Valerie M.
I was very excited to try this....but couldn't stomach the taste :( Its supposed to be dark chocolate flavored, but the "plant power" equals a very veggie/unpleasant aftertaste. I just couldn't force myself to finish each glass. Very disappointing.
Skylar S.
I was really excited to try this out. I got a sample from Influester complimentary to test. I have used many different types of protein powders for various reasons (energy, meal, post workout). I mainly stick to a low-carb diet and the first thing I noticed was that this powder has 13g of carbs! Which is about how much I eat in a meal (or less!). I thought - okay so maybe this is supposed to be a meal. I'll try it as a breakfast.

As the instructions say, mix it with 8oz of your favorite milk option or chilled water. I usually use unsweetened vanilla cashew milk because its nice and thick and actually has a sweetness to it. I read reviews that this powder isn't as sweet so I wanted to make sure to try it with the cashew milk and not just water. What a fail.

This is probably one of the WORST tasting protein shake I'VE EVER HAD- I couldn't even take more than two sips. It basically just tasted like dry kashi cereal (which I'm also not a huge fan of) grind up into a powder. Not only was there no sweetness, it was somehow dry. I know I know - how can a liquid shake taste dry?! Well somehow it does. I felt like I was almost chewing the shake.

Alas this product is just not for me. I'm sure there are plenty of people who love the taste and can chug this stuff...but I need something sweeter to get me through the fact that I'm drinking a meal and not eating it.

Nuzhat C.
Ann arbor, MI
Really good flavor, which is surprising because I shy away from flavored powders and usually get the vanilla. The directions are super simple and you can adjust based on preference. I really like the Dark Cocoa Mix
Michelle M.
Tampa, FL
I was most excited about receiving a complimentary sample of Kashi GOLEAN Dark Cocoa Power in my #tastyvoxbox

Wow, was I wrong! I'm so glad I didn't waste my money on this terrible powdered shake. I drink protein shakes every morning and have never had such a foul tasting protein drink. The drink tasted like dried peas and dirt. Maybe it was the hemp protein powder that left such an awful aftertaste?

As directed, I made this with my favorite milk (almond milk). I even tried adding ice and blending the drink, but it did not improve the taste.

I usually enjoy health food and many of Kashi's cereals so I am shocked that this did not taste better.**DISCLOSURE: I received this product free/ complimentary for testing purposes.
Amanda B.
Cartersville, GA
I'll start out by saying that a protein shake is not a milkshake. If you’re expecting a sweet chocolatey treat, this is not it. But Kashi made this lightly sweetened so you can make it how you wish. I mixed with regular milk, which has quite a bit of sugar in it. Even so, I had to add some Stevia to make it good. I actually like that the Kashi is not full of sugar. It took a long time to mix it by hand, but I did get a smooth drink. I love that it has 21 grams of plant protein per serving and probiotics. I’m trying to incorporate more protein into my diet, and that’s hard to do when I limit animal proteins. I give it 5 stars for nutrition, 5 for ease of mix, and 4 for taste. I received this for free for testing. I shop at Walgreen’s all the time, so I am planning on buying some Kashi Go Lan Dark Cocoa Power Plant Powered Shake to make for breakfast before work. Stating your day with that much protein is awesome! #KashiPlantPower
William K.
I was hoping for the best, but sadly I didn't find it in this product. The Kashi plant based shake is a nice alternative if you are looking for this, however I found the texture & taste to be a bit too problematic for me.

The taste was very plant/veggie forward - I think it was the Pea protein, but it didn't taste enough like chocolate to make it an enjoyable drink. I found myself chugging just to get it down. The taste also lingered & came back during my workout later that day in the form of burps.

The texture was also a problem for me, I mixed it, shook it, stirred it, and never got anything outside of slightly chalky. I mixed with almond milk, which tends to be fine in mixing powders together, but this one wasn't great.

The only positive I can offer is that it is a plant based option for those folks who want to avoid animal proteins.

I did receive a sample of this product for testing purposes from Influenster and Kashi, however my review is clearly my own.
Jasmine B.
Crane, MO
I typical use protein powders for an "on-the-go" snack when I am too busy to prepare a whole food snack. So I need it to be tasty and convenient. Kashi did a great job putting together a power packed, simple protein powder. They hit all the health trends - gluten free, vegan, superfoods, probiotics, no sugar or artificial sweeteners, fair trade dark cocoa! Seriously, good stuff. But, for someone who needs to pour, dump, shake and run...this doesn't for the bill. I like using cold coconut milk with my shakes and this didn't not mix up well (even with a blender ball), leaving chunks. The texture was too chalky for me. And while I truly appreciate the no sugar, I had a hard time enjoying the bland drink. I think this would be the perfect addition to a smoothie with added fruit, nut butters and such for someone who has time to pull out the blender though! Overall, not a bad product, just not as convenient as I had hoped. *I was given a complementary sample for the intention of receiving my honest review.
Molly D.
Newark Valley, NY
I Received this sample in my #tastyvoxbox and was wondering if there was anything to do to improve the taste?
Miu H.
Port-au-Prince
I would like to know if this has protein, if it's going to help me build muscle.
Brenda S.
Topeka, KS
How many diferente ways has some one tried this?
Carli W.
If I were to add bananas and peanut butter to this... could I use it as a meal replacement? Like for breakfast.
Shailine D.
What's the best way anyone has used Kashi dark chocolate shake? I tried it with milk. Didn't quite like it all, but wanting to eat healthier. Any suggestions???