Paulina D.
Paulina D.
Trenton, NJ

Is the subscription worth it? I get many emails to sign up for a free month but haven't took the plunge yet. What do you suggest?
Brittany J.
Brittany J.
April 24, 2014, 10:06 p.m.
I just wanted to add a correction to a previous answer...I signed up for the free box in August 2013 and have been allowed to skip every month since. I don't know where you heard you couldn't, but that's definitely not the case. Now to address the actual question: For me, it wasn't worth it. The polish is great and last long, but I paint my nails maybe once every two weeks so I don't feel like paying $20 a month for something I'll barely use. I still follow them on Pinterest and Instagram and they have some great new products such as an elongated "Plie" wand with various attachments. It's great if you're into doing intricate designs on your nails.
Christina C.
Christina C.
March 19, 2014, 9:28 p.m.
If you are still indecisive, think about quite a few factors. They are high-end polishes that comes in gorgeous colors, and now offering makeup, etc. Although, you get to pick a collection or able to skip a month, really think about if you honestly need all that nail polish. I was subscribed for 6 months, and I received so much polish from Julep Maven, as well as receiving other nail polish brands from other subscription boxes. $19.99 gets pretty expensive after awhile.
Ashley P.
Ashley P.
March 5, 2014, 10:36 p.m.
Honestly? do what i did, get your first box (i did get 2 add ons and spent like 12 bucks just so i could get free shipping, because in my opinion it's worth spending 12 bucks extra instead of $4 shipping) my first box came with a 50% coupon code which you can use on the next months box ... so i used that 50% code and made my box $10 and then i cancelled. if you seriously paint your nails all the time and don't already have an enormous collection of nail polish it's worth it, but 2-3 polishes a month is a lot of polish and i feel like unless you paint your nails like 2 times a week it's not really worth it in the end. i saw an answer talking about being allowed to skip months, WRONG. that's an old policy they had and changed a few months ago. you can only skip i think twice a year. and it's only every like 6 months that you earn a skip. so you CANNOT skip months anymore. i tried. the polish is really nice, just really don't think it's worth keeping after a few months because you will be over loaded with polish (if you're not like me and don't already have a ton of unused polish already) hope this helps!
Brianna P.
Brianna P.
Feb. 25, 2014, 11:40 a.m.
Just get their seasonal Limited Edition boxes, they are a much better deal. You don't need to be subscribed to get them. You have to really watch for them though, they sell out fast!
Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.
Feb. 18, 2014, 11:04 p.m.
If you have the free promo code then definitely take advantage of it! That's what I did because I wasn't sure if I would like this sub box. If you like nail polish then this is the box for you! I have tried 2 months and may continue my subscription but there are other boxes out there that I want to try so I may have to pause my subscription with Julep temporarily!
Sylvana M.
Sylvana M.
Feb. 14, 2014, 9:46 p.m.
The free box is definitely worth the shipping cost, but then you have time to decide if you want to keep it. You are given the opportunity to skip any month but are at least able to see the selections and mix up the contents of your box if you want. The free box is just the intro box and is typically unchangeable. As far as if Julep is worth the amount you pay, it really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for new colors delivered to your door every month and a cosmetic sample then it may work for you. However, if you are just looking for a cost effective way to get new colors every month you may want to stick to going to the local Drugstore. One major fact about a majority of these mail service brands is that they are usually 5 free and also try to guarantee long wear. I personally can tell the difference in how long the polish lasts.
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
Feb. 11, 2014, 6:21 p.m.
They just changed the terms of service so that you can't skip every month now (for new subscribers). Now you have to get 6 boxes before you 'earn' a skip. With these conditions I don't think the sub is worth it. The polishes are quite small and their formula isn't always the greatest. The only reason I kept my sub all this time is to get free shipping on sale items but I skip most of the monthly boxes.
Nola G.
Nola G.
Feb. 11, 2014, 3:23 p.m.
Try the free month! There's no commitment to continue the subscription and you can see if you like it enough to continue. They DO make you sign up on a monthly subscription plan in order to get the free box so make sure that if you decide it's not your thing to cancel the subscription before they charge you for the next month! I think it's a fun way to get new polishes and you can stop whenever you want.
Nicole H.
Nicole H.
Feb. 10, 2014, 7:08 p.m.
If you know you'll have the funds for it every month then, sure, go for it. The product is not that bad.
Brittanie A.
Brittanie A.
Feb. 8, 2014, 9:51 p.m.
This is a really cool box subscription. If your into polish you can pick the box with the most polish or pick one that mixes in beauty stuff. I like the nail polish I have gotten 3 boxes and only have one polish I'm not a fan of out of 10+ polishes. I think it's worth a try ;)
Laurence P.
Laurence P.
Jan. 29, 2014, 4:17 p.m.
It's totally worth it. I've been a Maven for almost a year and it rarely happens that I don't like any of the boxes offered.
Sonia H.
Sonia H.
Jan. 27, 2014, 6:19 p.m.
If you are into nail polish it will be a good program for you, I really like the colors they have sent to me so far.

Join Now