BY JULEP

A nail-perfecting, hydrating base coat formulated with innovative Oxygen Technology and smoothing silica minerals. Coat nails with this Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat to allow oxygen to permeate the nail bed, encouraging strong, healthy nail growth. This mineral rich formula refines nail texture while hiding ridges and imperfections. It also acts as a protective base that helps color last longer and prevents it from staining your nails. Pair it with the JULEP Color Treat nail polish and Oxygen Performance Top Coat to create the ultimate long-wear system that allows nails to breathe. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and a five-free formula. It is free of formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, DBP, and camphor. see more...

Buy on Nordstrom*
Teran P.
Teran P.
Minneapolis, MN
I was intrigued by this product when I received it in one of my Julep boxes forever and a year ago. It sounded like a magical, science-y product that I was willing to try out. I can't say that it did anything extremely special, but it did help to avoid stained nails from my darker polishes which was nice. It didn't exactly smooth out my nails either, but I am not too let down by that claim. It did what I needed it to do.
Ella C.
Ella C.
I enjoyed this base coat. It works well with other polishes from a variety of other brands. It is applies very easily and evenly on the nails, creating a smooth surface for the color polish to lay on. It dries pretty quickly too, so you don't have to waste time waiting for it to dry before continuing your manicure. Will recommend this product if you are looking to try a new base coat.
Darlene M.
Darlene M.
What a great pruduct! All women get ridges on their nails and even though buffing helps, a base coat is important. This base coat makes such a smooth surface for nail polish and helps the color from chipping or peeling. I do my own pedicure weekly and this is something I use everytime. If you're ever in Ulta, grab it! You won't be disappointed.
Bri M.
Bri M.
Canonsburg, PA
LOVE! This oxygen smoothing base coat is great underneath polish. Good for your nails as well. The whole company has great products. The nail polish is pretty incredible as well. It was very easy to use, would purchase again.
Samantha B.
Samantha B.
Cedarville, OH
Love this! Helped my nails continue to grow healthy & reduced polish chipping! I don't have much experience in higher end nail care, but I was thrilled with my experience with the julep nail care products
Kristina B.
Kristina B.
Staten Island, NY
Great smoothing base I believe I got this product in my very first box with some red and glitter polish along with a nail file and buffer it easy to apply and I would recommend if you have like indents or discoloration on your nails
Leidy A.
Leidy A.
Works well, it keeps my nails shiny & pretty! Its good for its price it can be found at macys. & i recommend this for anyone & I recently just bought this product & it worked right away!
Kendra E.
Kendra E.
Orlando
This is the best primer I have her used. It sets your face before the foundation and closes your pores. The value is a great amount, not to much but its not cheap. This is a must
Clorae B.
Clorae B.
Woodinville, WA
This has really helped my nails get stronger! I love it. Not sure if it helps my polish last longer or not, but I haven't tried using the polish without this.
Taylor S.
Taylor S.
Really loved this stuff! I received it as a gift so I'm not sure if the price reflects it or anything, but I feel like I'd probably repurchase it anyways.