BY KARO #5 in Syrups

Karo® Light Corn Syrup.
New!
With Real Vanilla.
1 Cup Easy Measure!
0g High Fructose Corn Syrup. see more...

• What do you use this product for?4 Answers
  • Do you add this to your kids bottles?4 Answers
  • My mom would give this to me when I was sick does anyone know why...4 Answers
Buy on Target*
Monica N.
Parma, OH
This is a holiday pantry staple and always nice to have on hand.  Light Corn Syrup goes great in Candied Sweet Potatoes.  Here's a good recipe: 4 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes, 1 Cup plus 2 TBS Brown Sugar, 1 TBS Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, 1/2 Cup Butter, 1  1/4 Cup Karo Light Corn Syrup, 1/4 Cup Honey, 2 TBS Vanilla, 1/4 tsp Salt.  Boil potatoes in water for 40 minutes until fork tender.  Remove from water, peel and slice into thin circles.  Set aside.  In another bowl, combine all of the spices, condiments and wet ingredients (except for the 2 TBS of brown sugar) to form a sauce.  Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.  Mix together potatoes with sauce making sure everything is blended properly together; pour in a glass baking dish and cover mixture with the remaining brown sugar and bake for 1 hour plus an extra 10-15 minutes longer.  The creator of this recipe says it's the BEST candied sweet potatoes ever and I agree.  I always have Karo in my cabinets and this is a good recipe to try with it.
Beverly B.
Lebanon, TN
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Karo is a great brand we always choose it when baking or making hard candy. We can always count on great quality and great price with this product. I do a lot of baking for the holidays pies and candies. I am always satisfied with this product. I highly recommend this.
Brittany M.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I buy karo corn syrup once a year or so for when I bake my gluten free pecan pies during thanksgiving and Christmas. The stuff is not fun to work with as it’s extremely sticky and thick. However it does make for a delicious pecan pie!
Tiffany Nicole M.
Red Springs
Not only can you use this in cooking but it also helps make a nice thickness for blood during Halloween. If you take some of this Karo Light Corn Syrup and add red and blue food coloring (McCormick Specialty Extracts Assorted Food Colors And Egg Dye) you get perfect homemade sweet blood for cooking or for Halloween makeup. This product is very good and cheap for its price. This product can be found at any local Walmart in the cooking area. To me it works just or almost as good as fake blood you can buy but cheaper and homemade, and who doesn't love blood that you can eat and is sweet. I definitely recommend this product to all cookers or people that want to use it like the way I did. It also works perfectly for cooking especially if you need a certain thickness. TIP: if using it for Halloween makeup blood add a tad bit of water to make it less sticky and less thick.
Erin J.
Pearcy, AR
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I have never really used the Karo Syrup for cooking purposes, but was advised to use it in my daughters bottles when she was an infant to help keep her stools looser and not cause constipation.  Of course she loved the taste, but it did help with her issues with constipation without having to use prescription drugs, etc.  I would highly recommend trying this if you have issues with constipation yourself or you kids.  It was a really easy fix.  I purchased the Karo Syrup at Walmart, but have seen it at many other stores.
Tatiana G.
augusta, ga
This is a very healthy way to get not only your regularity back but also your little ones regularity back I loved that it has many uses my grandmother recommended that I buy this when I was pregnant with my first son and I did she gave me measurements and everything to put in his bottle so a long time I thought that this was karo syrups purpose but one day I looked at the back of the label and seen that it wasn't by far I tried to cook with it and that wasn't good at all I recommend for bowel issues
Jamie M.
Hollywood, MD
Corn syrup is great for baking or using in the kitchen but believe it or not I also used this item when my little boybwas a baby. The doctors told me to put a little in his botttle to help him go to the bathroom since he was having trouble at the time and guess what it worked. So not only is this great for cooking bit it can help your little ones out as well.
Virgie S.
Huntsville, TN
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
This stuff is not only good for baking goodies but I also use to put it in my son's bottle when he was a baby to help him go to the bathroom. And it work very good. And it tastes good too.
Shaunice L.
This stuff is just about the stickiest thing I've ever happened upon. It can be a little pricey but it works good in recipes. Flavor is strong sugar and surprisingly taste pretty good on waffles my cousin showed me that trick.
Kristi G.
Seattle, WA
I mean, what can I say - it's corn syrup, so if that's what you are looking for, then this is the right one. You can do either the light or dark and it shouldn't matter. Both are great and work well in all sorts of recipes.
Yvette A.
Montebello, CA
What kind of recipes do you use these for?
Michelle A.
What is this mainly used for?
Kayla B.
Piedmont, SC
Do you add this to your kids bottles?
Selena R.
My mom would give this to me when I was sick does anyone know why? Does anyone else do this to your kid when they're sick? Or had this done to them as well?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
What do you use this product for?