Junior League  uploaded by Heidi M.Junior League  uploaded by Heidi M.

BY JUNIOR LEAGUE #67 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• I have heard of this, what does it do?2 Answers
  • I never heard of this charity4 Answers
  • What is the Junior League what type of foundation is this?2 Answers
Becky R.
Ogden, UT
Junior League is about empowering women and promoting voluntarism. I’ve known about the League since I was a little girl and am a proud member. I’ve had the pleasure of serving on the board of my city’s League and made valuable connections that helped me with other board work as well as my professional development. Our league not only helps develop women, but helps underserved women and children receive medical and dental care, runs a community garden, sends women to professional development conferences, and sustains a leadership program for girls ages 10-16.
Miranda V.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 4
This is such a good company, and they make a difference in so many peoples lives. And I’m glad that influenster includes charities in their website so people can express how appreciative they are for the people involved
Courtney W.
PA
Although the Junior League may have a reputation for being snooty women, I can tell you that is far from the truth. I've been a member for four years, and in my time with the organization I've had the pleasure of making new friends, improving my local community, and changing my life for the better. As a women-only organization, the Junior League trainers its members to be more effective leaders as a catalyst for change. If your city has a chapter, please check it out!
Melissa C.
Raleigh, NC
I'm a proud member of the Raleigh, NC chapter. It feels really good to give back to the community thru volunteering and fundraising. We are able to access our financial records so we know exactly where the funds are being directed. It's a great place to meet put-together, intelligent women.
Tara N.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
I love being part of Junior League. It has offered me great networking connections and volunteer opportunities. The organization acts a a training opportunity to develop women to go out and change the world and their workplaces. Membership is transferable from chapters which is great!
Emily B.
P C Beach, FL
My Mom was in a Junior League Women's chapter while I was growing up and I appreciated the values and ideals it was built on! Our local chapter is fairly small but is absolutely a great organization for community involvement!
Megan C.
Lexington, KY
Proud member in Lexington, KY. It feels so good to be associated with profession women who enjoy giving back as much as I do. We have an annual horse show and holly day marker that helps raise money to give back to local charities each year.
Lori E.
Anniston, AL
I have been an active member of the Junior League of Anniston-Calhoun for five years, and a Board Member for three years. Nothing is impossible when a group of women come together!!
Erica R.
Our city's Junior League has a thrift shop not far from my home. I strongly support the goals of the Junior League (including provision of health food to local families in need). When we have clothing or household items to donate, I prefer to donate to the Junior League thrift shop instead of other places that accept donations. We also shop at the thrift shop as a way to provide financial support to the Junior League, while also purchasing second-hand items to reduce the amount we throw in landfills. I love to see young people volunteering at the thrift shop and learning from the older women about how to work in retail and how to deal appropriately with customers.
Katy C.
Cincinnati, OH
As a seven-year member of the Junior League of Cincinnati, I have experienced tremendous opportunities to serve my community with fellow members, learn leadership skills while working with a variety of committees, and I've had the chance to grow my personal network with hundreds of women who are interested in affecting real community change.

The Junior League has exposed me to best practices for leadership that I now implement as a leader within my employer's organizational structure. I've also had the opportunity to delve into pressing community issues like childhood obesity and resources for battered women and their families.

The Junior League is an invaluable resource and opportunity for women of any age and station in life - new college grads, working professionals, stay-at-home mothers, retired women.

I am grateful for the experience the Junior League has afforded me.
Miranda C.
Richmond, BC
Are they a lot of members for this group?
Katie D.
Asheboro, NC
I have never heard of this before. I'm interested in learning more
Rebecca M.
Charlotte, NC
How can someone join this organization?
Kaylee W.
How does this group affect college applications? I'm not familiar with this organization.
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What volunteer opportunities do they have? Easy to be apart of it? Any opportunities in south Florida